Back Up PG

Moderator: bwgood77

theFRANCHISE
Sixth Man
And1: 354

Back Up PG 

Post#1 » by theFRANCHISE » Sun Nov 9, 2008 8:48 pm

would you guys trade Mike James for Earl Watson?

I've seen a few hornets I'm not sure how you guys feel about James and if he's a decent back but the trade works salary cap wise do you think both teams would agree on this deal?
"You could call it with braille!" - Chick Hearn
ChrisTheFuturePaul
Veteran
And1: 104

Re: Back Up PG 

Post#2 » by ChrisTheFuturePaul » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:43 am

Mike for Earl could be useful, not sure what would make it happen though, Earl is trusted to take the burden off Westbrook (who is looking very unpolished offencively) and the Thunder don't benefit salary-wise from the trade, so they'd ask for more to make on Mike who, while helping their scoring troubles, will not help the development of their young core.

Basically I think it's coming down to a situation where Mike has tried to adapt to the Hornets game, hasn't done that well, and is still apparently a better option for B Scott than Devin Brown. Scott has to cave a little and let Mike be Mike on the court, or we have to take on a longer contract on another overpaid player whos only going to be a marginal improvement on James, because right now I think his trade value is 0.
Ewingfan
Junior
And1: 1

Re: Back Up PG 

Post#3 » by Ewingfan » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:24 am

I cant see how this New Orleans team is gonna compete for a title with this roster. Where is Pargo? Why did yall let him go. Posey was a good signing but besides that the bench is mediocre. Sadly New Orleans is gonna take a step back.
Thats why Im easy easy like Sunday morning.

Return to New Orleans Pelicans