Alexis Ajinca

Moderator: bwgood77

Sabas11
Senior
And1: 385

Alexis Ajinca 

Post#1 » by Sabas11 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:38 am

Hi guys, big Alexis Ajinca fan here, played for my hometown the last couple of years. Unfortunately I cant see many Pelicans games, how has he been doing for NO so far?

I was very excited when he was given a second NBA chance although, considering his age and with him beasting in the Euroleague this season (on a crappy team), it didn't come as a surprise. What got me excited is him playing alongside a stud like with Anthony Davis. How does he complement Anthony Davis' game?

With Ajinca it was always about him fulfilling his potential and he showed flashes or realising it both in club and national team competition the last 2 years. I've grown to love his offensive game, to me he's a guy that can score efficiently in virtually any system, which is very rare for a big. He's also a fairly solid rim protector. He is however horribly foul prone, will have some defensive lapses that will make you scratch your head, and is somewhat of a black hole at times.

Based on what you've seen so far, do you think he can be a starting C in this league, or at least a good contributor? Also, is he part of the Pelicans' long term plans?

Thanks gentlemen, any thoughts appreciated

Return to New Orleans Pelicans