ImageImageImage

Celts Adjust The Thermostat, Turn Off Heat! Game 3 Victory Cigar vs MIA 4/27 (BOS leads 2-1)

Moderators: bisme37, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey

Who smokes the big playoff cigar?

Tatum
37%
Brown
12%
KP
15%
White
22%
Jrue
2%
Horford
No votes
Pritchard
3%
Hauser
No votes
Kornet
1%
Other/Coach/Team
7%

Total votes: 99

Fierce1
RealGM
And1: 11,409

Re: Celts Adjust The Thermostat, Turn Off Heat! Game 3 Victory Cigar vs MIA 4/27 (BOS leads 2-1) 

Post#121 » by Fierce1 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:53 am

How about waiting for Ant Man to get out of the 1st round first.

Saying that Ant Man is already better than JT is an overreaction similar to what happened after the Cs lost Game 2.

Ant Man has only played a total of 14 playoff games so far.
That's not enough sample size to justify he's better than JT.

And how many All-NBA teams has Ant Man been on?
Fierce1
RealGM

Re: Celts Adjust The Thermostat, Turn Off Heat! Game 3 Victory Cigar vs MIA 4/27 (BOS leads 2-1) 

Post#122 » by Fierce1 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:05 am

Triple7 wrote:
Captain_Caveman wrote:
Triple7 wrote:
It’s like getting the monkey of the Jays back. If they win one, they will play less pressured the ff season. Confidence will surely go up. Exactly what champions are showing like the nuggets, warriors.
That’s why i don’t buy what fierce1 is saying, that next year is our year. It will just put on an insane pressure on JT if we up losing again.

Will be a new coach, for one.

Do you trade our 1st for Kerr if we lose?

I DO.

I’d even include hauser for kickers lol.

It took Brad and the Celtics a decade to finally have a pure shooter like Hauser.

Don't take Sam Hauser for granted.

Maybe now Sam is not that big of a factor, but once guys like Al and Jrue are gone, the Cs will need Sam Hauser.
Triple7
RealGM
And1: 8,607

Post#123 » by Triple7 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:21 am

Memokerobi wrote:
Triple7 wrote:
Fencer reregistered wrote:
The only plausible way Tatum is the best player to start the Finals is if the opponent is the Wolves. Jokic is of course better. And whatever doubts one has about SGA or Luka or hobbling Kawhi being better than him should probably be set aside for this postseason if their respective team make sthe Finals.

I think Antman is already better than JT. Its just easy for him to score, and has put his team on the back several times. I also like his attitude. That arrogance to go with his skills.

These are just insanely bad takes

I get it you love Jt, as do i, but i’m just talking reality here. Just watch them both play. JT takes a lot of work to be able to score. Just like this game. 6 made baskets the whole game. 3 from deep. 2 tough jumpers and a turn around fade away. 8 free throws made. Scoring is just hard work for him. Edwards is a scoring machine. No flaw at all on offense.
Triple7
RealGM

Post#124 » by Triple7 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:22 am

Fierce1 wrote:How about waiting for Ant Man to get out of the 1st round first.

Saying that Ant Man is already better than JT is an overreaction similar to what happened after the Cs lost Game 2.

Dude, i’m just talking who has the better game right now. Not talking about accomplishments here.
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#125 » by Fierce1 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:25 am

Triple7 wrote:

Dude, i’m just talking who has the better game right now. Not talking about accomplishments here.

That means you're once again closing your eyes on stats.

Look at this season's stats for both players.

The eye sometimes lie.
Triple7
RealGM

Post#126 » by Triple7 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:38 am

Fierce1 wrote:
Triple7 wrote:

The eye sometimes lie.

Nope. I see what i see. I watch a ton of games. JT is just not a natural scorer. Even trying to dribble inside looked difficult for him.
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Analyst
And1: 6,783

Post#127 » by Mr_Mojo_Risin » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:07 am

Good win.

Defense is sexy…

I’d give my vote to JT’s Derrick knee but I’ll settle for JT and Derrick instead.

Now keep focused and take the next two games.
ThePigeon
Starter
And1: 1,316

Post#128 » by ThePigeon » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:10 am

Triple7 wrote:
Memokerobi wrote:
Triple7 wrote:
I think Antman is already better than JT. Its just easy for him to score, and has put his team on the back several times. I also like his attitude. That arrogance to go with his skills.

I get it you love Jt, as do i, but i’m just talking reality here. Just watch them both play. JT takes a lot of work to be able to score. Just like this game. 6 made baskets the whole game. 3 from deep. 2 tough jumpers and a turn around fade away. 8 free throws made. Scoring is just hard work for him. Edwards is a scoring machine. No flaw at all on offense.

Let him play against the Heat and see how well he scores
Heat are playing tough (violent?) defense. hacking, shoving, pulling. It gets you off
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#129 » by Fierce1 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:34 am

Triple7 wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:
Triple7 wrote:

The eye sometimes lie.

Nope. I see what i see. I watch a ton of games. JT is just not a natural scorer. Even trying to dribble inside looked difficult for him.

That's because you refuse to believe that JT is not a finished product.

Once his body fully develops, it's game over for the opposing team.

Not a natural scorer?

JT has 2 other Celtic averaging 20 ppg and JT is still the team's leading scorer.

Also, JT has a higher scoring average than Ant and JT has a higher FG% and 3pt FG%.

