ImageImageImage

Celts Stuff 'Em In The Freezer! Game 1 Victory Cigar vs MIA 4/21 (BOS leads 1-0)

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Who smokes the big playoff cigar?

Tatum
46%
Brown
No votes
KP
35%
White
7%
Jrue
No votes
Horford
No votes
Pritchard
2%
Hauser
6%
Other/Coach/Team
4%

Total votes: 127

watsonthedragon
Sixth Man
And1: 2,289

Re: Celts Stuff 'Em In The Freezer! Game 1 Victory Cigar vs MIA 4/21 (BOS leads 1-0) 

Post#121 » by watsonthedragon » Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:30 pm

Objectivity wrote:
Sweet Serenity wrote:
Objectivity wrote:
If there is no JB cult, then there is no JB “haters”. Never said anything personal about JB the person. Ever. Always about his perceived basketball impact.

Serenity is far from serene. I got attacked for stating the obvious that KP, White and Tatum played a good game. I didn’t even say great game. No mention of JB from me. Didn’t feel he was super impactful.

Here comes the cult leader begging me to worship JB’s performance.

If Tobias Harris or Randall were on this team posters would claim “irrational hate”. Regardless of stats, I just don’t think those type of players have an impact on winning.

It’s a message board for basketball opinions. Don’t agree. Move on.

There are other words to describe how much Serenity rides for JB. I’ll just say “irrational love” the way he chases down all critical JB posters.

Enjoy Game 2. Signing off.

Oh cut the crap. You intentionally called Tatum, KP & White the big 3 in an unnecessary dig at Jaylen. You call me a “JB cult member” even though I’ve criticised Jaylen countless times & you’re yet to say one positive thing about Jaylen on this site. You say it’s not personal yet 95% of your posts on this site are jabs at Jaylen.

An insightful post by you would actually be a breath of fresh air but I’m not holding my breath.

I’m pretty sure there have been games PP has been on fire and posters called PP MVP and I even +1ed the post. Just giving credit where it’s due for good effort.

Did you scream down their neck for not including Tatum or JB in the convo? I just enjoy a team that plays hard, smart and together. Win or loss. Team basketball is more entertaining for SOME.

The big three reference was only used for the first time possibly because it’s on my mind due to a hip hop current event that has no relevance here. Tatum walks in…

“Mother eff the big three, it's just big me
, bum
What? I'm really like that
And your best work is a light pack”

In all seriousness. Do I really think we have a big three? NO. Could I possibly been praising White for his good game? YES.

Do I think JBs basketball intangibles are the most impactful to the success of this team? No. Been too many years and I’ve stated my 1000 reasons why enough. I don’t want to send you in a spiral calling out butter fingers for the turnovers he won’t get credited for today, his other low IQ plays, ball stopping, ball watching etc…

I rarely post and just enjoy reading the game thread. I don’t need to repeat the obvious others already called out during the game. But when I do post, “Serenity” follows me around demanding praise to the Most High.

Hell, I might reference a big 4 next game with Hauser and watch you lose your sh*t.

Touch grass.

lmao this is such bull
Fantaxp7
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,653

Re: Celts Stuff 'Em In The Freezer! Game 1 Victory Cigar vs MIA 4/21 (BOS leads 1-0) 

Post#122 » by Fantaxp7 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:59 pm

This alternate angle of Martin getting pushed by Jrue makes the play look way less suspicious. Weirdly some frames are missing...

Still upset that he collided with Tatum but it looks less intentional.
Fierce1
RealGM
And1: 11,233

Post#123 » by Fierce1 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:27 pm

It's nothing.

JT got up immediately.

Those non-contact ones are what we should be afraid of.
NuckyPowell
General Manager
And1: 9,721

Post#125 » by NuckyPowell » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:45 pm

Parliament10 wrote:Scal says that Caleb Martin should be suspended for that play, where he undercut Tatum.
He might have something there.

Jaylen got a Tech, for standing up for Tatum.

We'll see what happens.

Scal also said that it was weird that Spo called a timeout, down 16 with a minute and a half to go, and 30 seconds later Martin takes Tatum's legs out from him, which led Scal to ask, A Few Good Men style, "Did you order the code red!?"
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 90,724

Post#127 » by zoyathedestroya » Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:46 pm

Didn't really notice it until now... Jrue had Herro in a straitjacket the whole game. We don't need him to produce much if he's like this on the defensive end. Wow.
1st banana
Starter
And1: 3,035

Post#128 » by 1st banana » Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:44 pm

Pretty light work. I can’t see the heat winning a game in this series.

They can’t force enough misses against us to avoid halfcourt offense. Idk what the heats halfcourt offense rating was but it felt like it was as horrendous as usual.

**** Caleb martin I know there was a light push but didn’t like the play regardless. Get Tatum and zinger tf out of there tho.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 90,724

Post#129 » by zoyathedestroya » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:57 pm

Memokerobi wrote:For people who are upset by the 4th quarter, think of it this way:

Al hit a 3pt shot with 10:36 to go in the game, if we did not score a single point more from that point, we would still have won. Miami made a "run" when the game was over. And even then, our guys still responded and pushed the lead back to 20 from 12. Don't be bothered by it.

Still not about winning or losing one particular game. BUILD GOOD HABITS, ALWAYS. This could carry on to other games. And next thing you know you've unnecessarily extended a series (Hawks and Sixers last season then they were just unfocused coming into Heat series). If you're on the floor, play the right way.

Read on Twitter

Again, they're just humans. These are unrealistic expectations. They remain. Until that banner is raised.
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,814

Post#130 » by Fencer reregistered » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:56 am

1st banana wrote:Pretty light work. I can’t see the heat winning a game in this series.

They can’t force enough misses against us to avoid halfcourt offense. Idk what the heats halfcourt offense rating was but it felt like it was as horrendous as usual.

**** Caleb martin I know there was a light push but didn’t like the play regardless. Get Tatum and zinger tf out of there tho.

Apparently the Heat are now 0-16 against the league's top teams this season.
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".

Return to Boston Celtics