ImageImageImage

NBA PLAYOFFS, Rnd 1, Gm 1 – Heat @ Celtics – 1PM, Sun, April 21, 2024

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Larry_Russell
General Manager
And1: 4,920

Re: NBA PLAYOFFS, Rnd 1, Gm 1 – Heat @ Celtics – 1PM, Sun, April 21, 2024 

Post#961 » by Larry_Russell » Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:26 pm

Bad-Thoma wrote:
TheMartian wrote:
Larry_Russell wrote:

Jrue did not cause martin to hit tatum. He hardly touched him.

Martin took the opportunity to try and take tatum out, which historically, is Miami's MO. Take every chance you can to injure another teams player

Watch the sequence again. Martin was running toward the basket and his trajectory changed because of Jrue. I get it. We all hate Miami and their "culture". But this is one instance where I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt. Bam on the other hand, i think he's dirty AF.

I agree, Jrue didn't "shove him" but he gave him a little hand check to knock him off his line because he was charging in for the offensive rebound attempt. It's the playoffs, it's physical. Martin was reckless because that's Miami culture more than anything, play hard and play reckless and play physical and make the other team uncomfortable, and the recklessness combined with the check put him off balance. I don't think it was intentional. I still feel like the recklessness in a game that's decided isn't necessary but I also don't blame them, they got blown out and there are 3 games to go. I can't slight someone for playing as hard as they can.

All I know is if this was marcus smart the hit someone like martin hit tatum media would be all over this.

Someone hit a celtic and oh well. Just Tatum, he sucks anyways.
IceColdCubano
General Manager
And1: 16,842

Post#962 » by IceColdCubano » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:04 pm

Larry_Russell wrote:
Bad-Thoma wrote:
TheMartian wrote:
Watch the sequence again. Martin was running toward the basket and his trajectory changed because of Jrue. I get it. We all hate Miami and their "culture". But this is one instance where I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt. Bam on the other hand, i think he's dirty AF.

I agree, Jrue didn't "shove him" but he gave him a little hand check to knock him off his line because he was charging in for the offensive rebound attempt. It's the playoffs, it's physical. Martin was reckless because that's Miami culture more than anything, play hard and play reckless and play physical and make the other team uncomfortable, and the recklessness combined with the check put him off balance. I don't think it was intentional. I still feel like the recklessness in a game that's decided isn't necessary but I also don't blame them, they got blown out and there are 3 games to go. I can't slight someone for playing as hard as they can.

All I know is if this was marcus smart the hit someone like martin hit tatum media would be all over this.

Someone hit a celtic and oh well. Just Tatum, he sucks anyways.

Looked like Caleb here was running in hard for an offensive rebound center to the rim, and Jrue completely changed his trajectory towards Tatum at the very moment Tatum left his feet this turned into one player undercutting the other, those things happen, neither was planned nor some sort of reckless play, if players cannot move with force to make basketball plays then I don't know what what else could be said. I could potentially point to reckless plays by Heat players in previous series where they are being reckless with their own body and the other players this was not one of those.
Read on Twitter
BK_2020
RealGM
And1: 14,095

Post#963 » by BK_2020 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:05 pm

Now do one for Bam hipcheck on Derrick White.

Return to Boston Celtics