ImageImageImage

How much do you trust this team to reach glory in 2024?

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

How much do you trust the Celtics to win the title in 2024?

1. I trust them a lot. We're winning the chip this year.
24%
2. I have big trust in them, but Denver could well beat us.
24%
3. I trust the team, but match-ups and coach disadvantage could mean the Cs come up short.
19%
4. I recognize the talent, but trust would be a stretch: Mazzula and JT are still unproven in the biggest stage.
19%
5. I don't really trust this team at all. The healthiest team will win the chip.
15%

Total votes: 68

shackles10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 5,436

Re: How much do you trust this team to reach glory in 2024? 

Post#41 » by shackles10 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:34 pm

Fierce1 wrote:Some of you guys need to stop with the hedging.

It's either you're all in or just say you're out.

There's no in-between here.

Remember, a lot of folks are saying this is championship or bust, right?

For many "championship or bust" has just been a phrase to mean we should win, like really should win, and if we don't it'll be a huge let down. Define "bust" though? Championship or we blow it up? Championship or we quit supporting the team? Championship or x,y,z are out of here? What are you defining "bust" as at least?
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,874

Post#42 » by Curmudgeon » Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:11 pm

If they lose its time to break up the J's.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
Fierce1
RealGM
And1: 11,007

Post#43 » by Fierce1 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:55 pm

shackles10 wrote:

For many "championship or bust" has just been a phrase to mean we should win, like really should win, and if we don't it'll be a huge let down. Define "bust" though? Championship or we blow it up? Championship or we quit supporting the team? Championship or x,y,z are out of here? What are you defining "bust" as at least?

IMO championship or bust doesn't apply to this team.

The window is open until the next decade.

So I'm here for the long haul.

This is just a matter of time IMO.

Multiple championships are headed our way.

We just have to be patient.
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,874

Post#44 » by Curmudgeon » Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:11 am

No more patience. The Celtics are loaded with talent and over the second apron. I've seen the ending of last night's game way too many times since 2018 to believe that the J's can lead us to the promised land. Somehow a switch goes off in their heads and they revert to grade school basketball-- or even worse, AAU-style hero ball.

Maybe our backcourt pulls us through, but if it doesn't, I'm through being patient with those two.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West

"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells

"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
exculpatory
RealGM
And1: 11,030

Post#45 » by exculpatory » Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:46 am

NO MORE PATIENCE!

MINIMAL TRUST!

Did the Fakers just clinch HCA in the ECF for us - or did we have it already?

I remain profoundly nauseated by our despicable performance yesterday - blowing a 30 point lead to a **** team & closing like garbage when it was tight. This has happened way way way too many times this season - in spite of a 57-15 record.

And Mazulla is ****. He is dumber than a rock.

I WANT TO WIN OUT THE LAST 10 GAMES - INCLUDING A COUPLE OF CLOSE GAMES & DEFINITELY INCLUDING THE THUNDER, KINGS, BUCKS & KNICKS. That will make me feel better.
SamIam 2010: Truth's ability to play so incredibly efficiently is so UNDERAPPRECIATED. Bballcool 2012: Amazing how great Pierce has been for so long. Continues to defy age! KG 2013: P is original Celtic. Wherever he goes, we go. This is The Truth's house.
Triple7
RealGM
And1: 8,443

Post#46 » by Triple7 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:14 am

Fierce1 wrote:
shackles10 wrote:

Lol NO!
This team is built to win it all. If we are healthy, and we don’t win it all this year, then next year would be harder. Tatum as a loser will be confirmed. Imagine getting to all those conf finals, and not winning 1? A lot of eyes will be on JT. If we win it all this year, all the pressure will be off, and next year, this team, and JT will even be better. Probably a start of a dynasty. Its all or nothing this year. Even my buddies big lakers fans, thinks its the celtics to lose this year.
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#47 » by Fierce1 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:58 am

Triple7 wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:
shackles10 wrote:

Lol NO!
This team is built to win it all. If we are healthy, and we don’t win it all this year, then next year would be harder. Tatum as a loser will be confirmed. Imagine getting to all those conf finals, and not winning 1? A lot of eyes will be on JT. If we win it all this year, all the pressure will be off, and next year, this team, and JT will even be better. Probably a start of a dynasty. Its all or nothing this year. Even my buddies big lakers fans, thinks its the celtics to lose this year.

That would apply to the 2008 Celtics where the 3 star players were in their 30s.

Seriously, JT is only 26, JB 27, and KP 28 years old.

Are you really going to tell me the Jays will not continue to improve next season?

JT will have a legit NBA body next season.

JB will be better in taking care of the ball.

There's still lots of room for improvement with this Celts team.
Triple7
RealGM

Post#48 » by Triple7 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:26 pm

Triple7 wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:
shackles10 wrote:

Lol NO!

Dude we really need to win it this year. JT will bolt to the lakers if we lose. He might think he can’t win it here at all and might need a change of scenary. Plus, who knows what will happen next year. An injury to one key player and we’re toast. Maybe another team from the east gets significantly better. If we’re healthy, no reason for us to lose, unless we choke.
Triple7
RealGM

Post#49 » by Triple7 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:27 pm

Fierce1 wrote:
Triple7 wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:IMO championship or bust doesn't apply to this team.

