Carl Crawford vs Jose Reyes

Jose7
RealGM
And1: 6,884

Post#21 » by Jose7 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:30 pm

High 5 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Yeah, 4-2 is pretty lucky. 2-0 against your ace.

Our ace comes back after the All Star Break.
BAF Suns

Chris Paul / Patrick Beverley / Shamorie Ponds
Buddy Hield / Timothy Luwawu / Stanley Johnson
Kendrick Nunn / Matisse Thybulle / Darius Miller
RJ Barrett / Kyle Kuzma / Dwayne Bacon
DeAndre Jordan / Kenrich Williams / DJ Wilson
chicken wing
Analyst
And1: 4

Post#22 » by chicken wing » Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:52 pm

[quote="Jose7
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#23 » by studcrackers » Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:11 am

untrue the braves have always owned the mets, chipper has made new york his personal bitch.
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
OSBB
General Manager
And1: 715

Post#24 » by OSBB » Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:04 am

Maybe I'm a homer but I fail to see how this is a slam dunk for Reyes. I know his stats this season have been much better, but it's so early.

Obviously Reyes plays the more vauble defensive position and has better plate disipline but I think Crawford has better power potential, even though Reyes is just as powerful as Crawford is right now. CC has about 60 pounds on Reyes.

In their primes:

Reyes: .320/80BB/20HR/50SB

CC: .315/50BB/35HR/40/SB

It's real close.
bringinhinkie
General Manager
And1: 930

Post#25 » by bringinhinkie » Wed May 2, 2007 6:10 pm

OldSchoolBBall wrote:Maybe I'm a homer but I fail to see how this is a slam dunk for Reyes. I know his stats this season have been much better, but it's so early.

Obviously Reyes plays the more vauble defensive position and has better plate disipline but I think Crawford has better power potential, even though Reyes is just as powerful as Crawford is right now. CC has about 60 pounds on Reyes.

In their primes:

Reyes: .320/80BB/20HR/50SB

CC: .315/50BB/35HR/40/SB

It's real close.

I dont understand your comparison.. in just his 2nd full season, reyes hit 19homeruns.. CC's highest homerun total came last year (his 4th full season) when he hit 18. Reyes in his first 2 seasons stole 60 and 64 bags.. how in his prime(which he hasnt reached) will he only steal 50? I mean he already has 17 now (on pace for 110, which even if he doesnt get, it will be significantly more than 50..). Crawford from what I have seen has been batting 3rd and trying to hit the ball out too often resulting in his low BA. If CC ever hits 35hr like your saying, theres very lil chance he does this batting over 300, let alone 315. Reyes is also on pace for over 100 walks and even being the fastest player in the game, has even gotten intentionally walked a few times this season. Crawfords a good player but hes not nearly good as reyes.
High 5
RealGM
And1: 2,085

Post#26 » by High 5 » Wed May 2, 2007 8:00 pm

[quote="Jose7
Jose7
RealGM

Post#27 » by Jose7 » Thu May 3, 2007 3:09 am

High 5 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Pedro will be be your 4th best starter when he comes back.

What?

A healthy Pedro would be one of the best if not the best in the NL east. Before he got injured last year, he was a top pitcher in the NL.

His april and may(team wasnt scoring runs for him) was flat out amazing.
BAF Suns

studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#28 » by studcrackers » Thu May 3, 2007 5:14 am

and what makes you so sure he'll stay healthy when he returns?
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
Jose7
RealGM

Post#29 » by Jose7 » Thu May 3, 2007 10:42 am

studcrackers wrote:and what makes you so sure he'll stay healthy when he returns?

He's God. 8)
BAF Suns

OSBB
General Manager

Post#30 » by OSBB » Mon May 28, 2007 7:27 pm

I'm calling the Met's homers out here. It's REALLY REALLY close.

I ran the numbers today and figured out runs created per out. Crawford is at .280 and Reyes is at .286, their values are basically equal offensively so far this year. I included SBs in the formula as well even though Crawford has gotten off to an unusually slow start on the basepaths and Reyes hasn't.

