Will Johan be Traded this Winter?

hiphop1
Lead Assistant
And1: 32

Post#21 » by hiphop1 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:23 pm

Bleeding Green wrote:The Dodgers package probably.

But last I heard the Red Sox were offering Jed Lowrie, Justin Masterson, Jon Lester and Coco Crisp and the Twins viewed it as the best package.

I also have heard this.
Free your mind and your a** will follow
GopherIt!
RealGM
And1: 24,241

The national reporting is very biased 

Post#22 » by GopherIt! » Sun Dec 2, 2007 9:37 am

The national reporting has emphasized what the Yankees and Redsox are trying to give up for Johan and have talked very little about what Minnesota is actually expecting in return. "The Yankees are now willing to part with Hughes and Cabrera?" Coco Crisp from Boston - and neither Buchholz or Ellsbury? That's not news, that's a joke! The East Coast media are reporting this like it's a contest between the New York and Boston to see who can get Johan for the least prospects. There's no talk of Minnesota holding fast on Buchholz and Ellsbury from Boston and Hughes and either Kennedy or Tabata from New York. They certainly are not going to let him out the door for a package of one top prospect and spare parts. The reporting in both places has been absolutely shameful
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,875

Post#23 » by Bleeding Green » Sun Dec 2, 2007 9:44 am

The Twins have no leverage and are giving up the prize of the trade; clearly it's going to be reported that way.

Granted no one knows what's going on, but still.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
treyZz
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#24 » by treyZz » Sun Dec 2, 2007 11:18 am

Lester instead of Buchholz?

If I am Minnesota the package starts around Buchholz & Ellsbury. I don't think Boston will make a deal with Minnesota though, because of this.
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,875

Post#25 » by Bleeding Green » Sun Dec 2, 2007 9:58 pm

And that's why Minnesota won't ask. They're the ones who need to trade Johan so teams should be bending them over a barrel and making all the demands.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.

Return to Trades and Transactions