Lol NO!

That would apply to the 2008 Celtics where the 3 star players were in their 30s.

Are you really going to tell me the Jays will not continue to improve next season?

Dude we really need to win it this year. JT will bolt to the lakers if we lose. He might think he can’t win it here at all and might need a change of scenary. Plus, who knows what will happen next year. An injury to one key player and we’re toast. Maybe another team from the east gets significantly better. If we’re healthy, no reason for us to lose, unless we choke.
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#50 » by Fierce1 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:09 pm

Triple7 wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:
Triple7 wrote:
Lol NO!

I believe we can win it this year, but we don't have to win it this year.

I'm Celtic fan first and a JT fan second.

The Boston Celtics live on even if JT is gone.

If JT leaves then f*** JT and let's burn as many JT jerseys as we can.

The championship hopes of the Celtics will not die if JT leaves.

If we won't see a Celtics championship this decade then let's wait for the next decade or in the 2040s.

The Boston Celtics will still exist even when we're long gone.
shackles10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#51 » by shackles10 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:14 pm

Fierce1 wrote:
Triple7 wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:That would apply to the 2008 Celtics where the 3 star players were in their 30s.

I believe we can win it this year, but we don't have to win it this year.

I'm Celtic fan first and a JT fan second.

The Boston Celtics live on even if JT is gone.

If JT leaves then f*** JT and let's burn as many JT jerseys as we can.

The championship hopes of the Celtics will not die if JT leaves.

If we won't see a Celtics championship this decade then let's wait for the next decade or in the 2040s.

The Boston Celtics will still exist even when we're long gone.

Fierce1
RealGM

Post#52 » by Fierce1 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:23 pm

JT is going to break Hondo's record for most points in Celtics history.

Why would he leave to be with AD and brother Rui?

JT would be foolish to leave the Celtics.
watsonthedragon
Sixth Man
And1: 2,289

Post#53 » by watsonthedragon » Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:36 pm

Fierce1 wrote:
shackles10 wrote:

Decade long windows don't exist anymore with the new CBA. The whole team is entering or in their primes. We have probably the most talented team since the KD Warriors. We're all in on this year and next, and then we'll see what Brad can pull moving forward from there. In the absence of injury, a tight finals loss to the Nuggets is probably the only outcome I wouldn't consider a huge failure.
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#54 » by Fierce1 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:44 pm

watsonthedragon wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:
shackles10 wrote:

Decade long windows don't exist anymore with the new CBA. The whole team is entering or in their primes. We have probably the most talented team since the KD Warriors. We're all in on this year and next, and then we'll see what Brad can pull moving forward from there. In the absence of injury, a tight finals loss to the Nuggets is probably the only outcome I wouldn't consider a huge failure.

As long as JT is a Celtic, the window will remain open.

Wyc said they're paying tax for the next 6 years.
So that's up to the 2029-30 season.
shackles10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#55 » by shackles10 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:47 pm

Fierce1 wrote:
watsonthedragon wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:IMO championship or bust doesn't apply to this team.

Too many variables to even hold Wyc at his word for this. What if player x leaves or gets injured? What if we fall short this year and next year and it's against a team we "should" beat"? Basically the things that led us to going all in this past summer and trading for KP and Jrue could still happen again and there's isn't a thing as going more all in so changes the other direction could come.
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#56 » by Fierce1 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:55 pm

shackles10 wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:
watsonthedragon wrote:

Too many variables to even hold Wyc at his word for this. What if player x leaves or gets injured? What if we fall short this year and next year and it's against a team we "should" beat"? Basically the things that led us to going all in this past summer and trading for KP and Jrue could still happen again and there's isn't a thing as going more all in so changes the other direction could come.

One step at a time.

We're going to go crazy if we think of all the possibilities.

Right now Wyc said the ownership will pay tax until 2030, so let's roll with that.
shackles10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#57 » by shackles10 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:58 pm

Fierce1 wrote:
shackles10 wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:As long as JT is a Celtic, the window will remain open.

One step at a time.

We're going to go crazy if we think of all the possibilities.

Right now Wyc said the ownership will pay tax until 2030, so let's roll with that.

Right, so we can't go past what he said lol. Doing is a different thing and those aren't even that crazy of variables either. They're literally what led us to where we are now, i.e. Kyrie left/Hayward got hurt, we've fallen short several years against teams we should have beaten, and there truly isn't any more all in with the current salary cap than what we are doing right now. If this doesn't work in the next year or two he won't keep going all in with the same core and if it were our own money none of us would either. Paying until 2030 imo is really only the plan if we win a title or two and they pay to keep it going. He's just speaking with confidence when he says it... it's not a spending plan without qualifications of ROI.
KillahGhostface
Starter
And1: 4,288

Post#58 » by KillahGhostface » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:59 pm

Long windows aren’t real lol, as far as team building.

Even nba execs will tell you everything works in 2-3 year increments.
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#59 » by Fierce1 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:04 pm

Like I said, as long as JT is a Celtic, the window will remain open.
shackles10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#60 » by shackles10 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:10 pm

Fierce1 wrote:Like I said, as long as JT is a Celtic, the window will remain open.

Depends on your definition of contending I guess. Is the Mavs window open because they have Luka?

Return to Boston Celtics