ImageImageImage

Celts Peck Their Fans' Eyes Out! AOS vs ATL 3/25

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

What was most Ass-of-Shameful?

Terrible shot selection
8%
Took foot off gas mid-game
21%
Unorganized offense
12%
Defense not good enough
6%
A particular Celtic was the ASS OF SHAME
5%
I don't know man it just sucked
11%
Other
3%
Coach
27%
Team
8%

Total votes: 66

VeryMuchWoke
Head Coach
And1: 7,510

Re: Celts Peck Their Fans' Eyes Out! AOS vs ATL 3/25 

Post#201 » by VeryMuchWoke » Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:55 pm

We need a coach that will damn near kill Tatum next time he gets an 8 second violation without any kind of defensive pressure.
"Danny Ainge needs to shut the **** up and manage his own team. He was the biggest whiner when he was playing, and I know that because I coached against him."
Pat Riley
GoCeltics123
RealGM
And1: 32,690

Post#202 » by GoCeltics123 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:56 pm

The idea that this team should stop shooting threes when they aren't going in, when like 90% of them are wide open, is **** nonsense. This is one of the best shooting teams ever, like if you're going to tell Sam Hauser to stop shooting wide-open looks then you're delusional.

The late-game offensive issues are 99% them going too slowly. If you start your action with 10 seconds left on the shot clock every time, and you don't have someone like Jokic, most of the time you won't score
Fierce1
RealGM
And1: 11,005

Post#203 » by Fierce1 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:56 pm

31to6 wrote:
CelticsPride18 wrote:Tatum getting locked up by Wesley Matthews was pathetic

the adjective I'd use is 'entirely predictable'.
Heck, Colin Sexton got rough with JT a week or so ago and threw him off.
Anyone can do it. He doesn't like contact.

That's why it's so obvious and some don't get it.

JT has yet to reach his full potential and that includes a fully developed NBA body.

When JT gets stronger next season or after next season, defenders getting rough with him won't be a problem anymore.
KillahGhostface
Starter
And1: 4,282

Post#204 » by KillahGhostface » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:03 pm

Tatum had 37/8/5/2/1 on a 60% TS, and was the only starter with a positive on/off. Hawks were physical with him all game, even in the first half. You don’t finish or get to the line like he does if you avoid contact, those are ridiculous takes, especially considering what he’s done in the playoffs. He drove to the rim 17 times last night lol, refs just swallowed their whistles in the second half.

His issue in the second half was the same as everyone, he couldn’t hit threes, as he was 6-11 from two. He was 0-3 from deep, Hauser was 0-4, Jaylen was 0-2, KP was 0-3, and Pritchard was 0-1. I really don’t need to explain how that’s an extremely flukey shooting half lol.
GoCeltics123
RealGM

Post#205 » by GoCeltics123 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:08 pm

Read on Twitter

I don't always agree with Dangercart and he's missing the late game offense part of this, but this thread is spot on to me outside of that.

We are a shooting variance team, like the 17-18 Rockets. On the other hand, there's no one in the East that's the Warriors. Tatum is very good, but he's not Jokic or Giannis, so we play this style.

The real question for this team in the playoffs is, when the system fails (which will happen at least once), can they survive it? This year they've proven that sometimes they can, sometimes they can't
KillahGhostface
Starter

Post#206 » by KillahGhostface » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:13 pm

GoCeltics123 wrote:
Read on Twitter

I don't always agree with Dangercart and he's missing the late game offense part of this, but this thread is spot on to me outside of that.

We are a shooting variance team, like the 17-18 Rockets. On the other hand, there's no one in the East that's the Warriors. Tatum is very good, but he's not Jokic or Giannis, so we play this style.

The real question for this team in the playoffs is, when the system fails (which will happen at least once), can they survive it? This year they've proven that sometimes they can, sometimes they can't

Celtics much more versatile offensively and talented than that Rockets team. They are one of the teams least affected by shooting variance, at least this year.
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 56,594

Post#207 » by bisme37 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:24 pm

I'm over the game but I'm still annoyed by Nique and the other Hawks announcer guy jfc they were making me want to murder.

What do Porzingis, Pritchard, Hauser and Kornet have in common? Well according to Wilkins none of them can play defense at all. Definitely no other similarities though.

On another note a Hawks fan bumped a thread on the GB last night from December titled "The Celtics still have glaring late game issues."

It actually cheered me up. If a team exhibits glaring late game issues every 3.5 months do they really have glaring late game issues or they just happened to play 2 bad games 3.5 months apart? I feel like the narrative is quite overblown and largely comes from remembering issues from past seasons with a different roster.
GoCeltics123
RealGM

Post#208 » by GoCeltics123 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:29 pm

KillahGhostface wrote:
GoCeltics123 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Celtics much more versatile offensively and talented than that Rockets team. They are one of the teams least affected by shooting variance, at least this year.

They're not as affected by it as last year, especially having KP on the team now. And their defense this year is better, especially in crunch time, the effect of Derrick playing and swapping out Brogdon for Jrue.

