ImageImageImage

Celts Are Never Allowed To Go To Atlanta Again! Loss vs ATL 3/28

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Lee Van Cleef
Sophomore
And1: 187

Re: Celts Are Never Allowed To Go To Atlanta Again! Loss vs ATL 3/28 

Post#201 » by Lee Van Cleef » Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:30 pm

JT had a good look? lol
Perk was wrong. Flying backwards requires some cranial capacity too. Joe has none!
The_Ghost_of_JB
RealGM
And1: 17,696

Post#202 » by The_Ghost_of_JB » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:03 pm

Well hopefully the hawks don't make the playoffs. I kinda get what happened the other night. Not really a good excuse about last night though when this team is a full strength. Honestly was a bit concerning
*Insert witty signature here.*
CelticFaninLBC
General Manager
And1: 2,991

Post#203 » by CelticFaninLBC » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:41 pm

Captain_Caveman wrote:This team's not man enough.

Of course you show up. Lol.
Kaykoose
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,406

Post#204 » by Kaykoose » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:41 pm

These last two games don't change my feeling that the Celtics are at least going to the Finals, so I'll just comment on the end of regulation.

Without looking at stats, my feeling is Tatum is generally a good clutch time player... but when you drill into game winning shot situations, he really seems incapable of getting himself inside the 3 point line before shooting. It's mind boggling to be shooting a fading, unsquared 3pt shot in a tied game. If he wants to ISO in these situations, he should watch tape from literally any 2000s star wing on how it's done. All he had to do was deny Jrue's screen and he had an open right floor to work with.
CelticsPride18
General Manager
And1: 10,960

Post#205 » by CelticsPride18 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:46 pm

Just run the offense through DWhite/Jrue/KP in clutch time. Tatum ain’t improving so we need to pivot
fallguy
Head Coach
And1: 10,091

Post#206 » by fallguy » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:52 pm

Kaykoose wrote:These last two games don't change my feeling that the Celtics are at least going to the Finals, so I'll just comment on the end of regulation.

Without looking at stats, my feeling is Tatum is generally a good clutch time player... but when you drill into game winning shot situations, he really seems incapable of getting himself inside the 3 point line before shooting. It's mind boggling to be shooting a fading, unsquared 3pt shot in a tied game. If he wants to ISO in these situations, he should watch tape from literally any 2000s star wing on how it's done. All he had to do was deny Jrue's screen and he had an open right floor to work with.

It's bonkers that 90% of these sets start with Tatum above the three point line. There's so little imagination in where to get him the ball.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 89,911

Post#207 » by zoyathedestroya » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:09 pm

What good does that admission do for us now? You **** idiots.
Read on Twitter
BK_2020
RealGM
And1: 13,882

Post#208 » by BK_2020 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:24 pm

Why y'all keep saying the final shot of reg was Tatum ISO lol it was anything but. It was a variation on the Tatum in our paint ATO play. We've all seen about 3 different versions of it.
Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 62,928

Post#209 » by Celts17Pride » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:33 pm

BK_2020 wrote:Why y'all keep saying the final shot of reg was Tatum ISO lol it was anything but. It was a variation on the Tatum in our paint ATO play. We've all seen about 3 different versions of it.

It was Tatum with the ball dribbling and 4 Celtics standing around which works about 5% of the time. Again, I don't blame Tatum for this I blame Mazzulla.

Jaylen Brown's made shot was completely different. The Celtics through the ball into KP in the post, players were moving and Jaylen Brown actually got open because of a Tatum cut to the basket. Much better offense.
Captain_Caveman
RealGM
And1: 38,423

Post#210 » by Captain_Caveman » Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:03 pm

CelticFaninLBC wrote:

I see what I see. Like with Jaylen last year. Maybe you should listen this time, so you don't humiliate the living **** out of yourself going in on me again. Because you sure did. Are we perfectly clear on that? It wasn't even a lesson in basketball I wanted to give, but man, you sure wanted it and you sure got it. Real, real bad, in fact. Pretty amazing you still want to to talk trash to me after that, but hey, no one ever said you needed to have pride to post here. Completely embarrassing, but you do do.

Anyhow, I have generally been one of the more optimistic posters since I started posting here. Never bashed Doc or Ainge, and like Brad just fine. But Joe sucks, sorry. Not even his or anyone's fault but Ime's. We got screwed with that. But here we are. A coach in over his head, a soft af starting center, an iffy bench, and a starting SG that still can't dribble with his left hand.

Hope it works. Several valid reasons why it may not, even in another season of no elite teams.
fallguy
Head Coach
And1: 10,091

Post#211 » by fallguy » Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:48 pm

Captain_Caveman wrote:
CelticFaninLBC wrote:

I see what I see. Like with Jaylen last year. Maybe you should listen this time, so you don't humiliate the living **** out of yourself going in on me again. Because you sure did. Are we perfectly clear on that? It wasn't even a lesson in basketball I wanted to give, but man, you sure wanted it and you sure got it. Real, real bad, in fact. Pretty amazing you still want to to talk trash to me after that, but hey, no one ever said you needed to have pride to post here. Completely embarrassing, but you do do.

