Trade Proposal w/ Brooklyn, Utah

Moderator: bwgood77

ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Trade Proposal w/ Brooklyn, Utah 

Post#1 » by ecuhus1981 » Thu Jun 9, 2022 11:41 pm

Hey guys, Nets fan here. I freely admit, Brooklyn is the 3rd member in this deal, which primarily revolves around Zion for Gobert. Still, I think the cost-controlled prospects and financial relief add value to the deal. Here it is:

https://fanspo.com/nba/s/nets/trades/5ggH3M3--jc8TX/nets-pelicans-and-jazz

Brooklyn trades Curry/Thomas/Sharpe for Valanciunas/O'Neale/Gay
The Nets leverage their guard depth, TPE's and cheap youth, to strengthen the frontcourt. Jonas adds interior toughness, and can stretch the floor. Royce is a versatile defender and improves the flow of his team's offense. Rudy is a reclamation project.
Irving, Harris, Durant, Simmons, Valanciunas
Mills, Brown, O'Neale, Gay, Claxton

New Orleans trades Valanciunas/Williamson/Hayes for Gobert/Thomas/Sharpe
The Pelicans swing for the fences, with a DPOY to complement their potent offense.
Graham, McCollum, Ingram, Jones, Gobert
Alvarado, Thomas, Murphy, Nance, Sharpe

Utah trades Gobert/O'Neale/Gay for Curry/Williamson/Hayes
The Jazz reshape the franchise around Spyda, emphasizing athleticism and floor spacing.
Conley, Mitchell, Bogdanovic, Williamson, Hayes
Curry, Clarkson, NAW, Hernanogomez, Azubuike

So, as a Pelicans fan, would you do it?
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,686

Re: Trade Proposal w/ Brooklyn, Utah 

Post#2 » by Duke4life831 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:25 pm

Id say no to this (as someone who has been rooting for the Pels the last 3 years). Thomas and Sharpe to me are little to no value throw ins. So really the question is Zion for Gobert.

I will say this is more value then a good amount of Zion trade ideas Ive seen on the trade board. But even then I wouldnt do Zion for Gobert. I get Zion was out all last year, but if you trade him away and he shows he's still Zion. I cant trade that away especially when he's just 22 years old, that would be a massive egg on my face situation. Ya you would look good if Zion can never stay healthy, but that situation isnt worth the possible situation of Zion getting and staying healthy.

Honestly if Im the Pels, the only way I trade Zion is if I get ridiculous value back for him.

Return to New Orleans Pelicans