Offseason moves! Often and Abundant

Moderator: bwgood77

benchmobbin02
Veteran
And1: 364

Offseason moves! Often and Abundant 

Post#1 » by benchmobbin02 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:50 pm

First thing to mention is I'm not a Pels fan. Im a die hard Kings fan but have followed the Pels due to Tyreke moving over there and Davis and Cousins rising as the two best young big men in the league at the same time.

This is a huge offseason for the Pels! They have 6 under contract for the season if Eric Gordon opts in and $56mil spent. That leaves around 24 mil in cap space to fill out the roster and only one late 2nd rd pick in the draft.

Depth looks like this

C - ? - Davis
PF - Davis, Anderson
SF - Pondexter, Evans
SG - Gordan, Evans
PG - Evans, Holiday

FAs C - Asik, Ajinca, Whitey PF - Cunningham SF- Babbitt PG - Cole, Fredette, Douglas

I was sad that they fired their coach but I feel like Gentry will be very good for AD and Reke's style of play. I think they are 2 upgrades from going deep into the playoffs. Where do you envision the Pels spending that money this offseason?
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,510
Location: Defending Planet Earth with a Jet-Pack & a Ray-Gun!

Re: Offseason moves! Often and Abundant 

Post#2 » by Mr. E » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:48 pm

I lived in New Orleans for a few years, so I've always kept an eye on their teams. I'm very curious to see what they do in regards to Asik this offseason.

If they choose not to retain his services I'm wondering if they may make a move for someone like Hibbert (if that is at all possible). A solid 5 next to Davis will create havoc for opposing teams.
"A fanatic is one who can't change their mind and won't change the subject."
- Winston Churchill

Return to New Orleans Pelicans