ImageImageImage

Heat Scorch C's From 3! Game 2 Loss vs MIA 4/24 (Series tied 1-1)

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Tyakack
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,385

Re: Heat Scorch C's From 3! Game 2 Loss vs MIA 4/24 (Series tied 1-1) 

Post#441 » by Tyakack » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:49 pm

Fierce1 wrote:
Tyakack wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:Come on now, there are those who believe the Cs will win a championship despite of Joe.

That's just not true IMO.

If Joe is really bad at coaching, Cs will not even get to the finals.

Well, I personally think they will lose in the finals largely due to Joe. That aside though, do you really think every coach that has ever reached the finals was a good coach? I don't think you believe that.

The C's can still make the finals despite Joe because they have the best roster in the east. It's that simple. Talent is still king at the end of the day. You can overcome alot when you have alot of it.

Best roster in the east?

Some of the Cs fans here were saying Hali is better than JT.

Everybody agrees the Cs struggle executing in late game situations.

It's not just Joe, there are other flaws.

Well that's just silly lol.

I'm not saying Joe deserves all the blame but he does deserve most of it, IMO. I think almost everyone here agrees this team has the talent to win it all. So now it's up to the coach to put them in the best position to succeed with that goal.
Setshot33
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,558

Post#442 » by Setshot33 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:55 pm

KillahGhostface wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:Guess it depends on who you ask.

I believe in Tatum and agree with putting more of the burden on him in the playoffs.

But there are those who say Tatum is not an alpha and he's inconsistent.

Inconsistent Tatum is looong gone.

And non alphas don’t drop 46 and 51 in playoff elimination games. That’s just the facts though, they don’t do well here.

Scottie Pippen had high scoring games but no one would mistake him for an alpha player......
" But the best thing to do is just win"- Red Auerbach
Fierce1
RealGM
And1: 11,227

Post#443 » by Fierce1 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:56 pm

Tyakack wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:
Tyakack wrote:
Well, I personally think they will lose in the finals largely due to Joe. That aside though, do you really think every coach that has ever reached the finals was a good coach? I don't think you believe that.

The C's can still make the finals despite Joe because they have the best roster in the east. It's that simple. Talent is still king at the end of the day. You can overcome alot when you have alot of it.

Best roster in the east?

Some of the Cs fans here were saying Hali is better than JT.

Everybody agrees the Cs struggle executing in late game situations.

It's not just Joe, there are other flaws.

Well that's just silly lol.

I'm not saying Joe deserves all the blame but he does deserve most of it, IMO. I think almost everyone here agrees this team has the talent to win it all. So now it's up to the coach to put them in the best position to succeed with that goal.

Yeah, I couldn't believe what I was hearing early in the season about why JT can't be like Haliburton.

It's true Joe should be blamed, but reason why he was hired was because he's Brad's boy.

Joe is sticking with the Brad Stevens brand of basketball.

So expecting Joe to make adjustments is just not happening.

Joe is playing a numbers game, a math problem, according to Joe.

It's a case of we're stuck with the hand we're dealt with.
KillahGhostface
Starter
And1: 4,700

Post#444 » by KillahGhostface » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:00 pm

Setshot33 wrote:
KillahGhostface wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:Guess it depends on who you ask.

I believe in Tatum and agree with putting more of the burden on him in the playoffs.

But there are those who say Tatum is not an alpha and he's inconsistent.

Inconsistent Tatum is looong gone.

And non alphas don’t drop 46 and 51 in playoff elimination games. That’s just the facts though, they don’t do well here.

Scottie Pippen had high scoring games but no one would mistake him for an alpha player......

