ImageImageImage

Celts Are Never Allowed To Go To Atlanta Again! Loss vs ATL 3/28

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Fierce1
RealGM
And1: 11,064

Re: Celts Are Never Allowed To Go To Atlanta Again! Loss vs ATL 3/28 

Post#101 » by Fierce1 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:37 am

Shak_Celts wrote:a week ago everybody and their mothers said none of these games would matter. here we are and everyone is panicking and throwing jabs at each other. wild.

I think the difference is last week the "Meltdown Crew" was silent.

It's a different bunch of people who are panicking.
Lee Van Cleef
Sophomore
And1: 187

Post#102 » by Lee Van Cleef » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:38 am

Why would anyone construct such a team and give the keys to someone like Mazzulla? What kind of mindset is this?
Shamrock
Head Coach
And1: 5,081

Post#103 » by Shamrock » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:38 am

Fierce1 wrote:Majority of the folks here kept saying what matters most is what happens in the playoffs.

Right now it's premature to conclude that because this happened in the regular season, it will also happen in the playoffs.

Last season some of the doubters were silent when Joe kept calling a timeout in the playoffs.

I don't think the Cs are showing all their cards yet.

We're not giving up on this team but **** it's frustrating to not see improvement in the areas where we have GLARING problems. This is our time to win a championship and we don't want to see this squandered by blatant incompetence.

If we don't win in these next couple years we might have to wait another 15+ years or more.
Green89
RealGM
And1: 26,673

Post#104 » by Green89 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:38 am

Kornet had just 3 boards in these 2 losses. Over 22 minutes. Guy is going to be unplayable in the playoffs. I hope Tillman is ready.
playa-hater
RealGM
And1: 18,596

Post#105 » by playa-hater » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:38 am

Shak_Celts wrote:a week ago everybody and their mothers said none of these games would matter. here we are and everyone is panicking and throwing jabs at each other. wild.

Is it panicking?? Or showing a legit concern? If Boston had a history of cleaning up this type of mess in the postseason, then I wouldn't be worried. But our late game executions have been our Achilles heal for years and may be worse under Joe than ever.
SHOOTERS SHOOTER SHOOTERS
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,971

Post#106 » by SuperDeluxe » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:39 am

Welcome to the board, young lady.
tfribs45
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,027

Post#107 » by tfribs45 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:39 am

Ben-N1ce wrote:
Shamrock wrote:
Sweet Serenity wrote:
We were up with 6 seconds to go because of a Joe designed play lol

What game are you watching? We have FIVE all-star level players and we can barely get a clean shot off in crunch time against a scrub team. I've lost track of how many times this has happened this season and the JB shot... That was not a good look and we got insanely lucky that fell

100% Joe literally has 2 possession to win the game and ran absolutely nothing both times. JB last game 23 dribble zero pass possession in the biggest play of the game..no timeout :lol:

Van Gundy needs to be on the sidelines! I swear it’s amateur hour on that bench. Joey is in over his head.
Riverwalk2021
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,485

Post#108 » by Riverwalk2021 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:40 am

Mazzulla might be great at MMA, math, and x's and o's but he doesn't give the game what it needs when things get tough. He ain't the guy.
playa-hater
RealGM
And1: 18,596

Post#109 » by playa-hater » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:40 am

Green89 wrote:Kornet had just 3 boards in these 2 losses. Over 22 minutes. Guy is going to be unplayable in the playoffs. I hope Tillman is ready.

Kornet is a great rebounder.. when the ball comes right to him and no one else is around though!
SHOOTERS SHOOTER SHOOTERS
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#110 » by Fierce1 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:40 am

Riverwalk2021 wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:
CelticsPride18 wrote:
You can’t ignore how trash he has been in the clutch. He’s not improving, he’s getting worse

I will agree with you if this still happens in the playoffs.

More than 30 years of watching the NBA and I've seen so many players rise to the occasion in the playoffs and finals.

So let's wait and see.

It won't be long anyway as it's just a few weeks away.

Hard to reasonably argue he will improve in the POs against better teams and defenses in the exact same situation. Tatum is a great frontrunner when things are going well, and he's had his moments in tight games like game 6 in Philly. But overall he really struggles in these tight situations because he takes insanely hard shots even the best shot makers would struggle to make, and Tatum isn't an elite shot maker. It's a recipe for disaster. Brown is a lot better option if you're going to iso in those situations with zero ball movement.

Like I said, next season will or might be JT's best version of himself.

