ImageImageImage

Celts Are Never Allowed To Go To Atlanta Again! Loss vs ATL 3/28

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Tyakack
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,315

Re: Celts Are Never Allowed To Go To Atlanta Again! Loss vs ATL 3/28 

Post#141 » by Tyakack » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:07 am

Between me questioning Porz, me being certain Joe sucks, and not having high confidence in late game situations with this team, I'm already mentally prepared to lose in the playoffs. We have all the ingredients of a team that is going to lose when it matters most. Heavily reliant on 3's, a superstar that can get rattled easier than most superstars, a dumbass coach, and low IQ when the game is on the line.

I'm officially hoping for the best but expecting the worst. We are still really talented, so we still have a great shot.. But I'm not falling for the, "this is definitely our year" that some are. I can sooooo easily see us losing. Even before the finals. In fact, if I was a betting man, I would bet against the Celtics to win it all.
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,974

Post#142 » by SuperDeluxe » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:08 am

Celts17Pride wrote:Honestly my only concern (and it has been for awhile) is Porzingis is SOFT. KP is like a kitten. In the playoffs everything tends to get a lot more physical and I'm not sure KP is ready for that. Sign Queta (or another vet big) because Joe Mazzulla is going to need options.

I get this and, frankly, it was to be expected. You don't need to be aware of KP's injury record (and career games lost to injuries) to know that he's made of balsa wood. Him not being physical is the price a team pays for having his massive talent on the roster. So it's a trade-off.

Horford would've helped today.
Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 62,962

Post#143 » by Celts17Pride » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:09 am

Fierce1 wrote:It's a good thing Snyder exposed KP in this game.

Sure it's a loss, but it also opened the eyes of everybody.

Now Joe needs to be prepared to handle a situation like this when this happens in the playoffs.

Better now than if the Cs faced the Hawks as the #8 seed and something like this happened in the 1st round.

KP will be exposed defensively in the playoffs. KP's minutes will be down. That's why Joe Mazzulla will need as many big man options as possible.
Fierce1
RealGM
And1: 11,065

Post#144 » by Fierce1 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:09 am

Tyakack wrote:Between me questioning Porz, me being certain Joe sucks, and not having high confidence in late game situations with this team, I'm already mentally prepared to lose in the playoffs. We have all the ingredients of a team that is going to lose when it matters most. Heavily reliant on 3's, a superstar that can get rattled easier than most superstars, a dumbass coach, and low IQ when the game is on the line.

I'm officially hoping for the best but expecting the worst. We are still really talented, so we still have a great shot.. But I'm not falling for the, "this is definitely our year" that some are. I can sooooo easily see us losing. Even before the finals. In fact, if I was a betting man, I would bet against the Celtics to win it all.

That's the right attitude.

Gives you less heartache if it happens.

But on the flipside, it also won't be as gratifying when the Cs win because you know deep down you doubted the team you love. :lol:
Triple7
RealGM
And1: 8,455

Post#145 » by Triple7 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:09 am

Fierce1 wrote:
Shamrock wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:There's a reason why guys like Lebron, Steph, and MJ needed to be 27 years old to get a ring.

KD needed Steph and 10 seasons in the NBA to get his first ring.

It's just a matter of time.

Experience can't be expedited, it has to be earned.

That's true... But JT already has the experience of a 15 year vet playoff wise. He's been to the ECF 4 times and has played 94 playoff games. How much more experience does he need?

Lebron went to the finals and lost both times before he finally won it in 2012.

After losing the finals in 2011, he went to Hakeem Olajuwon to learn how to post up.

That was something missing from his game.

When Lebron mastered the post up game, he started winning championships.

The first and utmost problem of JT is he needs to fully develop his NBA body.

Right now he misses when he gets bumped or gets hit.

He's still a kid at 26 years old.

Lol. Lebron got tired of being the number 1 seed, and getting bounced in the playoffs. JT had been to the conf finals almost every year. He might think he can’t win it all here. That’s why we need to win it all now. JT will stay, and probably have better confidence the following season, and the pressure will be off. Losing again this year, when you have the best record the entire league, will not sit well with JT. He will be extremely criticized if we lose again. He might bolt for LA when lebron retires. A change of scenary, just like what Lebron did.
Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 62,962

Post#146 » by Celts17Pride » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:10 am

SuperDeluxe wrote:
Celts17Pride wrote:Honestly my only concern (and it has been for awhile) is Porzingis is SOFT. KP is like a kitten. In the playoffs everything tends to get a lot more physical and I'm not sure KP is ready for that. Sign Queta (or another vet big) because Joe Mazzulla is going to need options.

I get this and, frankly, it was to be expected. You don't need to be aware of KP's injury record (and career games lost to injuries) to know that he's made of balsa wood. Him not being physical is the price a team pays for having his massive talent on the roster. So it's a trade-off.

Horford would've helped today.

Agree 100%, that's why I said Mazzulla is going to need options defensively.
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#147 » by Fierce1 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:10 am

Celts17Pride wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:It's a good thing Snyder exposed KP in this game.

Sure it's a loss, but it also opened the eyes of everybody.

Now Joe needs to be prepared to handle a situation like this when this happens in the playoffs.

Better now than if the Cs faced the Hawks as the #8 seed and something like this happened in the 1st round.

KP will be exposed defensively in the playoffs. KP's minutes will be down. That's why Joe Mazzulla will need as many big man options as possible.

Yeah, that's possible.

Good thing the Cs still have Al Horford.

