ImageImageImage

Celts Are Never Allowed To Go To Atlanta Again! Loss vs ATL 3/28

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

JimmyFromNz
Pro Prospect
And1: 830

Re: Celts Are Never Allowed To Go To Atlanta Again! Loss vs ATL 3/28 

Post#121 » by JimmyFromNz » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:46 am

Take it easy guys :) My only thought...

Dejounte Murray is unlikable. Such a middling player, who might get a spot on 'forgotten basketball seasons' podcast in 10 years.

Until then his biggest achievement might be tonight.
Lee Van Cleef
Sophomore
And1: 187

Post#122 » by Lee Van Cleef » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:46 am

KP is a defensive liability, and his rim protection is exaggerated.
Riverwalk2021
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,483

Post#123 » by Riverwalk2021 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:47 am

Captain_Caveman wrote:Officially worried about Porzingis as well. He was a pleasant surprise early in the year, but he really does not appear to be wired for this. A shrinking violet.

I don't like when a guy rests for multiple games in a row for maintenance. Yes, you keep him healthy. On the other hand, he becomes soft and not used to contact and playing through pain. The playoffs are long and a lot more physical. Nobody is 100%. Dude is soft af.
playa-hater
RealGM
And1: 18,549

Post#124 » by playa-hater » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:48 am

Shamrock wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:
Shamrock wrote:We're not giving up on this team but **** it's frustrating to not see improvement in the areas where we have GLARING problems. This is our time to win a championship and we don't want to see this squandered by blatant incompetence.

If we don't win in these next couple years we might have to wait another 15+ years or more.

There's a reason why guys like Lebron, Steph, and MJ needed to be 27 years old to get a ring.

KD needed Steph and 10 seasons in the NBA to get his first ring.

It's just a matter of time.

Experience can't be expedited, it has to be earned.

That's true... But JT already has the experience of a 15 year vet playoff wise. He's been to the ECF 4 times and has played 94 playoff games. How much more experience does he need?

You beat me to it.. can add Brown has just as much or more..
SHOOTERS SHOOTER SHOOTERS
Fierce1
RealGM
And1: 11,005

Post#125 » by Fierce1 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:48 am

Shamrock wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:
Shamrock wrote:We're not giving up on this team but **** it's frustrating to not see improvement in the areas where we have GLARING problems. This is our time to win a championship and we don't want to see this squandered by blatant incompetence.

If we don't win in these next couple years we might have to wait another 15+ years or more.

There's a reason why guys like Lebron, Steph, and MJ needed to be 27 years old to get a ring.

KD needed Steph and 10 seasons in the NBA to get his first ring.

It's just a matter of time.

Experience can't be expedited, it has to be earned.

That's true... But JT already has the experience of a 15 year vet playoff wise. He's been to the ECF 4 times and has played 94 playoff games. How much more experience does he need?

Lebron went to the finals and lost both times before he finally won it in 2012.

After losing the finals in 2011, he went to Hakeem Olajuwon to learn how to post up.

That was something missing from his game.

When Lebron mastered the post up game, he started winning championships.

The first and utmost problem of JT is he needs to fully develop his NBA body.

Right now he misses when he gets bumped or gets hit.

He's still a kid at 26 years old.
Captain_Caveman
RealGM
And1: 38,423

Post#126 » by Captain_Caveman » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:48 am

Fierce1 wrote:
Shak_Celts wrote:a week ago everybody and their mothers said none of these games would matter. here we are and everyone is panicking and throwing jabs at each other. wild.

I think the difference is last week the "Meltdown Crew" was silent.

It's a different bunch of people who are panicking.

When we were beating up on tanking teams like the Pistons and Wizards, and barely closing against a Bucks team with no Giannis?
Riverwalk2021
Bench Warmer

Post#127 » by Riverwalk2021 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:48 am

JimmyFromNz wrote:Take it easy guys :) My only thought...

Dejounte Murray is unlikable. Such a middling player, who might get a spot on 'forgotten basketball seasons' podcast in 10 years.

Until then his biggest achievement might be tonight.

