Any moves for Hornets

Moderator: bwgood77

freshie2
RealGM
And1: 599

Any moves for Hornets 

Post#1 » by freshie2 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:59 am

Complete outsider here, just wondering if you guys are in the mix to make a last minute move. You have to be excited about where you are, but realistically, the recent moves in the West would appear to put you guys at a disadvantage come playoff time.

What's the biggest area of need? Who is 'expendable'? I don't think you guys would look to make huge moves given your youth, but probably could upgrade the bench. Chandler has been pretty good, but another big wouldn't hurt behind him or @ PF, and your depth @ SG looks like it could be upgraded as well.

Any thoughts??
Smirk
Starter
And1: 1,594

Post#2 » by Smirk » Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:26 am

The Hornets biggest need is a 2/3 slasher off the bench who can get to the basket consistently.

We tried to get Ben Gordon, which really doesn't fit that mold, and we've probably made some inquiries into Pietrus and Mike Miller, but I don't think we have the players to make a trade really.

The players we would want to unload, Rasual Butler and possibly Bobby Jackson don't have expiring deals or a tremendous amount of value.
magee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,400

Post#3 » by magee » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:37 pm

Two words: John Salmons.
IndoorOutdoor
Pro Prospect
And1: 13

Post#4 » by IndoorOutdoor » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:29 am

NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,087
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#5 » by NO-KG-AI » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:58 am

magee wrote:Two words: John Salmons.

Oh I'd love that, especially because of his ability to play with Pargo and Jackson and let them go off ball.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"

Return to New Orleans Pelicans