ImageImageImage

Heat Wore "White Hot" T-Shirts so D-White Came Out HOT! Game 4 Victory Cigar vs MIA 4/29 (BOS leads 3-1)

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

Who smokes the big playoff cigar?

Tatum
13%
Brown
1%
KP
No votes
DWhite!
73%
Jrue
3%
Horford
5%
Pritchard
No votes
Hauser
No votes
Kornet
1%
Other/Coach/Team
5%

Total votes: 118

zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 92,118

Re: Heat Wore "White Hot" T-Shirts so D-White Came Out HOT! Game 4 Victory Cigar vs MIA 4/29 (BOS leads 3-1) 

Post#101 » by zoyathedestroya » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:50 am

So not Ime?
Read on Twitter
Hal14
RealGM
And1: 17,278

Re: Heat Wore "White Hot" T-Shirts so D-White Came Out HOT! Game 4 Victory Cigar vs MIA 4/29 (BOS leads 3-1) 

Post#102 » by Hal14 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:52 am

KillahGhostface wrote:Tatum 21.7% usage lol, 4th on the team, led by Jaylen at 31%.

This has to change against the real playoff teams.

I agree to some extent but I think part of this stat is attributed to the way MIami is playing us defensively..
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
KillahGhostface
Starter
And1: 4,858

Post#103 » by KillahGhostface » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:54 am

Hal14 wrote:
KillahGhostface wrote:Tatum 21.7% usage lol, 4th on the team, led by Jaylen at 31%.

This has to change against the real playoff teams.

I agree to some extent but I think part of this stat is attributed to the way MIami is playing us defensively..

It is for sure, they have Bam on Tatum, plus help. And I don’t think I’m lying by saying that the Heat are letting Jaylen go 1 on 1 versus Herro.

The Celtics are susceptible to letting other teams dictate their style of play, the Heat stink so they can get away with it. Against teams that can actually score the ball? We need the ball in Tatum and White’s hands almost every possession.
Green89
RealGM
And1: 26,884

Post#104 » by Green89 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:55 am

zoyathedestroya wrote:So not Ime?
Read on Twitter

White was criminally underused by Ime during our Finals run, at only 25 minutes per game.
Captain_Caveman
RealGM
And1: 38,487

Post#105 » by Captain_Caveman » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:56 am

PierceFan4ever wrote:
Captain_Caveman wrote:This is really where the lack of depth gets scary. Even if we just had Grant Williams to give us 24 minutes off the bench for a couple of games, I'd feel more comfortable.

Who gets those minutes now? Hauser? Kornet? Tillman? Don't like any of those options when the chips are down. Not one bit.

Same. Needed a big shot from Hauser and PP today while the Heat were threatening to cut into the lead yet they couldn’t do anything

I'm good with Pritchard getting a maximum of 15mpg in the playoffs. And if Horford is starting in KP's place, that's about it for me as far as the bench goes.
Green89
RealGM
And1: 26,884

Post#106 » by Green89 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:59 am

Read on Twitter
CelticsPride18
General Manager
And1: 11,064

Post#107 » by CelticsPride18 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:00 am

Captain_Caveman wrote:
PierceFan4ever wrote:
Captain_Caveman wrote:This is really where the lack of depth gets scary. Even if we just had Grant Williams to give us 24 minutes off the bench for a couple of games, I'd feel more comfortable.

Who gets those minutes now? Hauser? Kornet? Tillman? Don't like any of those options when the chips are down. Not one bit.

Same. Needed a big shot from Hauser and PP today while the Heat were threatening to cut into the lead yet they couldn’t do anything

I'm good with Pritchard getting a maximum of 15mpg in the playoffs. And if Horford is starting in KP's place, that's about it for me as far as the bench goes.

Most teams have no depth past the 7 or 8 player
VeryMuchWoke
Head Coach
And1: 7,699

Post#108 » by VeryMuchWoke » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:01 am

Captain_Caveman wrote:
KamikazeK wrote:Right calf tightness. :pray:

Looks to be a full on strain at this point. Either way, stick him back in the carbonite like Han Solo until Round 2.

Calf injuries tend of have a manageable recovery time, provided you let them heal all the way. Play too soon and it comes right back.

I'd give him a game or two in round 2. We shouldn't need him against Cleveland.
"Danny Ainge needs to shut the **** up and manage his own team. He was the biggest whiner when he was playing, and I know that because I coached against him."
Pat Riley
return2glory
RealGM
And1: 9,714

Post#109 » by return2glory » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:02 am

Nice win.