Right now he still needs to get stronger so that he can absorb the bumps.

One more year of experience and a summer in the weight room will even further JT's greatness.
Shamrock
Head Coach

Post#111 » by Shamrock » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:40 am

playa-hater wrote:

Is it panicking?? Or showing a legit concern? If Boston had a history of cleaning up this type of mess in the postseason, then I wouldn't be worried. But our late game executions have been our Achilles heal for years and may be worse under Joe than ever.

That's exactly it. The last two playoffs have been the same thing - teams come in and get physical with us. We miss threes and then can't execute at the end of games. Same song and dance
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,990

Post#112 » by Parliament10 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:40 am

Fierce1 wrote:Majority of the folks here kept saying what matters most is what happens in the playoffs.

Right now it's premature to conclude that because this happened in the regular season, it will also happen in the playoffs.

Last season some of the doubters were silent when Joe kept calling a timeout in the playoffs.

Thank You, for being Nicely Calm.

We all gotta try to get back there.
Probably After we Win the Ring.
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
Captain_Caveman
RealGM
And1: 38,434

Post#113 » by Captain_Caveman » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:41 am

Officially worried about Porzingis as well. He was a pleasant surprise early in the year, but he really does not appear to be wired for this. A shrinking violet.
Shamrock
Head Coach

Post#114 » by Shamrock » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:43 am

Captain_Caveman wrote:Officially worried about Porzingis as well. He was a pleasant surprise early in the year, but he really does not appear to be wired for this. A shrinking violet.

He can't be guarding Jokic in the playoffs. I'm a big KP fan but it's clear when he gets some size on him he really struggles or if he gets a really quick player in a pick n roll he can't keep up. Murray/Jokic will be rough
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#115 » by Fierce1 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:43 am

Shamrock wrote:

We're not giving up on this team but **** it's frustrating to not see improvement in the areas where we have GLARING problems. This is our time to win a championship and we don't want to see this squandered by blatant incompetence.

If we don't win in these next couple years we might have to wait another 15+ years or more.

There's a reason why guys like Lebron, Steph, and MJ needed to be 27 years old to get a ring.

KD needed Steph and 10 seasons in the NBA to get his first ring.

It's just a matter of time.

Experience can't be expedited, it has to be earned.
reload141
RealGM
And1: 22,438

Post#116 » by reload141 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:45 am

Shamrock wrote:
Captain_Caveman wrote:Officially worried about Porzingis as well. He was a pleasant surprise early in the year, but he really does not appear to be wired for this. A shrinking violet.

He can't be guarding Jokic in the playoffs. I'm a big KP fan but it's clear when he gets some size on him he really struggles or if he gets a really quick player in a pick n roll he can't keep up. Murray/Jokic will be rough

On the flip side of that, Porzingis will stretch Jokic and it will be easy to get to the basket.

I understand what you’re saying but there’s always a positive to the negative and vice versa
Captain_Caveman
RealGM

Post#117 » by Captain_Caveman » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:45 am

playa-hater wrote:

Personally, I'm pretty even-keeled about this team. Didn't get too excited early in the year, and not too despondent now. We can still win, but I'm not seeing any clear favorite out there. All teams have flaws, but ours are not great ones to have for playoff ball (poor coaching and crunch time play, can be bullied especially in the frontcourt, Jaylen can still not dribble left, etc).
Shamrock
Head Coach

Post#118 » by Shamrock » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:45 am

Fierce1 wrote:
Shamrock wrote:

There's a reason why guys like Lebron, Steph, and MJ needed to be 27 years old to get a ring.

KD needed Steph and 10 seasons in the NBA to get his first ring.

It's just a matter of time.

Experience can't be expedited, it has to be earned.

That's true... But JT already has the experience of a 15 year vet playoff wise. He's been to the ECF 4 times and has played 94 playoff games. How much more experience does he need?
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#119 » by Fierce1 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:45 am

Parliament10 wrote:

Thank You, for being Nicely Calm.

We all gotta try to get back there.
Probably After we Win the Ring.

Reason why I'm calm is this is house money.

This season is house money.

The late game issues are a concern.

JT having trouble in the clutch is a concern.

If that's the case then why are some of the posters here saying we need to win now!

The Cs are good enough to win it this year because they're so talented, but next year is the highest chance of winning it all for the Cs.

And that's for a number of reasons.
Captain_Caveman
RealGM

Post#120 » by Captain_Caveman » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:46 am

Shamrock wrote:

Capela straight punked him.

Return to Boston Celtics