But I do think that the variance can become a factor for them in certain games, especially in clutch situations, because they take so long on these sets. For example, the Bucks game recently would've been an easier win if Derrick and KP didn't miss wide open threes. The Cavs game too, missed a ton of threes down the stretch.

The good news is that they're so good that it normally doesn't come down to this, but if you face a team like Denver in the Finals, you HAVE to make your threes to beat them 4 out of 7. Because Jokic creates a good shot every time
KillahGhostface
Starter

Post#209 » by KillahGhostface » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:33 pm

GoCeltics123 wrote:
KillahGhostface wrote:
GoCeltics123 wrote:
Read on Twitter

They're not as affected by it as last year, especially having KP on the team now. And their defense this year is better, especially in crunch time, the effect of Derrick playing and swapping out Brogdon for Jrue.

But I do think that the variance can become a factor for them in certain games, especially in clutch situations, because they take so long on these sets. For example, the Bucks game recently would've been an easier win if Derrick and KP didn't miss wide open threes. The Cavs game too, missed a ton of threes down the stretch.

The good news is that they're so good that it normally doesn't come down to this, but if you face a team like Denver in the Finals, you HAVE to make your threes to beat them 4 out of 7. Because Jokic creates a good shot every time

Jokic is terrifying lol, but the Celtics will be ready, IMO.
CelticsPride18
General Manager
And1: 10,960

Post#210 » by CelticsPride18 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:49 pm

KillahGhostface wrote:
GoCeltics123 wrote:
KillahGhostface wrote:

Late game Tatum is even more terrifying
KillahGhostface
Starter

Post#211 » by KillahGhostface » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:55 pm

CelticsPride18 wrote:
KillahGhostface wrote:
GoCeltics123 wrote:They're not as affected by it as last year, especially having KP on the team now. And their defense this year is better, especially in crunch time, the effect of Derrick playing and swapping out Brogdon for Jrue.

Late game Tatum is even more terrifying

The same late game Tatum who is 5-6 on go ahead shots in the last minute of playoff games? Or the same Tatum who had a 61% TS in crunch time in last years playoffs? Or do those numbers not count?

Okay sure.
KillahGhostface
Starter

Post#212 » by KillahGhostface » Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:14 pm

I can’t imagine why so many good posters have either stopped posting, or stopped coming here entirely.

Very definition of quantity over quality.
165bows
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,530

Post#213 » by 165bows » Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:18 pm

GoCeltics123 wrote:
Read on Twitter

He’s been dead wrong about the team every off-season for years. Speaking of dead wrong, he also unironically advocates murdering people on his twitter account which is I guess cool.
keevsnick1
Veteran
And1: 4,069

Post#214 » by keevsnick1 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:21 pm

I've said this before,e but the C's are so good the only real way they CAN lose is for something dramatic to happen.

When you go up by 20+ almost every game you are going to, occasionally, blow that lead. Especially when that happens in just the 2nd quarter. Becasue 3 point shooting exists, and when you get out shot by 20 percentage points from three you will lose. All time teams that shoot 20 percentage points better form three probably win like 95% of the time.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 89,912

Post#215 » by zoyathedestroya » Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:24 pm

Read on Twitter

Can we get the tracking stats on this? Seems important.
keevsnick1
Veteran
And1: 4,069

Post#216 » by keevsnick1 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:26 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:
Read on Twitter

I think they let getting outshout 29% to 50% on similar volume "bug them" more than anything. Again, when you lose the three point battle by -21 you will almost always lose.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#217 » by zoyathedestroya » Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:53 pm

keevsnick1 wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:
Read on Twitter

I think they let getting outshout 29% to 50% on similar volume "bug them" more than anything. Again, when you lose the three point battle by -21 you will almost always lose.

Too clean of an excuse and too reductive. That may be the reason why they lost the lead — hot 2nd half 3-pt shooting by Hawks while Cs went cold — but they still had a chance to win it in the end. I thought they made critical mistakes both ends (unnecessary fouling, too slow setting up offense, failing to box out, etc.)

Like everyone keeps saying, 20-pt leads are nothing in today’s NBA now. Which makes late-game execution (O & D) even more critical.
Shak_Celts
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,103

Post#218 » by Shak_Celts » Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 pm

KillahGhostface wrote:
Read on Twitter

TURRRIBLE!! The competition is running circles around us!!
NAME ON THE FRONT OF THE JERSEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(!)
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#219 » by zoyathedestroya » Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:03 pm

Back to… we will ultimately find out how they do in the playoffs. These losses will be forgotten if they get over the hump. Trauma healed. On the flip side, their regular season dominance would mean jack squat if they don’t reach the Finals barring injury. Trauma deepened.
CelticsPride18
General Manager
And1: 10,960

Post#220 » by CelticsPride18 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:09 pm

I don’t care about losing the lead. **** happens, but seeing Tatum get bitched physically by bums like Wesley Matthews is concerning, everything looks tough down the stretch for him.

Return to Boston Celtics