ImageImageImage

Celts Give Pistons A Good Fistin'! Victory Cigar vs DET 3/22

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Who smokes the big cigar?

Brown
37%
White
18%
Pritchard
43%
KP
1%
Tillman
No votes
Hauser
No votes
Brissett
No votes
Kornet
No votes
Svi
No votes
Other/Coach/Team
1%

Total votes: 82

Deivork
Starter
And1: 1,804

Re: Celts Give Pistons A Good Fistin'! Victory Cigar vs DET 3/22 

Post#41 » by Deivork » Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:48 am

Smart2Nesmith43 wrote:The Celtics were down a bunch of guys, didn't shoot particularly well, missed a lot of free throws and still dropped 129. Mazzulla ball is incredible.

Yeah, despite them having a good game overall, let's not forget it was against a Pistons team with lot of injuries. I guess a part of the story of why so many threes were missed could be atributed to the absence of Tatum, who's gravity tends to be our main engine and get people open. At times, I felt a lack of rythm or quickness in decisions last night (Horford and Jrue also great at that).
Birdon
Sophomore
And1: 144

Post#42 » by Birdon » Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:49 am

We’ll need PP Stockton Lite for the Playoffs.
White never seems to stop improving, it’s just unbelievable.
Game is finally slowing down for JB. Scoring with ease in the flow of the game. His synergy with KP reminds us once again of Brad’s unorthodox genius.
TheSheriff
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,229

Post#43 » by TheSheriff » Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:04 am

On February 1st the Celtics lost the Lakers, who were without AD and Lebron. The Celtics record fell to 37 and 12.

Today the Celtics record is 56 and 14.
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,193

Post#44 » by ConstableGeneva » Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:43 pm

â–‘Nâ–‘0â–‘0â–‘Dâ–‘Sâ–‘ â–‘Iâ–‘Nâ–‘ â–‘Bâ–‘Iâ–‘Oâ–‘
KillahGhostface
Starter
And1: 4,282

Post#45 » by KillahGhostface » Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:49 pm

bisme a saucy lad.
Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 62,928

Post#46 » by Celts17Pride » Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:51 pm

Gant wrote:
NuckyPowell wrote:It was nice to see Queta again. Haven't seen much of him lately, but I'd still like to give him that last spot, with an extra year or two at team option.

Queta's got some real ability. As Mazzulla said a few days ago, "His time is gonna come."

but will it be with the Celtics?
Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 62,928

Post#47 » by Celts17Pride » Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:53 pm

Infinite Llamas wrote:Great win!!

Such a drag going from Mike to Drew Carter though. Hearing him and Scal goof around the whole game isa drag for me. Wish they would have gave it to Grande instead.

But yeah, mini rant aside, it was a great win.

Eddie House was a little Po’ed at Drew Carter in the post game. Good thing Eddie wasn’t in Detroit
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 56,594

Post#48 » by bisme37 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:53 pm

KillahGhostface wrote:Image

bisme a saucy lad.

Yeah lol sorry everyone. I think I'm officially in the "F it" stage of trying to think of new titles for the same damn teams over and over.
Gant
General Manager
And1: 11,325

Post#49 » by Gant » Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:08 pm

Celts17Pride wrote:
Gant wrote:
NuckyPowell wrote:It was nice to see Queta again. Haven't seen much of him lately, but I'd still like to give him that last spot, with an extra year or two at team option.

Queta's got some real ability. As Mazzulla said a few days ago, "His time is gonna come."

Mazzulla's full statement about Neemias Queta seems straight forward. They need this guy.

Horford is 38 in a couple of months. How long will he go? When Al retires (or if he gets hurt) they'll need another big man.
Even healthy, Porzingis misses a ton of games for safety purposes. Kornet and Tillman are inadequate to go it alone for any length of time. There's no other avenue for acquiring a worthy big dude for those hobbled by the second apron.

Not to mention, there's a good chance Queta will surpass Kornet and Tillman. He has more upside than either. They can't let this guy walk.

Video of Mazzulla discussing Queta-

Read on Twitter

Queta practicing three pointers a few months ago.

Read on Twitter
Infinite Llamas
General Manager
And1: 21,407

Post#50 » by Infinite Llamas » Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:21 pm

Celts17Pride wrote:

Such a drag going from Mike to Drew Carter though. Hearing him and Scal goof around the whole game isa drag for me. Wish they would have gave it to Grande instead.

Eddie House was a little Po’ed at Drew Carter in the post game. Good thing Eddie wasn’t in Detroit

Myriad nicknames for Pritchard only further makes me roll my eyes. I’ve said it before but it’s like having a game narrated by a couple of frat boys…at least with Mike, Scal has to be a little more reigned in and respectable.

Orlando still has the best broadcast team to me, and while David Steele pretty much only does home games now, him and Jeff Turner are a wonderful team. Respectable to the opponent and not condescending and take everything with stride.

I really wish that they would give the color commentary to Pierce. Great lineage with the team and he’s fun to listen to. Grande and Pierce would make a great team. Pierce and Mike would have made a great team too.
Gerald Green Loves LLamas!
ConstableGeneva
RealGM

Post#51 » by ConstableGeneva » Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:54 pm

Celts17Pride wrote:

Read on Twitter
playa-hater
RealGM
And1: 18,549

Post#52 » by playa-hater » Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:10 pm

Gant wrote:
Celts17Pride wrote:
Gant wrote:Queta's got some real ability. As Mazzulla said a few days ago, "His time is gonna come."

Mazzulla's full statement about Neemias Queta seems straight forward. They need this guy.

Horford is 38 in a couple of months. How long will he go? When Al retires (or if he gets hurt) they'll need another big man.
Even healthy, Porzingis misses a ton of games for safety purposes. Kornet and Tillman are inadequate to go it alone for any length of time. There's no other avenue for acquiring a worthy big dude for those hobbled by the second apron.

Not to mention, there's a good chance Queta will surpass Kornet and Tillman. He has more upside than either. They can't let this guy walk.

Video of Mazzulla discussing Queta-

Read on Twitter

Queta practicing three pointers a few months ago.

Read on Twitter

Kornet has been playing his best ball ever this year. How many 3s has he shot??? Zero (I think) Kornet used to shot them ever year. Robert Williams never shot them. You can be a huge factor without shooting 3s. KP and Al, no problem. Queta needs to stay near the rim IMO.
SHOOTERS SHOOTER SHOOTERS
ConstableGeneva
RealGM

Post#53 » by ConstableGeneva » Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm

JB had 9 potential assists in the game. 0 converted. Must be a team record.

White, PP, and Kornet combined for 35 potential assists, 24 converted.
Shak_Celts
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,103

Post#54 » by Shak_Celts » Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:34 pm

bisme37 wrote:
KillahGhostface wrote:Image

bisme a saucy lad.

Yeah lol sorry everyone. I think I'm officially in the "F it" stage of trying to think of new titles for the same damn teams over and over.

When I saw it I was going to reply something slightly untoward but I remembered I'm a mod. :banghead: :lol: :lol:
NAME ON THE FRONT OF THE JERSEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(!)

Return to Boston Celtics