Anyhow, I have generally been one of the more optimistic posters since I started posting here. Never bashed Doc or Ainge, and like Brad just fine. But Joe sucks, sorry. Not even his or anyone's fault but Ime's. We got screwed with that. But here we are. A coach in over his head, a soft af starting center, an iffy bench, and a starting SG that still can't dribble with his left hand.

Hope it works. Several valid reasons why it may not, even in another season of no elite teams.

Where are you on PP and Sam these days?
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 56,594

Post#212 » by bisme37 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:05 pm

So a day later I think the 1st loss on Monday was more about the C's. We had a huge lead and were dominating so easily we decided the game was over and stopped playing hard and stopped playing the right way.

The loss last night I thought was really just a Hawks win. C's were definitely not perfect but both teams battled and the Hawks had the last possession and finished the night 1 point better.

I've noticed after losses this board is full of mega tough guys who want to talk about manliness and whatnot, but it strikes me that those fans are consistently the most whiney and act like we're entitled to win every game. Which is not the most manly behavior imo.

We lost a game. Take it on the chin and move on. I said what I said.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#213 » by zoyathedestroya » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:11 pm

Celtics Players TS% and FGA/gm in the Clutch:

• Tatum: 52.8%, 2.1 FGAs
• Brown: 57.9%, 1.4 FGAs
• Porzingis: 72.9%, 1.3 FGAs
• White: 78.5%, 1.0 FGAs
• Holiday: 64.7%, 0.8 FGAs
• Horford: 60.3%, 0.7 FGAs
Captain_Caveman
RealGM
And1: 38,423

Post#214 » by Captain_Caveman » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:16 pm

fallguy wrote:
Captain_Caveman wrote:
CelticFaninLBC wrote:

Where are you on PP and Sam these days?

Same place I've been. I feel like you need 7.5 in the playoffs, and fine with Pritchard being the 0.5. He's plucky and understands when we need to take it to the rim. A lot of matchups just too beaucoup for him.

Only other people I want to see on the floor in a real game are the starting 5 plus Horford. Was hopeful for guys like Tillman and Banton, but nah lol.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#215 » by zoyathedestroya » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:28 pm

Pritchard and even more so Hauser won't make an impact playing just 8-12 mpg in a playoff game esp if we resort to our one-pass offense. Sam won't even get 3 shots off in that time. He's not gonna get touches. Better off using a defender/energy guy in those minutes.

The shooting surge Sam experienced recently was because he's playing at least 20+ minutes with guys sitting out. That's not gonna happen in the postseason when everyone's healthy.
The Corey's
RealGM
And1: 6,676

Post#216 » by The Corey's » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:43 pm

Fierce1 wrote:
The Corey's wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:Doesn't matter.

Soft or not, we'll still be watching Celtic games for years to come.

It's just entertainment.

As long as I don't lose money watching the Celtics then it's fine.

The championship will come, we just have to wait for it.

Ahh. So the results don't matter. Just the entertainment.

Everything makes sense now.

Of course!

Reason why I watch the Celtics is for entertainment.

I mean unless you're one of the owners of the Celtics, there's nothing at stake for us fans.

There's more to life than your favorite NBA team winning or not winning a championship.

You do you but that's not really the spirit of the game. You play to win, you watch for competition.

Entertainment is not what it's about. If it's entertainment then basically it's just WWE at that point.
The Corey's
RealGM
And1: 6,676

Post#217 » by The Corey's » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:49 pm

bisme37 wrote:So a day later I think the 1st loss on Monday was more about the C's. We had a huge lead and were dominating so easily we decided the game was over and stopped playing hard and stopped playing the right way.

The loss last night I thought was really just a Hawks win. C's were definitely not perfect but both teams battled and the Hawks had the last possession and finished the night 1 point better.

I've noticed after losses this board is full of mega tough guys who want to talk about manliness and whatnot, but it strikes me that those fans are consistently the most whiney and act like we're entitled to win every game. Which is not the most manly behavior imo.

We lost a game. Take it on the chin and move on. I said what I said.

Another zero accountability take. Taking shots at people for who they handle loses instead of focusing on the reality of the situation.

The 30 point blown lead loss is in the Celtics? It took you 4 days to come to that conclusion?

You know what Ive noticed? I've noticed that some of you really can't handle dissenting takes when the Celtics lose and throw a fit that everything isn't kumbaya.

It's not news when the Celtics beat the hawks by 30. It definitely is news when they blow a 30 point lead.

I'm not sure if y'all have noticed by the playoffs are around the corner and the Celtics are heading in the wrong direction.
31to6
RealGM
And1: 27,999

Post#218 » by 31to6 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:57 pm

it was hard but Tatum found a way to lose to ATL on 3/28 :ouch: :football: :cry:

Tom Brady must be rolling over in his bed with supermodels
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#219 » by zoyathedestroya » Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:06 pm

Read on Twitter

LOL these L2M reports are useless.
Red2
RealGM
And1: 4,369

Post#220 » by Red2 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:10 pm

Its not the two losses… it’s how they lost. And its the frustration with how Tatum and Brown keep coming up short in clutch situations. Despite a great regular season I could easily see us losing in the first round. Mazzula’s record in close games has to be abysmal. I have zero faith in his ability to draw up a winning play or successfully coach us in a close game
"Now, there's a steal by Bird..!"

Return to Boston Celtics