Murray isn't great but he is ballsy and puts his body on the line. That goes a long way.
Shak_Celts
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,103

Post#128 » by Shak_Celts » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:50 am

playa-hater wrote:
Shak_Celts wrote:a week ago everybody and their mothers said none of these games would matter. here we are and everyone is panicking and throwing jabs at each other. wild.

Is it panicking?? Or showing a legit concern? If Boston had a history of cleaning up this type of mess in the postseason, then I wouldn't be worried. But our late game executions have been our Achilles heal for years and may be worse under Joe than ever.

call it what you want, but when everyone is claiming they don't care what happens these last 10 or so games, then I see pages upon pages of complaining with people caring that we lose the math isn't mathing! If it doesn't matter it shouldn't matter how we lost. where is all the energy (pages) for the games we won? I guess these last few only matter when we lose.
NAME ON THE FRONT OF THE JERSEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(!)
Triple7
RealGM
And1: 8,443

Post#129 » by Triple7 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:50 am

Lol. I remember one or two posters saying they pity the hawks next game haha. The fact is, a lot of our rivals are closely watching this game finding ways to beat us come playoff time. I think they have found a recipe. Make the game close and we panic. Tatum doesn’t have a go to move. That will be a problem during crucial times. Wish Jt has JB’s mid range game. Ability to dribble and just stop for a jump shot. Sick of those JT turn around fade aways, or one legged shot.
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,948

Post#130 » by Parliament10 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:51 am

Fierce1 wrote:
Parliament10 wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:Majority of the folks here kept saying what matters most is what happens in the playoffs.

Right now it's premature to conclude that because this happened in the regular season, it will also happen in the playoffs.

Last season some of the doubters were silent when Joe kept calling a timeout in the playoffs.

I don't think the Cs are showing all their cards yet.

Thank You, for being Nicely Calm.

We all gotta try to get back there.
Probably After we Win the Ring.

Reason why I'm calm is this is house money.

This season is house money.

The late game issues are a concern.

JT having trouble in the clutch is a concern.

If that's the case then why are some of the posters here saying we need to win now!

The Cs are good enough to win it this year because they're so talented, but next year is the highest chance of winning it all for the Cs.

And that's for a number of reasons.

I'm with ya.

Tagging behind, a little bit. Lol
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
Captain_Caveman
RealGM
And1: 38,423

Post#131 » by Captain_Caveman » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:53 am

Riverwalk2021 wrote:
Captain_Caveman wrote:Officially worried about Porzingis as well. He was a pleasant surprise early in the year, but he really does not appear to be wired for this. A shrinking violet.

I don't like when a guy rests for multiple games in a row for maintenance. Yes, you keep him healthy. On the other hand, he becomes soft and not used to contact and playing through pain. The playoffs are long and a lot more physical. Nobody is 100%. Dude is soft af.

This is his 10th season in the league and he has never at any point shown anything resembling competitive fire. He told JJ on his pod that he basically stopped trying in the playoffs for the Mavs because he disagreed with how Carlisle was using him. If that's not a red flag for a guy's competitiveness, I'm not sure what would be.

Maybe it will be there in the playoffs, but there's more reason to think it won't be than it will.
Bird84
Rookie
And1: 1,016

Post#132 » by Bird84 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:54 am

Shak_Celts wrote:
playa-hater wrote:

Is it panicking?? Or showing a legit concern? If Boston had a history of cleaning up this type of mess in the postseason, then I wouldn't be worried. But our late game executions have been our Achilles heal for years and may be worse under Joe than ever.

call it what you want, but when everyone is claiming they don't care what happens these last 10 or so games, then I see pages upon pages of complaining with people caring that we lose the math isn't mathing! If it doesn't matter it shouldn't matter how we lost. where is all the energy (pages) for the games we won? I guess these last few only matter when we lose.

