Artest to Houston.... 

Post#1 » by tosweet68 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:18 am

thoughts???
Copperhead
Lead Assistant
And1: 55

Re: Artest to Houston.... 

Post#2 » by Copperhead » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:08 am

Thoughts?? Should be a good pickup for Houston. Should be.
ChrisTheFuturePaul
Veteran
And1: 104

Post#3 » by ChrisTheFuturePaul » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:49 am

I think it's good for the Hornets personally. Artest just doesn't fit. He needs the ball in his hands to score, but that's McGrady's role. He's a lock-down defender on the wing, but thats Battier's role, and hes a tweener PF if they put him in the starting line-up with Battier and McGrady. So why is he there? Hes also in a contract year so he'll be trying to put up big numbers.... I think it could ruin the teams chemistry completely.

He'll be very useful to have though for the periods of the year Yao and/or McGrady go down, other than that, I think he's a negative.
Copperhead
Lead Assistant
And1: 55

Post#4 » by Copperhead » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:07 am

ChrisTheFuturePaul wrote:I think it's good for the Hornets personally. Artest just doesn't fit. He needs the ball in his hands to score, but that's McGrady's role. He's a lock-down defender on the wing, but thats Battier's role, and hes a tweener PF if they put him in the starting line-up with Battier and McGrady. So why is he there? Hes also in a contract year so he'll be trying to put up big numbers.... I think it could ruin the teams chemistry completely.

He'll be very useful to have though for the periods of the year Yao and/or McGrady go down, other than that, I think he's a negative.

Yao seems to be a bit worried about their chemistry.

"We worry about the new attitude to the team. We are adding talent to the team and we need that, but building team chemistry is important. This is not bad. I don't mean he is not welcome to Houston. But a new player always needs some time.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/0-3 ... rtest.html

Also, I thought Bonzi would play better for us because he was also in a contract season but he didn't play nearly as well as I thought he would.
mfn1020
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#5 » by mfn1020 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:17 pm

I'm just nervous of another arms race in the western conference. The Hornets are believed to be the best fit competitor to win the western conference in the 2008-2009 season next to teams like the lakers, the jazz, and possibly the spurs again despite their lack of youth, and the rockets are a team that with a few changes could perhaps be right up there with these teams. Tracy McGrady is a very talented player and with a healthy Yao Ming back in the roster, Ron Artest could be the missing link to that team. However knowing his expressiveness he could destroy the team all together and ruin all the chemistry they did have. I have been a hornets fan for about 15 years now and im very confident that the hornets have a good chance of maybe going to their first finals appearance.
ay look my pockets stay fat like Norbit, ball so much that i should play for the hornets
ChrisTheFuturePaul
Veteran
And1: 104

Post#6 » by ChrisTheFuturePaul » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:28 pm

As much as i'd love to see the Hornets win the West, I really think they will struggle to improve on last year, i'm hoping for a 50 win season, but I think there'll be atleast one team in the west that threatens 65+ wins, it'll be an insane playoff race thats for sure.
RayStats34
Veteran
And1: 0

Post#7 » by RayStats34 » Fri Aug 1, 2008 12:34 am

ChrisTheFuturePaul wrote:As much as i'd love to see the Hornets win the West, I really think they will struggle to improve on last year, i'm hoping for a 50 win season, but I think there'll be atleast one team in the west that threatens 65+ wins, it'll be an insane playoff race thats for sure.

The west is too goo I think the best teamin the west is probbaly gonna have the same record as last year thee only 60 win teams unfortunately are gonna be in the east because boston is just gonna beat on those weaker seeds until they get the number one seed though out again.

Return to New Orleans Pelicans