I know you know the difference between a second guy having a high scoring game, and the focal point of opposing defenses doing it in elimination games, one being on the road, which is very clearly alpha stuff lol.
KillahGhostface
Starter

Post#446 » by KillahGhostface » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:22 pm

May as well plant this bomb lol

And it’s not a shot at Jaylen, he’s doing what the defense is giving him. But when Tatum isn’t taking the most shots or having the highest usage, it’s because the Celtics are letting the other team dictate the offense.
KillahGhostface
Starter

Post#447 » by KillahGhostface » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:23 pm

Read on Twitter
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 90,679

Post#448 » by zoyathedestroya » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:29 pm

Zone didn't work for Heat in G1. Switched a lot in G2. Eliminated Cs ball movement. Chased us off the arc. Shut down KP's post game. Cs didn't have a counter and let their offense sputter. Let's pray Miami doesn't luck its way into another win in this series.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 90,679

Post#449 » by zoyathedestroya » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:34 pm

This is some real BS.
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
KillahGhostface
Starter

Post#450 » by KillahGhostface » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:36 pm

KillahGhostface wrote:
Read on Twitter

**** these slow developing posts ups against mismatches, that’s literally playing into the Heat’s hands. Get Tatum the ball up top in space, and have everyone take turns screening for him. He will either get downhill, get an in rhythm pull-up, or the Heat will leave any of the 4 other guys open.

It’s what LeBron and Redick talked about, when something is working, you run it as much as possible.

Read on Twitter
smith2373
General Manager
And1: 1,734

Post#451 » by smith2373 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:43 pm

I know everyone is justifiably upset at the loss, believe me I am too. But I never expected the Celtics to sweep the Heat even without Butler & Rozier, the coaching advantage is just too lop-sided in their favor and this team is known for playing up/down to their competition

But just to put into perspective: Since the NBA switched to the best of 7 1st round series in 2003, only 5 of the 21 championship teams swept their first round opponent. In other words, almost 80% of championship teams over the last two decades have dropped a game in the 1st round

Yes this is pure copium off an embarrassing loss but gotta chalk it up and move on to the next
playa-hater
RealGM
And1: 18,742

Post#452 » by playa-hater » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:45 pm

tfmiii wrote:My concern is not that they lost, but [b]how they lost.[/b]

Several things, most touched on already:

Joe's seeming inability to react in real time:
We're facing a scrappy, dirty opponent - so why not find time for our scrappiest players? Oshae would help level the intensity/physicality deficit. Xavier, Springer, even Queta for limited minutes. But we'll live and die with 8.

Joe's inability to react extends to off/defense schemes. Others have spoken to this.

Joe not putting his players in a position to succeed - with respect to the schemes above, if players loses confidence in them and there are no adjustments then their intensity will flag. It's human nature when you feel like you're just shoveling sand against the tide.

Last thing I'll touch on is the weird passivity towards Miami dirty play, all 'stiff upper lip' ****. Why shouldn't Joe make a media discussion/storm out of Miami's questionable play? Put them and the league under the spotlight. If I were Joe I'd have catapulted on to the court when Bam wiped out DWhite on yet ANOTHER moving screen in game one, nevermind Martin's hipcheck.

The star players can be stoic, but the coach should be highlighting the illegal screens every chance he gets, for the press, the fans, the refs and the league - in part to have his players's back. I'll date myself but I remember Phil Jax claiming (falsely) that Dikembe deliberately put his face into Shaq's elbows to draw fouls - 'Deke leads with his beak.' Make Bam an issue, the podcasters will love chewing it over and it will trickle into the framing of the games. Highlighting Bam's moving screens has the additional virtue of being true.

agree 100% on each and every point.

Obviously the Bold says it all.
SHOOTERS SHOOTER SHOOTERS
OpiumDose
Sophomore
And1: 232

Post#453 » by OpiumDose » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:52 pm

smith2373 wrote:I know everyone is justifiably upset at the loss, believe me I am too. But I never expected the Celtics to sweep the Heat even without Butler & Rozier, the coaching advantage is just too lop-sided in their favor and this team is known for playing up/down to their competition

But just to put into perspective: Since the NBA switched to the best of 7 1st round series in 2003, only 5 of the 21 championship teams swept their first round opponent. In other words, almost 80% of championship teams over the last two decades have dropped a game in the 1st round

Yes this is pure copium off an embarrassing loss but gotta chalk it up and move on to the next

