ImageImageImage

Celts Adjust The Thermostat, Turn Off Heat! Game 3 Victory Cigar vs MIA 4/27 (BOS leads 2-1)

Moderators: bisme37, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey

Who smokes the big playoff cigar?

Tatum
37%
Brown
12%
KP
15%
White
22%
Jrue
2%
Horford
No votes
Pritchard
3%
Hauser
No votes
Kornet
1%
Other/Coach/Team
7%

Total votes: 99

Captain_Caveman
RealGM
And1: 38,461

Re: Celts Adjust The Thermostat, Turn Off Heat! Game 3 Victory Cigar vs MIA 4/27 (BOS leads 2-1) 

Post#101 » by Captain_Caveman » Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:05 am

KillahGhostface wrote:Will this be 20 pages by tomorrow morning?

The biggest reason the post-game threads get so long is posters getting dogpiled for saying anything remotely critical about the team.

Ain't nothing changed. We are the best top 6 in the league, but poorly-coached, soft, and a suspect bench. Hopefully, we will be talented enough to survive that. All teams have weaknesses, and hoping ours are not fatal in the real games (which have not even started yet).
Triple7
RealGM
And1: 8,595

Re: Celts Adjust The Thermostat, Turn Off Heat! Game 3 Victory Cigar vs MIA 4/27 (BOS leads 2-1) 

Post#102 » by Triple7 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:06 am

The Corey's wrote:Celtics in 5.

The general board has been fun but frankly I'm disgusted by some of your efforts. I'm over there getting flamed for stating the obviously and ain't no body over there backing me up.

I’ll back you up next game haha.
Captain_Caveman
RealGM

Post#103 » by Captain_Caveman » Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:10 am

Smart2Nesmith43 wrote:If the Celtics had a real superstar then said star would respond to dropping their first game of the playoffs by being super agressive (say by getting a dozen free throws attempts), yet playing under control by not turning the ball over a single time and making every play at the start of the second quarter to blow the game open.

Such a shame that they don't and the Heat now lead 2-1.

Tatum is very good but we will probably have to win a series where he is not the best player on the floor. At least it won't be two series.
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,144

Post#104 » by SuperDeluxe » Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:10 am

Triple7 wrote:
SuperDeluxe wrote:
Celts17Pride wrote:I just get sick of Tatum sucks, Brown is horrible, Mazzulla is the worst and oh by the way the Celtics won by 20. Who wants to be a part of that?

The people who do won't be posting here today so don't expect answers.

Whining about whiny posters lol.

Triple7
RealGM

Post#105 » by Triple7 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:11 am

Captain_Caveman wrote:
KillahGhostface wrote:Will this be 20 pages by tomorrow morning?

The biggest reason the post-game threads get so long is posters getting dogpiled for saying anything remotely critical about the team.

Ain't nothing changed. We are the best top 6 in the league, but poorly-coached, soft, and a suspect bench. Hopefully, we will be talented enough to survive that. All teams have weaknesses, and hoping ours are not fatal in the real games (which have not even started yet).

I agree. Also Zoya is right. What’s there to talk about if we had a good win. Just give the guys props and wait for the next game. Plus where’s the fun in praising our guys after a win? Lol
Triple7
RealGM

Post#106 » by Triple7 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:14 am

SuperDeluxe wrote:
Triple7 wrote:
SuperDeluxe wrote:The people who do won't be posting here today so don't expect answers.

I admit. I’m guilty lol.
but, would you prefer to be like other boards with less than 10 pages every game win or lose? That’s **** boring. I like that we have different kinds of posters here.
Captain_Caveman
RealGM

Post#107 » by Captain_Caveman » Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:18 am

KillahGhostface wrote:
Read on Twitter

This is it exactly. Go for the throat.
Captain_Caveman
RealGM

Post#108 » by Captain_Caveman » Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:20 am

Triple7 wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:
CelticsPride18 wrote:
The Heat are ass, but the Celtics are a incredibly stupid team.

Yeah, I don't disagree.

But experience is making the Cs better.

The stupidity is mainly from needing more experience.

This bunch, especially the Jays, always went on a deep playoff run even when they were rookies.

Life was easy for them when they were not the 1 and 2 option.

Now that it's their time to lead the way, they're learning what it takes to win in the playoffs.

Next season will be the start of their peak.

I prefer we win it all this year. If we do, everyone will elevate their game even more. Can be a dynasty.

We absolutely need to break through this year. If we don't, younger teams will pass us by. Not sure why it works that way, but it does.
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,144

Post#109 » by SuperDeluxe » Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:22 am

Triple7 wrote:
SuperDeluxe wrote:
Triple7 wrote:

I admit. I’m guilty lol.
but, would you prefer to be like other boards with less than 10 pages every game win or lose? That’s **** boring. I like that we have different kinds of posters here.