One can understand the players taking their foot off the gas. I'm more concerned with Mazzulla. ISO city isn't going to get it done.
Shamrock
Head Coach
And1: 5,081

Post#133 » by Shamrock » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:55 am

Triple7 wrote:Lol. I remember one or two posters saying they pity the hawks next game haha. The fact is, a lot of our rivals are closely watching this game finding ways to beat us come playoff time. I think they have found a recipe. Make the game close and we panic. Tatum doesn’t have a go to move. That will be a problem during crucial times. Wish Jt has JB’s mid range game. Ability to dribble and just stop for a jump shot. Sick of those JT turn around fade aways, or one legged shot.

Four things they need to focus on:

1.) Play us very physical and get up in JT's airspace/JB's ball security
2.) Have a scrapper who can body KP and grab boards
3.) Put KP in the pick n roll nearly every time down the court with a fast guard
4.) Only watch for JT ISO at the end of games and watch him shatter the backboard on a terrible fadeaway

I miss anything?
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 89,912

Post#134 » by zoyathedestroya » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:55 am

Bigger picture data:

Celtics now 14-11 when less than 44% of their shots come from beyond the arc. 43-5 otherwise.

Dunno if Atlanta chased us off the 3-pt line, but Cs taking only 36 threes today hurt us since we couldn't win the margins points. Hawks even won by 3 pts from 3. Usually our strength.
Riverwalk2021
Bench Warmer

Post#135 » by Riverwalk2021 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:56 am

Captain_Caveman wrote:
Riverwalk2021 wrote:

This is his 10th season in the league and he has never at any point shown anything resembling competitive fire. He told JJ on his pod that he basically stopped trying in the playoffs for the Mavs because he disagreed with how Carlisle was using him. If that's not a red flag for a guy's competitiveness, I'm not sure what would be.

Maybe it will be there in the playoffs, but there's more reason to think it won't be than it will.

Jeff Hornacek was sadly right lol. I don't think it gets better in the POs against way better teams and defenses.
Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 62,928

Post#136 » by Celts17Pride » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:01 am

Honestly my only concern (and it has been for awhile) is Porzingis is SOFT. KP is like a kitten. In the playoffs everything tends to get a lot more physical and I'm not sure KP is ready for that. Sign Queta (or another vet big) because Joe Mazzulla is going to need options.
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#137 » by Fierce1 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:02 am

It's a good thing Snyder exposed KP in this game.

Sure it's a loss, but it also opened the eyes of everybody.

Now Joe needs to be prepared to handle a situation like this when this happens in the playoffs.

Better now than if the Cs faced the Hawks as the #8 seed and something like this happened in the 1st round.
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#138 » by Fierce1 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:04 am

Celts17Pride wrote:Honestly my only concern (and it has been for awhile) is Porzingis is SOFT. KP is like a kitten. In the playoffs everything tends to get a lot more physical and I'm not sure KP is ready for that. Sign Queta (or another vet big) because Joe Mazzulla is going to need options.

Cs have Al Horford for this season.

So if KP gets soft, just put Al in.

It's when Al retires that the Cs would really need options.
tfribs45
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,015

Post#139 » by tfribs45 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:04 am

Shak_Celts wrote:
playa-hater wrote:

Tonight’s game was different though… you hear how pissed off E House was after the game?! JB said in his postgame interview that it was a playoff atmosphere, playoff physicality etc…. This was a great test for Joey and JT to win it in the clutch. Disappointing that it didn’t happen and it opens up old wounds . Teams get physical with us, lights get bright, and the C’s legs starts shaking…..Also not a
Fan of the live and die by the three mentality, wth does every player have the green light?

C’s we’re served some
Humble pie in the ATL this week. Time to turn the page!
Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 62,928

Post#140 » by Celts17Pride » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:07 am

Riverwalk2021 wrote:Brown showed he should be the one taking the final shot if you're gonna just iso in these situations. He's tougher, way more physical and can get to his spot a lot better than Tatum. I have done a 180 on Brown this season.

I have no problem with Tatum taking the shot. The biggest difference on Brown's make was Celtics players and the ball were actually moving. Brown got open because Tatum cut towards the basket.

What I don't like is any one player dribbling out the clock with 4 Celtics players standing around.

Return to Boston Celtics