You're right, but I think the fact that it was a home game is the issue here - at least for me. They finished regular season with an impressive 37-4 at home and I expected them to defend their home court for a while - in my opinion that's what title contenders are supposed to do. Instead they dropped it against injury depleted 8th seed. It's frustrating and disappointing. If they had gone up 2-0 or 3-0 and then dropped one away game I don't think reaction would be as strong as it's right now.
PierceFan4ever
RealGM
And1: 38,693

Post#454 » by PierceFan4ever » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:57 pm

OpiumDose wrote:
smith2373 wrote:I know everyone is justifiably upset at the loss, believe me I am too. But I never expected the Celtics to sweep the Heat even without Butler & Rozier, the coaching advantage is just too lop-sided in their favor and this team is known for playing up/down to their competition

You're right, but I think the fact that it was a home game is the issue here - at least for me. They finished regular season with an impressive 37-4 at home and I expected them to defend their home court for a while - in my opinion that's what title contenders are supposed to do. Instead they dropped it against injury depleted 8th seed. It's frustrating and disappointing. If they had gone up 2-0 or 3-0 and then dropped one away game I don't think reaction would be as strong as it's right now.

Bingo. It’s the fact this team always losses home games throughout the playoffs which is why each series goes 6-7 games. They couldn’t take care of home court against the hawks after making it a priority last season to protect home court. This season they talked about protecting home court and did so during the regular season but right away in game 2 they already dropped one against an 8th seeded team which is a concern for the later series if the Celtics even advance.
playa-hater
RealGM
And1: 18,742

Post#455 » by playa-hater » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:57 pm

I am one of the most Vocal critics of Joe here. But even I have never or will never blame EVERYTHING on Joe. But with that said he is by FAR the biggest factor or should I say Failure happening with this team. Most seemingly know this or are starting to at least realize this.

It absolutely amazes me reading some of these posts and seeing people try to place blame elsewhere.
SHOOTERS SHOOTER SHOOTERS
smith2373
General Manager

Post#456 » by smith2373 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:58 pm

OpiumDose wrote:

Yeah I thought about that too

Only 8 of the 21 teams dropped one of their first two games, and one of them was the Lakers in the bubble, so really 7 of 20 split their first two home games
KillahGhostface
Starter

Post#457 » by KillahGhostface » Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:01 pm

Yuck lol

Read on Twitter
KillahGhostface
Starter

Post#458 » by KillahGhostface » Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:02 pm

playa-hater wrote:I am one of the most Vocal critics of Joe here.

You are?
smith2373
General Manager

Post#459 » by smith2373 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:02 pm

PierceFan4ever wrote:
OpiumDose wrote:

Bingo. It’s the fact this team always losses home games throughout the playoffs which is why each series goes 6-7 games. They couldn’t take care of home court against the hawks after making it a priority last season to protect home court. This season they talked about protecting home court and did so during the regular season but right away in game 2 they already dropped one against an 8th seeded team which is a concern for the later series if the Celtics even advance.

Celtics haven’t had a winning record at home in the playoffs since 2018

2023: 5-6
2022: 6-6
2021: 1-1
2019: 2-2
2018: 10-1

We’ve dropped a home game in 10 of our last 12
playoff series (excluding the bubble) with multiple losses in 6 of those 10 series

It’s baffling how much this team struggles
Ben-N1ce
RealGM
And1: 19,147

Post#460 » by Ben-N1ce » Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:07 pm

smith2373 wrote:
PierceFan4ever wrote:
OpiumDose wrote:

Celtics haven’t had a winning record at home in the playoffs since 2018

2023: 5-6
2022: 6-6
2021: 1-1
2019: 2-2
2018: 10-1

We’ve dropped a home game in 10 of our last 12
playoff series (excluding the bubble) with multiple losses in 6 of those 10 series

It’s baffling how much this team struggles

Lights are too Bright. Type of stuff Brady would excel in. He likes expectations and pressure. These guys don't

Return to Boston Celtics