ImageImageImage

Celts Stuff Peli-Cans in Garbage Cans! Victory Cigar vs NOP 3/30

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Who smokes the big cigar?

Tatum
17%
Brown
26%
KP
37%
White
9%
Jrue
6%
Horford
2%
Hauser
No votes
Pritchard
No votes
Tillman
No votes
Other/Coach/Team
3%

Total votes: 65

playa-hater
RealGM
And1: 18,840

Re: Celts Stuff Peli-Cans in Garbage Cans! Victory Cigar vs NOP 3/30 

Post#61 » by playa-hater » Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:17 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:Some minor adjustments that fans can't hate:
- Tillman not being stationed in the corner or at least crashing in the paint
- Porzingis as roamer, staying closer to the baseline and not being switched to ballhandlers
- White-KP actions late in the game leading to more ball movement
- related to previous, Tatum offball
- No Kornet-Tillman, no Horford-Kornet
- more KP postups after Q1
- more balanced offensive attack

All excellent points. But the bold I want/need to see more. A few possessions are not enough, but it's a start.
SHOOTERS SHOOTER SHOOTERS
31to6
RealGM
And1: 28,124

Post#62 » by 31to6 » Mon Apr 1, 2024 6:21 pm

playa-hater wrote:
31to6 wrote:
Green89 wrote:
His post game comment about his late game strategy being let Tatum take the ball and make a play, doesn't exactly say much to set him apart from a substitute teacher.

Luke Walton doesn’t have the longest winning streak in NBA history, does he? Did the Warriors really surpass the 33 in a row by the 70s Lakers?

No. Won 28 in a row over two seasons, not all coached by Walton:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NBA_longest_winning_streaks#:~:text=The%20Los%20Angeles%20Lakers%20own,to%20win%20the%20NBA%20Finals.

My bad.. Please do not sue me..

yeah we're gonna let this one go as long as you continue to rabidly support the greatest basketball franchise there ever has been or will be. and keep trying to convert those Heat fans -- show them the folly of their ways! ;)
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
playa-hater
RealGM

Post#63 » by playa-hater » Mon Apr 1, 2024 7:53 pm

31to6 wrote:
playa-hater wrote:
31to6 wrote:
Luke Walton doesn’t have the longest winning streak in NBA history, does he? Did the Warriors really surpass the 33 in a row by the 70s Lakers?

No. Won 28 in a row over two seasons, not all coached by Walton:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NBA_longest_winning_streaks#:~:text=The%20Los%20Angeles%20Lakers%20own,to%20win%20the%20NBA%20Finals.

yeah we're gonna let this one go as long as you continue to rabidly support the greatest basketball franchise there ever has been or will be. and keep trying to convert those Heat fans -- show them the folly of their ways! ;)

Heat fans?? Do they actually exist?? I mean like bigfoot and the loch ness monster, There are a lot of rumors/myths, but no concrete evidence..
31to6
RealGM
And1: 28,124

Post#64 » by 31to6 » Tue Apr 2, 2024 2:10 am

playa-hater wrote:
31to6 wrote:
playa-hater wrote:

Heat fans?? Do they actually exist?? I mean like bigfoot and the loch ness monster, There are a lot of rumors/myths, but no concrete evidence..

GRAHAAHHHAAAHHAAA
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
shackles10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 5,496

Post#65 » by shackles10 » Tue Apr 2, 2024 11:38 am

31to6 wrote:
playa-hater wrote:
31to6 wrote:

GRAHAAHHHAAAHHAAA

In 15 years when Miami goes underwater we can move the Des Moines Heat to the same category of logic as the Utah Jazz and Los Angeles Lakers.
playa-hater
RealGM

Post#66 » by playa-hater » Tue Apr 2, 2024 3:23 pm

shackles10 wrote:
31to6 wrote:
playa-hater wrote:

GRAHAAHHHAAAHHAAA

In 15 years when Miami goes underwater
we can move the Des Moines Heat to the same category of logic as the Utah Jazz and Los Angeles Lakers.

Nooooo!!! Some of us Celtic fans live here!! :pray:
shackles10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 5,496

Post#67 » by shackles10 » Tue Apr 2, 2024 6:05 pm

playa-hater wrote:
shackles10 wrote:
31to6 wrote:
GRAHAAHHHAAAHHAAA

we can move the Des Moines Heat to the same category of logic as the Utah Jazz and Los Angeles Lakers.

playa-hater
RealGM

Post#68 » by playa-hater » Tue Apr 2, 2024 10:04 pm

shackles10 wrote:
playa-hater wrote:
shackles10 wrote:

:o :-? :x
Captain_Caveman
RealGM
And1: 38,458

Post#69 » by Captain_Caveman » Thu Apr 4, 2024 7:10 am

Captain_Caveman wrote:
CelticFaninLBC wrote:Where's Cave?

Oh, hey! It's the guy who never has any basketball takes and is only here to talk **** about a poster who has been semi-critical of a player than he has a mancrush on. Great contribution to the discussion, as always.

Tell you what. I'm happy to come teach you how to play if you think it would help you to be able to talk about hoops and not other grown men.

Just let me know. I'll make time for you.

You were baited here but that doesn't mean you have to take the bait and raise the hostility level with your response. Please avoid personal attacks. -b

He's been talking to me like that for a long time. Of course I will go back at him. I enjoy it and would love to take it much further with him tbh. If that's not in the TOU, then don't let him pull that **** to begin with and there's nothing to worry about.
Sweet Serenity
Senior
And1: 1,036

Post#70 » by Sweet Serenity » Thu Apr 4, 2024 7:36 am

Captain_Caveman wrote:
Captain_Caveman wrote:
CelticFaninLBC wrote:Where's Cave?

Oh, hey! It's the guy who never has any basketball takes and is only here to talk **** about a poster who has been semi-critical of a player than he has a mancrush on. Great contribution to the discussion, as always.

Tell you what. I'm happy to come teach you how to play if you think it would help you to be able to talk about hoops and not other grown men.

You were baited here but that doesn't mean you have to take the bait and raise the hostility level with your response. Please avoid personal attacks. -b

He's been talking to me like that for a long time. Of course I will go back at him. I enjoy it and would love to take it much further with him tbh. If that's not in the TOU, then don't let him pull that **** to begin with and there's nothing to worry about.

Get a room you two
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 91,137

Post#71 » by zoyathedestroya » Thu Apr 4, 2024 12:27 pm

Nice game (and Celtics strengths) breakdown:

Captain_Caveman
RealGM
And1: 38,458

Post#72 » by Captain_Caveman » Fri Apr 5, 2024 3:48 am

Sweet Serenity wrote:
Captain_Caveman wrote:
Captain_Caveman wrote:

Get a room you two

Really not that hard to just talk hoops.

Also, who are you again? And by that, I mean what was the name of your old account?

Return to Boston Celtics