ImageImageImage

Celts Peck Their Fans' Eyes Out! AOS vs ATL 3/25

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

What was most Ass-of-Shameful?

Terrible shot selection
8%
Took foot off gas mid-game
21%
Unorganized offense
12%
Defense not good enough
6%
A particular Celtic was the ASS OF SHAME
5%
I don't know man it just sucked
11%
Other
3%
Coach
27%
Team
8%

Total votes: 66

PierceFan4ever
RealGM
And1: 38,441

Re: Celts Peck Their Fans' Eyes Out! AOS vs ATL 3/25 

Post#161 » by PierceFan4ever » Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:27 am

At what point in his career is Tatum going to realize that walking the ball up the court as slow as possible and then playing iso ball with 5 seconds to go in the shot clock before teams throw a double team is not good basketball???
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,193

Post#162 » by ConstableGeneva » Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:32 am

Brown unnecessary reach in penalty. Tatum unnecessary gamble in penalty. Tatum live turnover leading to transition 3. Brown wasting clock while Celtics are DOWN with under a minute. Not securing the defensive board leading to Hunter 3.

Mistakes that you can't make in the playoffs if we're serious about winning a title.

As much as people want to blame Joe, all of the above are on the players except maybe Brown wasting clock (could've set up a play there). Stars are in years 8 and 7 with so many reps in high-stakes situations.
░N░0░0░D░S░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░
Fierce1
RealGM
And1: 11,005

Post#163 » by Fierce1 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:04 am

PierceFan4ever wrote:At what point in his career is Tatum going to realize that walking the ball up the court as slow as possible and then playing iso ball with 5 seconds to go in the shot clock before teams throw a double team is not good basketball???

Maybe when he's already a 10-year vet. :lol:
chrisab123
RealGM
And1: 9,315

Post#164 » by chrisab123 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:13 am

This might have been the worst 2nd half Mazzulla coached this year.
Setshot33
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,558

Post#165 » by Setshot33 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:21 am

Just think fellas.....we only got to wait another five years for the Jays to learn how to win tight games....just a little more seasoning and two more coaching changes!
" But the best thing to do is just win"- Red Auerbach
Larry_Russell
General Manager
And1: 4,865

Post#166 » by Larry_Russell » Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:39 am

No what was needed last night?

A point guard.
ConstableGeneva
RealGM

Post#167 » by ConstableGeneva » Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:27 am

Larry_Russell wrote:No what was needed last night?

A point guard.

Tatum or Brown will still ask for the ball in clutch situations. We all know it.

White will bring down the ball, come off a screen to force a switch then throw the ball to Tatum for his iso. Rinse, repeat. It was that way with Smart. Still that way with White.

EDIT:
Unless your PG is SGA, Doncic, Curry, or even Lillard. Maybe then Tatum will cede to PG running offense.
31to6
RealGM
And1: 27,999

Post#168 » by 31to6 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:32 am

Impressed with how many people blame the coach. Unless we were playing our crappy zone for long — were they?

Joe didn’t call the “take 9 seconds to get to half court” play.

Or go 1-for-a lot on 3s in the second half.

Coaches can help but it’s a players league.
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
ConstableGeneva
RealGM

Post#169 » by ConstableGeneva » Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:45 am

10th Seed Flex.
Read on Twitter

Lakers were only 10 games behind the Mavs then. Hawks were 25.5 games behind the Cs coming into this game.
Larry_Russell
General Manager

Post#170 » by Larry_Russell » Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:50 am

ConstableGeneva wrote:

A point guard.

Tatum or Brown will still ask for the ball in clutch situations. We all know it.

White will bring down the ball, come off a screen to force a switch then throw the ball to Tatum for his iso. Rinse, repeat. It was that way with Smart. Still that way with White.

EDIT:
Unless your PG is SGA, Doncic, Curry, or even Lillard. Maybe then Tatum will cede to PG running offense.

The difference is in the 3rd and early 4th when the offense was stagnate and reliant on the 3ball.

With that the game would not have needed a "final play execution"
Deivork
Starter
And1: 1,804

Post#171 » by Deivork » Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:52 am

I don't know if it's been said, but, as much as I love the guy, Al missed two key rebounds today. Rare bad game by him and he has the right to have a bad game. Not that this was our only fault, of course...
Fierce1
RealGM
And1: 11,005

Post#172 » by Fierce1 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:54 am

Deivork wrote:I don't know if it's been said, but, as much as I love the guy, Al missed two key rebounds today. Not that this was our only fault, of course...

I noticed the one where it led to Hunter making the dagger 3.
Deivork
Starter

Re: Celtics Peck Our Eyes Out! AOS vs ATL 3/25 

Post#173 » by Deivork » Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:05 pm

SuperDeluxe wrote:
BRUNiNHO91 wrote:
SuperDeluxe wrote:Ass of Shame of a lifetime. Hopefully this loss will teach these guys a lesson. Even the Hawks' announcers were in disbelief about the Celtics' 1-on-1 offense at the end. Dumb as rocks.