That was actually my way of acknowledging I was guilty as charged.
Triple7
RealGM

Post#110 » by Triple7 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:31 am

Captain_Caveman wrote:
Triple7 wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:Yeah, I don't disagree.

But experience is making the Cs better.

The stupidity is mainly from needing more experience.

This bunch, especially the Jays, always went on a deep playoff run even when they were rookies.

Life was easy for them when they were not the 1 and 2 option.

Now that it's their time to lead the way, they're learning what it takes to win in the playoffs.

Next season will be the start of their peak.

I prefer we win it all this year. If we do, everyone will elevate their game even more. Can be a dynasty.

We absolutely need to break through this year. If we don't, younger teams will pass us by. Not sure why it works that way, but it does.

It’s like getting the monkey of the Jays back. If they win one, they will play less pressured the ff season. Confidence will surely go up. Exactly what champions are showing like the nuggets, warriors.
That’s why i don’t buy what fierce1 is saying, that next year is our year. It will just put on an insane pressure on JT if we up losing again.
Triple7
RealGM

Post#111 » by Triple7 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:38 am

Voted for Dwhite and JB.
KP played great. I liked that JT had zero turnovers, and tried to take it inside at least and get to the line. Didn’t like his shooting percentage, as well as missing 4 free throws. Defense was a lot better. Played with energy to start. Just win next game!
Captain_Caveman
RealGM

Post#112 » by Captain_Caveman » Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:49 am

Triple7 wrote:
Captain_Caveman wrote:
Triple7 wrote:

It’s like getting the monkey of the Jays back. If they win one, they will play less pressured the ff season. Confidence will surely go up. Exactly what champions are showing like the nuggets, warriors.
That’s why i don’t buy what fierce1 is saying, that next year is our year. It will just put on an insane pressure on JT if we up losing again.

Will be a new coach, for one.

Do you trade our 1st for Kerr if we lose?

I DO.
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,893

Post#113 » by Fencer reregistered » Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:57 am

Captain_Caveman wrote:
Smart2Nesmith43 wrote:If the Celtics had a real superstar then said star would respond to dropping their first game of the playoffs by being super agressive (say by getting a dozen free throws attempts), yet playing under control by not turning the ball over a single time and making every play at the start of the second quarter to blow the game open.

Tatum is very good but we will probably have to win a series where he is not the best player on the floor. At least it won't be two series.

The only plausible way Tatum is the best player to start the Finals is if the opponent is the Wolves. Jokic is of course better. And whatever doubts one has about SGA or Luka or hobbling Kawhi being better than him should probably be set aside for this postseason if their respective team make sthe Finals.
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
Memokerobi
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,492

Post#114 » by Memokerobi » Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:25 am

Fencer reregistered wrote:
Captain_Caveman wrote:

The only plausible way Tatum is the best player to start the Finals is if the opponent is the Wolves. Jokic is of course better. And whatever doubts one has about SGA or Luka or hobbling Kawhi being better than him should probably be set aside for this postseason if their respective team make sthe Finals.

I will die on the hill that Tatum is a considerably better player than SGA even though I like SGA a lot. This should not be an unpopular opinion but it is because we've seen Tatum struggle more as he has played in way tougher games that SGA has not even touched before
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 91,170

Post#115 » by zoyathedestroya » Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:39 am

JB still with the team's highest usage (30.9%). Tatum 2nd at 24.7%. Lowe and co. discussed in their recent pod that it might be the Heat's defensive strategy to have JB handle it a bit more, putting their weakest defender on him (Herro), so he'll be baited to go iso instead of Cs running their more potent sets. At least White's usage went up (21.5%) while Jrue's (9.7%) went down. There was a stretch where White kept getting good shots or assists with him as primary ballhandler. I still think we'd have most success with Tatum and White as primary decision makers with the ball. But good on JB to punish his matchup today. Make Herro work on D as long as he knows when not to force the issue and still look for the open man.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 91,170

Post#116 » by zoyathedestroya » Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:44 am

Read on Twitter
Triple7
RealGM

Post#117 » by Triple7 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:45 am

Captain_Caveman wrote:

I think Antman is already better than JT. Its just easy for him to score, and has put his team on the back several times. I also like his attitude. That arrogance to go with his skills.
Triple7
RealGM

Post#118 » by Triple7 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:50 am

Captain_Caveman wrote:
Triple7 wrote:
Captain_Caveman wrote:

Will be a new coach, for one.

Do you trade our 1st for Kerr if we lose?

I DO.

I’d even include hauser for kickers lol.
Memokerobi
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,492

Post#119 » by Memokerobi » Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:05 am

Triple7 wrote:
Captain_Caveman wrote:

I think Antman is already better than JT. Its just easy for him to score, and has put his team on the back several times. I also like his attitude. That arrogance to go with his skills.

These are just insanely bad takes
chrisab123
RealGM
And1: 9,368

Post#120 » by chrisab123 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:17 am

Last years squad loses this game. Good win

Return to Boston Celtics