Jamal Mashburn is an idiot (yea im captain obvious)

Moderator: bwgood77

milehigh
Analyst
And1: 13

Jamal Mashburn is an idiot (yea im captain obvious) 

Post#1 » by milehigh » Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:15 am

He said on Sportscenter the Hornets would be drafting #1 overall without Chris Paul, I mean Paul is good but cmon WTF?!?! Where is the love for David West, Chandler, Peja, Mo Pete, and Pargo? Hornets are so underrated it's annoying if the Nugs don't win it all, I really hope you guys win it!
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,087
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#2 » by NO-KG-AI » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:07 am

Well, we'd be a lot worse than people think, not because those aren't great players, but David West and Peja trying to create for themselves for an entire game would get ugly quick. The fast break would be non existent without Chris to create turnovers and run the break. We could play above our heads if Chris missed some time, but if he were gone for the season, we'd be in deep ****. Tyson's offense and confidence would be shot, and Mo Pete and Peja wouldn't be getting open looks.

I doubt we'd be the worst, but I wouldn't expect 30 wins.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
Copperhead
Lead Assistant
And1: 55

Post#3 » by Copperhead » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:21 am

Let's not forget he is still very bitter towards the Hornets organization. If you watch and listen to Trashburn on NBA Fastbreak he never ever has anything good or positive to say about the Hornets orgazination. I knew when they asked him which team out of the Suns and Mavericks had the best chance of getting out of their 0-2 hole he'd say the Mavericks and low and behold, he did.
JStockLivesOn
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 0

Post#4 » by JStockLivesOn » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:33 am

What happened with Mashburn and the Hornets? My vague recollection includes him getting a long-term extension, then missing a lot of games with vertigo or some such. How'd that all end?
"Let it be said by our children's children that when we were tested, we refused to let this journey end, that we did not turn back nor did we falter."
2poor
RealGM
And1: 0
Location: I'm from the city in the midwest best city in the whole wide wide world

Post#5 » by 2poor » Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:21 pm

Mashburn holds quite the grudge against NO for whatever reason. You'd think a whiny bitch like him would be grateful that the organization paid him to sit on a recliner for the duration of his time here. He had career-ending knee problems, and the Hornets ended up more or less dumping him on the 76ers along with Rodney Rogers, for Glenn Robinson. I'm not sure any of the three involved in the trade ever played a game with their new teams, and I thought the NBA had to create some new rule specifically because of the Mashburn trade.

It also probably doesn't help his grudge that NO is trouncing the team that drafted him, and CP is making his old running mate in Dallas look like a D-Leaguer.
Cookin Baskets
Sixth Man
And1: 265

Post#6 » by Cookin Baskets » Sun May 4, 2008 5:43 am

Copperhead wrote:Let's not forget he is still very bitter towards the Hornets organization. If you watch and listen to Trashburn on NBA Fastbreak he never ever has anything good or positive to say about the Hornets orgazination. I knew when they asked him which team out of the Suns and Mavericks had the best chance of getting out of their 0-2 hole he'd say the Mavericks and low and behold, he did.

Without Paul or any true point guard probaly lose in the 1st round or miss the playoffs like the Warriors/Nuggets 45-50 win team..having a point guard in the West is vital. Good game they played tonight, they need to play defense on Duncan,Parker,Gionobli from exploding and keep everyone else in check.

Paul is the mvp of the Hornets and is 2nd in the mvp race to Kobe which is far, Paul will get his mvp in a year or two. Forget about the boring old Spurs it would be a good west conference finals if its Hornets/Lakers..or Hornets/Jazz with CP3 vs. Deron Williams for the conference but I'd rather see Kobe vs. CP3,West vs. Gasol,Peja vs. Odom.

Forget about Baron Davis,Jamal Mashburn they couldn't lead they were part of the Charlotte Hornets and they weren't anywhere near this good or exciting. Mashburn was injured, and he didn't even try to play for philly which pisses me off.
I don't think I Trust The Process anymore! :banghead:
We are the originals! We are the Philadelphia 76ers!
PELICANSFAN
Bench Warmer
And1: 101

Post#7 » by PELICANSFAN » Tue May 6, 2008 4:52 pm

That LOSER collected over $20 million while sitting on his ass in Miami because he refused to even rehab with the team. He should be greatful that an illiterate POS like him has a job not to mention millions for complaining about his knee hurting and being dizzy.

Return to New Orleans Pelicans