You're way off, man.
Triple7
RealGM

Post#130 » by Triple7 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:38 am

ThePigeon wrote:
Triple7 wrote:
Memokerobi wrote:

Let him play against the Heat and see how well he scores
Heat are playing tough (violent?) defense. hacking, shoving, pulling. It gets you off

It’s not just against the heat. There are a lot of games JT struggles to score, especially in the 4th. Guys that has good handles with good shooting, and ability to get to the basket, are the guys that scores easily like SGA, luka and edwards. Unless you are a big like jokic. Embiid and giannis. Jaylen has the ability to get to the basket, has a good mid range game, but his handles are average at best. Jt doesn’t have the best handles, he gathers the ball early on the dribble, thus limiting his options inside but to euro step, or just throw the ball to the hoop. Also doesn’t finish that well in the hoop. Missing tons of shots inside, even easy layups, and possible and1’s.
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#131 » by Fierce1 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:44 am

Why is it that to you, the better player is the one who scores better?

A great player is someone who not only scores.

Getting rebounds, playing defense, and making the right passes are vital to becoming a great player.

Think about it, JT is 6-9 or 6-10 and he dribbles like a guard.
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#132 » by Fierce1 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:47 am

If it's just about scoring then you can make a case about Tom Chambers and Dale Ellis being better than Ant Man.
Triple7
RealGM

Post#133 » by Triple7 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:59 am

Fierce1 wrote:Why is it that to you, the better player is the one who scores better?

Getting rebounds, playing defense, and making the right passes are vital to becoming a great player.

He doesn’t dribble like a guard stop it. Lol
Triple7
RealGM

Post#134 » by Triple7 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:03 am

Fierce1 wrote:If it's just about scoring then you can make a case about Tom Chambers and Dale Ellis being better than Ant Man.

Yup edwards is the better scorer, and he’s no slouch on D, then i have him better than JT. SGA as well. Luka is better in scoring, passing and rebounding, so i have him also a notch above JT. Plus defense is so **** overrated. JT is a good defender, but even guys like jaquez and highsmith, can just as easily score on JT and Luka at times.
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#135 » by Fierce1 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:11 am

Triple7 wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:Why is it that to you, the better player is the one who scores better?

Seriously?

Are you watching the games or not?

Part of the reason why he scores a lot is because of his dribbling abilty.

No way JT scores as many points as he does without excellent handles.
Triple7
RealGM

Post#136 » by Triple7 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:15 am

Fierce1 wrote:
Triple7 wrote:

Seriously?

Of course i watch lol. The bulk of his scoring comes from his dribble dribble the chuck up a side step 3. When he tries to dribble inside, he gathers the ball too early, and is forced to euro step o his way to the basket, thus limiting his options. That’s why despite his height and length, he gets blocked too often. Just watxh the difference when Jaylen dribbles inside, he doesn’t stop the dribble too early. He keeps the dribble alive giving him options inside.
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#137 » by Fierce1 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:15 am

Triple7 wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:If it's just about scoring then you can make a case about Tom Chambers and Dale Ellis being better than Ant Man.

Yup edwards is the better scorer, and he’s no slouch on D, then i have him better than JT. SGA as well. Luka is better in scoring, passing and rebounding, so i have him also a notch above JT. Plus defense is so **** overrated. JT is a good defender, but even guys like jaquez and highsmith, can just as easily score on JT and Luka at times.

This is what I mean about the contradiction.

A lot of players are better than JT, but we're expecting JT to win a championship for us.

If JT is once again 1st Team ALL-NBA this season then that means JT is better than Ant because no way Ant is making 1st team.
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#138 » by Fierce1 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:18 am

Triple7 wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:
Triple7 wrote:

Seriously?

Of course i watch lol. The bulk of his scoring comes from his dribble dribble the chuck up a side step 3. When he tries to dribble inside, he gathers the ball too early, and is forced to euro step o his way to the basket, thus limiting his options. That’s why despite his height and length, he gets blocked too often. Just watxh the difference when Jaylen dribbles inside, he doesn’t stop the dribble too early. He keeps the dribble alive giving him options inside.

That's why I keep telling you, Jayson Tatum is not a finished product.

Give it until the start of the of the 2025-26 season.

By that time JT will be 27 years old.

It's just a case of some people develop faster while others take a while.
Triple7
RealGM

Post#139 » by Triple7 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:20 am

Fierce1 wrote:
Triple7 wrote:

This is what I mean about the contradiction.

A lot of players are better than JT, but we're expecting JT to win a championship for us.

If JT is once again 1st Team ALL-NBA this season then that means JT is better than Ant because no way Ant is making 1st team.

Look, i don’t have a problem if you say JT is better, that’s your opinion. and JT should get 1st team, because we are number 1, and he’s our best player. I just have ant man above him skill wise. For conversations sake, where do you rank JT with regards to the best players.
I have him around 7th. Jokic, embiid, luka, giannis, SGA, Edwards, then JT. Most have him around 5th-8th. Not bad at all.
Triple7
RealGM

Post#140 » by Triple7 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:22 am

Fierce1 wrote:
Triple7 wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:Seriously?

That's why I keep telling you, Jayson Tatum is not a finished product.

Give it until the start of the of the 2025-26 season.

By that time JT will be 27 years old.

It's just a case of some people develop faster while others take a while.

I hope so you’re right. I really thought that by this time, the Jays are already dominating the league. I envisioned them to be that Jordan/Pippen combo. Good on offense, and scary on defense. With that killer mentality and some arrogance. They are way behind in the mentality though.

Return to Boston Celtics