I guess Derrick White can't have any more days off.

Derrick White has been there for many of these type of collapses before.

At this point there is no excuse anymore.

That was another joke. I can't believe this board tonight. Maybe the sky is falling and I'm too dumb to notice?

I suggest if you make a joke or are being ironic maybe make it more obvious, otherwise text can be easily missinterpreted.
ConstableGeneva
RealGM

Post#174 » by ConstableGeneva » Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:09 pm

Larry_Russell wrote:
ConstableGeneva wrote:

A point guard.

EDIT:

The difference is in the 3rd and early 4th when the offense was stagnate and reliant on the 3ball.

Yep. Joe probably also would've played less Svi and Springer.

Still doesn't address the issue of late-game execution which we will for sure encounter again in the postseason. I can guarantee we won't blow everyone out in the playoffs.
ConstableGeneva
RealGM

Post#175 » by ConstableGeneva » Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:11 pm

Deivork wrote:I don't know if it's been said, but, as much as I love the guy, Al missed two key rebounds today. Rare bad game by him and he has the right to have a bad game. Not that this was our only fault, of course...

Never been his strength. Especially now at his age. He likely won't be there on the floor in playoff clutch minutes. More concerning is how KP gets pushed around and doesn't rebound much for us. Wings gotta help there.
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,692

Re: Celtics Peck Our Eyes Out! AOS vs ATL 3/25 

Post#176 » by Fencer reregistered » Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:14 pm

SuperDeluxe wrote:
BRUNiNHO91 wrote:
SuperDeluxe wrote:Ass of Shame of a lifetime. Hopefully this loss will teach these guys a lesson. Even the Hawks' announcers were in disbelief about the Celtics' 1-on-1 offense at the end. Dumb as rocks.

I guess Derrick White can't have any more days off.

Derrick White has been there for many of these type of collapses before.

At this point there is no excuse anymore.

That was another joke. I can't believe this board tonight. Maybe the sky is falling and I'm too dumb to notice?

If the Celtics don't shape up, they are in serious danger of finishing the season with a W/L ratio below .800.
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
Deivork
Starter

Re: Celts Peck Our Eyes Out! AOS vs ATL 3/25 

Post#177 » by Deivork » Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:14 pm

Shak_Celts wrote:why does it always have to be us going in on each other after a loss? what is it about sports that makes us lose our minds? it's not like we were out there playing and caused the outcome. it's definitely not that serious! we all need to do better!

Couldn't agree more. It's okay to vent your frustrations, but there seems to be a fixation to judge other posters: whether on their opinions, on how and when they post, etc. No need for that. If someone critisizes your favourite team or player it's not an attack on you! Of course people will overreact, but we can't help that. This is a basketball forum and if the team played bad, it'll be called out.
ConstableGeneva
RealGM

Post#178 » by ConstableGeneva » Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:17 pm

Tied or down a possession with a minute left in the game:

EDIT: Nuggets or Bucks players apart from Jokic aren't doing any better in these situations. Never mind lol.
Larry_Russell
General Manager

Post#179 » by Larry_Russell » Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:18 pm

ConstableGeneva wrote:
Larry_Russell wrote:
ConstableGeneva wrote:Tatum or Brown will still ask for the ball in clutch situations. We all know it.

EDIT:

Yep. Joe probably also would've played less Svi and Springer.

Still doesn't address the issue of late-game execution which we will for sure encounter again in the postseason. I can guarantee we won't blow everyone out in the playoffs.

I think we will blow more out that one would expect, I also believe that Joe has them doing many other things in the playoffs in those situations. But regardless, the boys need to get those reps in to get better in those situations. Let them learn.
KillahGhostface
Starter
And1: 4,286

Post#180 » by KillahGhostface » Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:39 pm

Last night felt more to me like the defense than the offense, though both were bad in the second half lol. In crunch time, Tatum went 3-4, though he had 1 ugly turnover. Jaylen went 2-3, with one ugly forced three. Al went 0-1, KP went 0-2, and Springer went 0-1.

A big problem was that the Celtics only cashed in on 5 of Tatum’s 15 potential assists, multiple of which were down the stretch. Considering they were primarily wide open threes, that was costly. The most glaring was the Springer one with 4 minutes left, as that would usually be White or Holiday, who drill those shots. Would have given them a 5 point lead. Celtics then went and got a stop on the next possession, Tatum passed the ball ahead to KP on the break, who got his layup blocked by Capela.

Also, I’m never the “ref” guy, but it was annoying watching the Hawks draw touch fouls down the stretch, while Tatum was getting tackled off-ball on the other end lol.

Return to Boston Celtics