Reyes plays the more important defensive position but he's just average there, CC is the best in the game in LF. Obviously average defense at SS is more valuable than phenomenal defense in left, BUT if Crawford ever changed his mind and decided to play centerfield, the defense he would bring to that position would probably out-value Reyes' defense at short.
mets87
Senior
And1: 0

Post#31 » by mets87 » Mon May 28, 2007 10:31 pm

lol, reyes isn't "average" at shortshop. he has great range, gets rid of the ball very quickly, makes turning DP's look ridiculously easy, and it's a tossup between him and furcal for the best SS arm in the NL.
OSBB
General Manager

Post#32 » by OSBB » Mon May 28, 2007 10:43 pm

If you look at his RAA and RATE numbers over the course of his career, calling him average is generous, although he's been pretty good this year.
Basketball Jesus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7

Post#33 » by Basketball Jesus » Tue May 29, 2007 12:44 am

OldSchoolBBall wrote:I'm calling the Met's homers out here. It's REALLY REALLY close.

I ran the numbers today and figured out runs created per out. Crawford is at .280 and Reyes is at .286, their values are basically equal offensively so far this year. I included SBs in the formula as well even though Crawford has gotten off to an unusually slow start on the basepaths and Reyes hasn't.

Reyes plays the more important defensive position but he's just average there, CC is the best in the game in LF. Obviously average defense at SS is more valuable than phenomenal defense in left, BUT if Crawford ever changed his mind and decided to play centerfield, the defense he would bring to that position would probably out-value Reyes' defense at short.

I don't get why you're calling the Mets fans out by using hypotheticals.
Manocad wrote:The universe is the age it is. We can all agree it's 13 billion years old, and nothing changes. We can all agree it's 6000 years old, and nothing changes. We can all disagree on how old it is, and nothing changes. Some people really need a hobby.
mets87
Senior

Post#34 » by mets87 » Tue May 29, 2007 12:58 am

OldSchoolBBall wrote:If you look at his RAA and RATE numbers over the course of his career, calling him average is generous, although he's been pretty good this year.

david eckstein is an average SS. jose reyes is well above him.
34Celtic
Analyst

Post#35 » by 34Celtic » Tue May 29, 2007 3:51 pm

OldSchoolBBall wrote:If you look at his RAA and RATE numbers over the course of his career, calling him average is generous, although he's been pretty good this year.

the damn statistics again. I'm a yankees fan and Reyes Range is off the charts.
bringinhinkie
General Manager

Post#36 » by bringinhinkie » Tue May 29, 2007 9:34 pm

OldSchoolBBall wrote:I'm calling the Met's homers out here. It's REALLY REALLY close.

oxymoron?

and dont judge reyes defense by numbers, try watching him play - his range with his arm and legs is among the tops in the mlb. its very rare you see a ball get past him thats even a bit outside the max range of most decent shortstops
mets87
Senior

Post#37 » by mets87 » Tue May 29, 2007 10:02 pm

i already said that! :D
OSBB
General Manager

Post#38 » by OSBB » Tue May 29, 2007 10:08 pm

KnicksMetsJetsNova wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

oxymoron?

and dont judge reyes defense by numbers, try watching him play - his range with his arm and legs is among the tops in the mlb. its very rare you see a ball get past him thats even a bit outside the max range of most decent shortstops

I can't find any oxymorons in what I said.

Anyway, I've seen a couple Mets games this year because they're on ESPN alot but I could stand to pay a little more attention to his defense. He very well may be as good as you say defensively but the numbers don't really bear it out for whatever reason.

I just got alittle worked up because of the way that some people made this comparison out to be a blowout.
bringinhinkie
General Manager

Post#39 » by bringinhinkie » Tue May 29, 2007 11:23 pm

OldSchoolBBall wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I can't find any oxymorons in what I said.

Anyway, I've seen a couple Mets games this year because they're on ESPN alot but I could stand to pay a little more attention to his defense. He very well may be as good as you say defensively but the numbers don't really bear it out for whatever reason.

I just got alittle worked up because of the way that some people made this comparison out to be a blowout.

its not really an oxymoron, just you rarely hear anyone saying the "best defensive corner outfielder" b/c unless ur cfer is a stud (ie: beltran in center, cam in rf 2 seasons ago), theres a reason your a corner OFer and not a CFer..

Return to Player Comparisons