ImageImageImage

End of Regular Season Thread

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Romeiro Celtic
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,712

End of Regular Season Thread 

Post#1 » by Romeiro Celtic » Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:12 pm

Hello everyone! It's been quite a while since I made my last thread or actually been a regular poster, but regardless let's discuss a few things that are kinda divided into other threads, but I think it's time for us to mesh it up together.

First of all , I'd like to ask you a few questions:

1. What are your real expectations going into the end of the season and the beginning of the playoffs? And here I'm talking about the last 11 games of the RS and the First Round. What do you want to see from us to improve? What are your expectations of change of roles and who's being left out?

2. What do you think we improved the most this year? Now I'm talking about what do you think we started the year bad, but throughout the season we improved a lot or get a bit better.

3. What do you think was downgrade? What we started doing good, but ended up not doing it so well..

4. Who are your favorite match ups for us this year? And here is a big of a question, because for me, my favourites are going to be the ones that are going to have plenty of emotions and ups and downs.

I think we're having a hell of a year, but something feels kinda odd for me, I don't feel totally confident about the team, as much as I'm enjoying seeing it play. Some games I feel like there's something missing, but I can't tell what it is and I'm not here to point fingers at anyone. I'm long gone that phase and I think it's better for us to look inside rather than the outside or the others.

So...

Let's talk, fellas!
Al Horford wrote:Brad Stevens is a genius, man.
Homerclease
RealGM
And1: 31,397

Re: End of Regular Season Thread 

Post#2 » by Homerclease » Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:26 pm

Romeiro Celtic wrote:Hello everyone! It's been quite a while since I made my last thread or actually been a regular poster, but regardless let's discuss a few things that are kinda divided into other threads, but I think it's time for us to mesh it up together.

1. What are your real expectations going into the end of the season and the beginning of the playoffs? And here I'm talking about the last 11 games of the RS and the First Round. What do you want to see from us to improve? What are your expectations of change of roles and who's being left out?

2. What do you think we improved the most this year? Now I'm talking about what do you think we started the year bad, but throughout the season we improved a lot or get a bit better.

3. What do you think was downgrade? What we started doing good, but ended up not doing it so well..

4. Who are your favorite match ups for us this year? And here is a big of a question, because for me, my favourites are going to be the ones that are going to have plenty of emotions and ups and downs.

I think we're having a hell of a year, but something feels kinda odd for me, I don't feel totally confident about the team, as much as I'm enjoying seeing it play. Some games I feel like there's something missing, but I can't tell what it is and I'm not here to point fingers at anyone. I'm long gone that phase and I think it's better for us to look inside rather than the outside or the others.

So...

Let's talk, fellas!

1. Get everyone as healthy as possible and sweep the Heat in round one. End that talking point once and for all.

2. Rotations. They finally figured out how to not suck with Tatum on the bench. Biggest reason we are where we are currently.

3. This one is the toughest cause obviously the team is performing well. I’ll say free throw shooting. Across the board it’s dipped some in the second half it feels like.

4. None. This team should smash anyone in their path if they play to their potential. I’ll say I want the “hardest” matchups just to end any narratives out there. Give me the heat in round one, don’t care in round two and the bucks in the ECF. I’ll take the defending champs in the finals while we’re at it.

Team is winning lots of games but still has tons to prove. They can prove it all this June and I think they will
31to6
RealGM
And1: 27,999

Post#3 » by 31to6 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:54 pm

Homerclease wrote:
Romeiro Celtic wrote:Hello everyone! It's been quite a while since I made my last thread or actually been a regular poster, but regardless let's discuss a few things that are kinda divided into other threads, but I think it's time for us to mesh it up together.

So...

Let's talk, fellas!

1. Get everyone as healthy as possible and sweep the Heat in round one. End that talking point once and for all.

2. Rotations. They finally figured out how to not suck with Tatum on the bench. Biggest reason we are where we are currently.

3. This one is the toughest cause obviously the team is performing well. I’ll say free throw shooting. Across the board it’s dipped some in the second half it feels like.

4. None. This team should smash anyone in their path if they play to their potential. I’ll say I want the “hardest” matchups just to end any narratives out there. Give me the heat in round one, don’t care in round two and the bucks in the ECF. I’ll take the defending champs in the finals while we’re at it.

Team is winning lots of games but still has tons to prove. They can prove it all this June and I think they will

1. I expect them to get to 66 or 67 wins, going 9-2 or 10-1 the rest of the way. But **** it, I *want* them to get 68 and tie the franchise record.

2. I think the biggest improvement this year compared to last has been putting opponents away. Very few games have gone down to the wire or ended on the wrong side, hence the all-time great scoring differential. I'm not sure if the statistics show improvement here (this season compared to last), but it seems we've reduced TOs and been a great rebounding team. Also improved letting bench guys like Hauser and PP come in and eat, rather than just come in and kind of hang out on the court. So, maybe it was already a strength, but ball movement has continued to be good, and sharing the wealth during non-crunch time times.

3. Downgrade: Jaylen's FT%, and Tatum's late-game execution. Jaylen, hit your FTs, and Jayson, trust your teammates! And/or get to the rim.

4. Favorite playoff matchups? I say bring it on. Round 1 = MIA or PHI I love it either way. Round 2 = NY or CLE, tough and not much recent history but let's do it. ECF = MIL or a surprise -- let's get it on. Finals: the basketball world deserves last season's champs vs. those who would take their crowns. Cannot wait.

But first: win out. Get to 68. Aim for 70+ next year ;)
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
Romeiro Celtic
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,712

Post#4 » by Romeiro Celtic » Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:28 am

Homerclease wrote:
Spoiler:

So...

Let's talk, fellas!

I agree with you on first 3 answers. Last one, I don't think they necessarily should smash anyone, but they can do it. I expect them to have some close games, given the tendency to have bad late game execution from some of our players. But I think the atmosphere is different, so many things can change. Look at Miami last year, they became lions and that's where I think we should be aiming. Becoming lions, menaces to society, being able to killing everything and everyone out there in the court, hustle, intensity.
Al Horford wrote:Brad Stevens is a genius, man.

Return to Boston Celtics