Al will really be missed once he retires.
Green89
RealGM
And1: 26,673

Post#148 » by Green89 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:11 am

Fierce1 wrote:
Shamrock wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:Majority of the folks here kept saying what matters most is what happens in the playoffs.

Right now it's premature to conclude that because this happened in the regular season, it will also happen in the playoffs.

Last season some of the doubters were silent when Joe kept calling a timeout in the playoffs.

I don't think the Cs are showing all their cards yet.

We're not giving up on this team but **** it's frustrating to not see improvement in the areas where we have GLARING problems. This is our time to win a championship and we don't want to see this squandered by blatant incompetence.

If we don't win in these next couple years we might have to wait another 15+ years or more.

There's a reason why guys like Lebron, Steph, and MJ needed to be 27 years old to get a ring.

KD, Steph, Lebron, and MJ all played in less playoff games than Tatum has, before winning their first titles. Enough with this nonsense already.
Tyakack
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,315

Post#149 » by Tyakack » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:13 am

Fierce1 wrote:
Tyakack wrote:Between me questioning Porz, me being certain Joe sucks, and not having high confidence in late game situations with this team, I'm already mentally prepared to lose in the playoffs. We have all the ingredients of a team that is going to lose when it matters most. Heavily reliant on 3's, a superstar that can get rattled easier than most superstars, a dumbass coach, and low IQ when the game is on the line.

But on the flipside, it also won't be as gratifying when the Cs win because you know deep down you doubted the team you love. :lol:

Nah, it would still be just as satisfying honestly. Maybe even more satisfying. I enjoy being proven wrong in a positive way.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 90,051

Post#150 » by zoyathedestroya » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:13 am

Read on Twitter

Hey, silver lining!
Triple7
RealGM
And1: 8,455

Post#151 » by Triple7 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:14 am

Shamrock wrote:
Triple7 wrote:Lol. I remember one or two posters saying they pity the hawks next game haha. The fact is, a lot of our rivals are closely watching this game finding ways to beat us come playoff time. I think they have found a recipe. Make the game close and we panic. Tatum doesn’t have a go to move. That will be a problem during crucial times. Wish Jt has JB’s mid range game. Ability to dribble and just stop for a jump shot. Sick of those JT turn around fade aways, or one legged shot.

Four things they need to focus on:

1.) Play us very physical and get up in JT's airspace/JB's ball security
2.) Have a scrapper who can body KP and grab boards
3.) Put KP in the pick n roll nearly every time down the court with a fast guard
4.) Only watch for JT ISO at the end of games and watch him shatter the backboard on a terrible fadeaway

I miss anything?

That’s exactly it lol. That end of regulation play by JT was just laughable. Only worse, was the brain fart he did against the cavs wasting the clock dribbling, and taking a last second shot down 1. This time a side way 3pt shot that has zero chance of getting in. Meanwhile, Murray was being clutch and having a career game against our supposed great defense
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#152 » by Fierce1 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:30 am

Green89 wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:
Shamrock wrote:We're not giving up on this team but **** it's frustrating to not see improvement in the areas where we have GLARING problems. This is our time to win a championship and we don't want to see this squandered by blatant incompetence.

If we don't win in these next couple years we might have to wait another 15+ years or more.

There's a reason why guys like Lebron, Steph, and MJ needed to be 27 years old to get a ring.

KD, Steph, Lebron, and MJ all played in less playoff games than Tatum has, before winning their first titles. Enough with this nonsense already.

You're oversimplifying it.

All those guys won when they were 27 years old or older.

Right now JT is just 26 years old.

JT also started as a role player when he became a Celtic.

It was only in 2020-21 that JT became the #1 option for the Cs.

So even if JT has played in a lot of playoff games, a lot of those were he wasn't the one taking the last shot of a game or having the ball in his hands in the clutch.

Even KD couldn't win a championship without Steph.

There's very little difference in the Celtics winning it now and winning it in 2025 or 2026.

This is just a matter of time.
reload141
RealGM
And1: 22,438

Post#153 » by reload141 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:31 am

It’s hilarious that the Hawks are better without Trae Young.

As expected.
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#154 » by Fierce1 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:36 am

Tyakack wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:

Nah, it would still be just as satisfying honestly. Maybe even more satisfying. I enjoy being proven wrong in a positive way.

Great answer.

If all the posters here have your attitude then there will be very minimal negativity here.
Lee Van Cleef
Sophomore
And1: 187

Post#155 » by Lee Van Cleef » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:39 am

JT shouldn’t be our closer. He doesn’t have a proper mid-range game. I would go with either White who can beat his defender and either score with the floater or find the right teammate, or with Brown who has some midrange
iso game. But not JT.
reload141
RealGM
And1: 22,438

Post#156 » by reload141 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:59 am

Easy fix, just win by 20 every game and we will be fine.
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#157 » by Fierce1 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:09 am

reload141 wrote:

Easy fix, just win by 20 every game and we will be fine.

:lol:
Riverwalk2021
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,485

Post#158 » by Riverwalk2021 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:11 am

LOL at this flop. Unreal.

Read on Twitter
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#159 » by Fierce1 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:13 am

Riverwalk2021 wrote:LOL at this flop. Unreal.

Read on Twitter

Paper thin touch foul.
The Corey's
RealGM
And1: 6,687

Post#160 » by The Corey's » Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:15 am

Celts17Pride wrote:Joe Mazzulla always says “we have to win the margins”. The Celtics players the last two games said, “The hell with the margins”.

Just another example of what the **** is this dude talking about.

Return to Boston Celtics