Guess it's easy to say who we want in the playoffs...PHX

Moderator: bwgood77

CP3toDWest21
Ballboy
And1: 0

Guess it's easy to say who we want in the playoffs...PHX 

Post#1 » by CP3toDWest21 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:08 pm

The only 2 problems we'll have is containing Amare and Barbosa. Other than that, all odds point our way. Chris plays his best ball versus Steve Nash and there defense is terrible which is easy to exploit with CP3 at point.Tyson will torch Shaq running up and down the court for ally oops.I see us winning in 5 games :lol:
2poor
RealGM
Location: I'm from the city in the midwest best city in the whole wide wide world

Post#2 » by 2poor » Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:24 pm

I think the playoffs are going to be tough, regardless of which opponent is drawn.

Add to that, the Hornets haven't really truly seen the Suns as they are now IMO.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,087
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#3 » by NO-KG-AI » Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:53 pm

Agreed with 2poor, I think you are overrating Tyson, and underrating Shaq, especially in the playoffs.

We are going to get a tough matchup no matter who we play, but I would certainly rather PHO, Dallas, GS, Denver, HOU, than any of the others.

BTW, nice avatar.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
CP3toDWest21
Ballboy

Post#4 » by CP3toDWest21 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:30 am

NO-KG-AI wrote:Agreed with 2poor, I think you are overrating Tyson, and underrating Shaq, especially in the playoffs.

We are going to get a tough matchup no matter who we play, but I would certainly rather PHO, Dallas, GS, Denver, HOU, than any of the others.

BTW, nice avatar.

Not overrating tyson im just saying, if you seen the game versus PHX...Tyson was clearly more active up and down the court while SHAQ was on him,plus shaq will get tired therefore he will make many fouls because he is a foul magnet. ShAQ is still a powerhouse, but I believe his days are done. These days he is just a big hunk of fat in the low post.
Nickhex777
Sophomore

Post#5 » by Nickhex777 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:30 pm

Besides the last one, those games were waaay too close to "want" to face the Suns. Plus the dreaded playoff experience factor....
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,087
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#6 » by NO-KG-AI » Tue Apr 1, 2008 1:47 am

Personally the only team I "want" is Golden State, we have the guys to perfectly exploit their weaknesses, they have no answer for DX, and Tyson is going to dominate the glass, and we can handle their running as well as anyone.

Once Chris starts getting his, Baron will try to beat the Hornets by himself, and if he gets hot, it could hurt us in a game or two, but over the course of a series, it will catch up to him.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
Copperhead
Lead Assistant
And1: 55

Post#7 » by Copperhead » Tue Apr 1, 2008 2:21 am

Out of the 4 wins against the Suns, one game was without West and one was without Tyson. I think whoever the Hornets meet up with it will be a challenge. The WEST IS WILD!
addicted2noise
Freshman

Post#8 » by addicted2noise » Tue Apr 1, 2008 10:40 pm

It's a toss up, but I see you guys finishing us off in 6 or 7. Hopefully we won't have to see you in the first or second round, haha.
Suns_Fever
Banned User

Post#9 » by Suns_Fever » Sun Apr 6, 2008 11:54 am

Hornets have no playoff experience if they do meet the Suns we will take it in 6. You need playoff experience to go far, other then stojakovich it will be hard for the hornets to compete in the playoffs.
luciano-davidwesley
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,247

Post#10 » by luciano-davidwesley » Mon Apr 7, 2008 4:23 am

You need good players that can make stops, we have that.
Duiz
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#11 » by Duiz » Mon Apr 7, 2008 6:40 am

The Suns are better and have better experience.

No worries, I think the only teams you have to worry a lot about has to be the Top 4 and the Rockets. The rest have so poor defense that the Hornets should stomp them.

You guyses have a pretty good team right now, it will be great to see it in the coming years.
stood-amire
Junior

Post#12 » by stood-amire » Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:05 am

addicted2noise wrote:It's a toss up, but I see you guys finishing us off in 6 or 7. Hopefully we won't have to see you in the first or second round, haha.

What kind of fan are you? :nonono:
stood-amire
Junior

Post#13 » by stood-amire » Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:09 am

I think you are overratting your team, but its understandable, a lot of teams wiht no playoff expirience think high of themselves but we have to wait for the playoffs to see the real picture. I just think that our expirience is gona win it for us against you. And just as much as paul can torture steve, amare can tourture west.

Return to New Orleans Pelicans