ImageImageImage

PLAYOFFS, Rnd 2, Gm 1 – Cavaliers @ Celtics – 7:00PM, Tues, May 7, 2024

Moderators: bisme37, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey

Fierce1
RealGM
And1: 11,589

Re: PLAYOFFS, Rnd 2, Gm 1 – Cavaliers @ Celtics – 7:00PM, Tues, May 7, 2024 

Post#961 » by Fierce1 » Wed May 8, 2024 1:24 am

MapleRed wrote:25 point win and no let up at the end. Good win!

I'll take that over JT scoring 40 and the Cs just winning by 5 points or less.
NYCelticsfan136
Veteran
And1: 1,722

Post#962 » by NYCelticsfan136 » Wed May 8, 2024 1:25 am

Fierce1 wrote:
NYCelticsfan136 wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:We've been waiting for the day that the Cs are not a 2-man team anymore.

It has arrived.

The Boston Celtics can now win with multiple players playing great.

This is not just Batman and Robin anymore.

Meh cavs stink. If the C’s can’t get to the finals this year people need to be fired. I am worry about Tatum though. They’re not winning a ship if this guy doesn’t step it up.

It's just a case of you worry too much.

If JT is not worried, why should we be worried?

JT has had history of this though. Needs to exercise the demons. We shall see.
NuckyPowell
General Manager
And1: 9,823

Post#963 » by NuckyPowell » Wed May 8, 2024 1:25 am

Mr_Mojo_Risin wrote:
NuckyPowell wrote:
Mr_Mojo_Risin wrote:When he is not getting open threes it's often because he is being heavily guarded which makes him a floor spacer and net positive....which is why he is such a great season long +/- guy.

He's a good regular season minutes eater. I'll give him that.

He is more than that, but I agree more playoff consistency would be good. He had a few games against Heat where he really opened up the game.

I don't dislike Sam at all, and recognize the gravity his mere presence causes. Just saying he did nothing besides that today. He went scoreless with one rebound in 17 minutes. Team did well while he was on the court, though.
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,966

Post#964 » by Fencer reregistered » Wed May 8, 2024 1:25 am

BK_2020 wrote:
Fencer reregistered wrote:Hauser was wide open -- as lonely as I've ever seen him. Tatum should have skipped to him rather than forcing a baseline drive.

It's pretty obvious they all bet the under on Hauser.

Funny.

But given that Hauser had the best +/- on the team by far despite scoring 0 points, and indeed not even trying a shot until garbage time, I'm guessing that that one play was an anomaly, and he was well-covered most of the time that he played.

Certainly I didn't notice any other plays on which he was left open like that.
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
BK_2020
RealGM
And1: 14,542

Post#965 » by BK_2020 » Wed May 8, 2024 1:26 am

Fencer reregistered wrote:
BK_2020 wrote:
Fencer reregistered wrote:Hauser was wide open -- as lonely as I've ever seen him. Tatum should have skipped to him rather than forcing a baseline drive.

It's pretty obvious they all bet the under on Hauser.

Funny.

But given that Hauser had the best +/- on the team by far despite scoring 0 points, and indeed not even trying a shot until garbage time, I'm guessing that that one play was an anomaly, and he was well-covered most of the time that he played.

Certainly I didn't notice any other plays on which he was left open like that.

The Cavs players also bet the under on Hauser.
Triple7
RealGM
And1: 8,677

Post#966 » by Triple7 » Wed May 8, 2024 1:28 am

Gurton Buster wrote:I wouldn’t say Tatum ‘dont got the dog’ in him. I think he just needs to work on his off the dribble game he needs to be able to hold his dribble in traffic and learn how to play/finish through traffic he doesn’t know how to play through contact sometimes like JB or he needs to shift his mindset to drive more instead of settling which i do think he kind of needs to do especially in the playoffs. Tatum needs to get into the lab and learn different gathers when driving to the rim instead of forcing up rushed panicked shots which he does in contact a lot. Gotta learn how to play with contact and through contact thats what the best scorers in the league do.

Been saying that for the longest time. He doesn’t have the best handles. He stops the dribble early on the drive by gathering it. So his options are limited to euro stepping or just throwing a floater. He also needs to work on his shot making. A lot of his misses at the rim should be automatic already. also, he doesn’t finish well through contact. Instead of taking turn around fade aways, why doesn’t he just take the easy face up jumper. He’s tall and athletic enough, so basically unguardable. He just take too many tough shots. JB on the other hand, mixes it up. It makes JB harder to guard.
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Analyst
And1: 6,915

Post#967 » by Mr_Mojo_Risin » Wed May 8, 2024 1:29 am

NuckyPowell wrote:
Mr_Mojo_Risin wrote:
NuckyPowell wrote:He's a good regular season minutes eater. I'll give him that.

He is more than that, but I agree more playoff consistency would be good. He had a few games against Heat where he really opened up the game.

I don't dislike Sam at all, and recognize the gravity his mere presence causes. Just saying he did nothing besides that today. He went scoreless with one rebound in 17 minutes. Team did well while he was on the court, though.

Yeah today wasn't a Sam day, but he defends well and provides gravity, that's enough for this team, everything else is a bonus.
Triple7
RealGM
And1: 8,677

Post#968 » by Triple7 » Wed May 8, 2024 1:31 am

NYCelticsfan136 wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:We've been waiting for the day that the Cs are not a 2-man team anymore.

It has arrived.

The Boston Celtics can now win with multiple players playing great.

This is not just Batman and Robin anymore.

Meh cavs stink. If the C’s can’t get to the finals this year people need to be fired. I am worry about Tatum though. They’re not winning a ship if this guy doesn’t step it up.

We are not beating the wolves with JT playing like this. We ahould have been up 20 early, if JT showed. Lead went up when JT was on the bench.
KillahGhostface
Starter
And1: 4,858

Post#969 » by KillahGhostface » Wed May 8, 2024 1:35 am

Triple7 wrote:Lead went up when JT was on the bench.

Return to Boston Celtics