VC to White. He was great.

Brown and Tatum were both bad.

Pritchard still hasn't scored in the 2nd half of the playoffs. He was also bad.

Hauser was a non factor.

Al and Jrue were both solid. We still need more from Jrue.

KP is KP. Hopefully he is back soon.

If I'm Joe, I'm looking to play Brissett over Pritchard in the 2nd half of game 5. Play Brissett along with either White or Jrue at all times. Also find minutes for Tillman.
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,676

Post#110 » by brackdan70 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:05 am

CelticsPride18 wrote:
Captain_Caveman wrote:
PierceFan4ever wrote:

Yeah our depth is really great. 10 dudes that can be trusted and Brissett is not a bad 11
Sign here
VeryMuchWoke
Head Coach

Post#112 » by VeryMuchWoke » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:08 am

Tillman played very well against AD and the Lakers in the playoffs last year. He just doesn't have enough floor time with this team yet. Some reps in game 5 couldn't hurt.

Mazulla will stick with Kornet though (like he did with Smart over White).
"Danny Ainge needs to shut the **** up and manage his own team. He was the biggest whiner when he was playing, and I know that because I coached against him."
Pat Riley
Captain_Caveman
RealGM

Post#113 » by Captain_Caveman » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:08 am

CelticsPride18 wrote:
Captain_Caveman wrote:
PierceFan4ever wrote:

Most teams don't win titles, either.

Point being, I'd like 7.5 playable guys for the playoffs and IMO it's looking like we have 5.5 guys until KP gets back.
Captain_Caveman
RealGM

Post#114 » by Captain_Caveman » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:15 am

VeryMuchWoke wrote:
Captain_Caveman wrote:

Looks to be a full on strain at this point. Either way, stick him back in the carbonite like Han Solo until Round 2.

Calf injuries tend of have a manageable recovery time, provided you let them heal all the way. Play too soon and it comes right back.

I would sit him until we absolutely have to play him, whether that is Game 7 of this series, Game 2 or 3 of the 2nd round, or Game 1 of the ECFs. By the time it's all said and done, it's not going to good enough for him to just be going at 60% out there. We need him to be healthy.

Jokic about to win his 3rd MVP, and most of the other contenders are pretty mobile and/or big up front. We will really need his 20/7 with passable shooting and defense, and willing to drop a game or two now if it helps that to happen later on.
KamikazeK
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,042

Post#115 » by KamikazeK » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:20 am

VeryMuchWoke wrote:

Tillman played very well against AD and the Lakers in the playoffs last year. He just doesn't have enough floor time with this team yet. Some reps in game 5 couldn't hurt.

Mazulla will stick with Kornet though (like he did with Smart over White).

Honestly, I like Tillman over Grant just in general.
TatumMVP
Rookie
And1: 1,192

Post#116 » by TatumMVP » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:26 am

VeryMuchWoke wrote:
Captain_Caveman wrote:

We definitely need KP against Cleveland, a team with Allen and Mobley can give you big problems.
I hope that Jrue will raise the level of his game because if KP doesn't play, we need his contribution on the offensive end.
KillahGhostface
Starter
And1: 4,858

Post#117 » by KillahGhostface » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:35 am

Jaylen will look much better against Cleveland or Orlando. I think it’s just a Miami/Spo thing.

I’m just hoping it’s on a lower usage lol, use him better.
VeryMuchWoke
Head Coach

Post#118 » by VeryMuchWoke » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:45 am

Captain_Caveman wrote:
VeryMuchWoke wrote:
Captain_Caveman wrote:

I would sit him until we absolutely have to play him, whether that is Game 7 of this series, Game 2 or 3 of the 2nd round, or Game 1 of the ECFs. By the time it's all said and done, it's not going to good enough for him to just be going at 60% out there. We need him to be healthy.

Jokic about to win his 3rd MVP, and most of the other contenders are pretty mobile and/or big up front. We will really need his 20/7 with passable shooting and defense, and willing to drop a game or two now if it helps that to happen later on.

Yeah, as long as we have at least a game up on Cleveland, he should rest. If we're tied at 2-2 I'd consider bringing him back, but only if he'd play if it was a regular season game.
Pat Riley
Fierce1
RealGM
And1: 11,617

Post#119 » by Fierce1 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:46 am

Joe's math versus Spo's Tic Tac Toe.

Return to Boston Celtics