Davis likes the stability

Moderator: bwgood77

Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,510
Location: Defending Planet Earth with a Jet-Pack & a Ray-Gun!

Davis likes the stability 

Post#1 » by Mr. E » Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:39 am

NEW ORLEANS -- Anthony Davis sounds rather pleased that the New Orleans Pelicans have done little tweaking to their roster since a first-round exit from last season's playoffs.

It was that promise of roster stability, combined with the introduction of a new, fun-loving coach with an up-tempo scheme, that made him eager to commit long-term to New Orleans.

"I just felt comfortable here. I like the team. I like the direction that we're heading in. I like the guys who are playing by my side," Davis said Monday. "I have a lot of trust in our organization and what they're doing."

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13326874/anthony-davis-new-orleans-pelicans-endorses-alvin-gentry-plan-roster-stability-new-style

I love to see that this man-beast is buying completely into himself and his franchise!

It sounds like he has really formed some bonds with his teammates, his employer and his adopted city. As much as I hate to have to see my guys go up against this squad, this is really good for the League. I used to joke that they were the "Pelican'ts," but that "'ts" has been retired.

I lived in New Orleans for several years, so the basketball fan in me has a little emotional attachment to what's happening down I-10 East. I'm going to have to pick up some Pelicans/Rockets tickets over the next few seasons. Gives me a chance to go catch up with some old friends. Hopefully they will be weekend games so that I can hit up Court of Two Sisters for a nice, long brunch the night after the game!
"A fanatic is one who can't change their mind and won't change the subject."
- Winston Churchill
pelifan
RealGM
And1: 21,691

Re: Davis likes the stability 

Post#2 » by pelifan » Sun Aug 2, 2015 3:17 am

Words are really just words. No matter how AD feels no way he'd walk away from that type of money. My guess is if he were a FA in the league now he'd rather play for CHI if the money was the same
mvpelicans
Ballboy
And1: 13

Post#3 » by mvpelicans » Tue Aug 4, 2015 12:49 pm

pelifan wrote:Words are really just words. No matter how AD feels no way he'd walk away from that type of money. My guess is if he were a FA in the league now he'd rather play for CHI if the money was the same

No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#4 » by No-Man » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:33 pm

NOLA really needs to have a helluva strong 2016 summer, Tyreke needs to go and the team needs to add quality role players and shooters to surround AD.
The jury is still out with Jrue.

Return to New Orleans Pelicans