2024 MLB Dynasty League - Season Underway!

Moderator: TyCobb

insfo
General Manager
And1: 11,317

Re: 2024 MLB Dynasty League - Prospect Draft Completed 

Post#121 » by insfo » Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:11 am

I need 4 names from these players

C Will Smith
1B Matt Olson
2B Bryson Stott
3B Jake Burger
SS
OF Adolis García
OF Kyle Schwarber
OF Nick CastellanosUtil
Util Bryan Reynolds
Util Zack Gelof
BN Esteury Ruiz
BN Luis Arraez
BN Masataka Yoshida
BN Yainer Diaz
BN Luis Campusano
BN Gavin Lux

SP Dylan Cease
SP Justin Steele
SP Cole Ragans
RP Emmanuel Clase
RP Andrés Muñoz
P Jordan Montgomery
P Ryan Pepiot
P Carlos Rodón
BN Brayan Bello
BN Mason Miller
BN Drew Rasmussen
BN Jeffrey Springs
BN Dustin May
BN Quinn Priester

tjalford wrote:.
insfo
General Manager

Re: 2024 MLB Dynasty League - Please Check In 

Post#122 » by insfo » Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:19 am

Gdurantv wrote:.

I had somehow missed adding Zac Gallen to your roster on the first page. With him you are at 26 players, so need 1 drop from the following.

I've tentatively chosen Kyle Gibson for the drop, so let me know ASAP if you want to switch to someone else

C MJ Melendez
1B Pete Alonso
2B Ozzie Albies
3B Ryan McMahon
SS Willy Adames
OF Julio Rodríguez
OF Corbin Carroll
OF Orlando Arcia
Util Brandon Drury
Util James Outman
Util Jeremy Peña
BN Jorge Soler
BN Randy Arozarena

SP Kyle Gibson
SP Luis Castillo
SP Kevin Gausman
RP Evan Phillips
RP Paul Sewald
P Raisel Iglesias
P Chris Bassitt
P Carlos Estévez
BN Clayton Kershaw
BN Taijuan Walker
BN Brandon Woodruff
BN Sandy Alcantara
BN Zac Gallen
Gdurantv
Ballboy
And1: 20

Post#123 » by Gdurantv » Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:25 pm

Thanks Info, go ahead and drop Gibson.
tjalford
Freshman
And1: 36

Post#124 » by tjalford » Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:15 am

insfo wrote:I need 4 names from these players

C Will Smith
1B Matt Olson
2B Bryson Stott
3B Jake Burger
SS
OF Adolis García
OF Kyle Schwarber
OF Nick CastellanosUtil
Util Bryan Reynolds
Util Zack Gelof
BN Esteury Ruiz
BN Luis Arraez
BN Masataka Yoshida
BN Yainer Diaz
BN Luis Campusano
BN Gavin Lux

SP Dylan Cease
SP Justin Steele
SP Cole Ragans
RP Emmanuel Clase
RP Andrés Muñoz
P Jordan Montgomery
P Ryan Pepiot
P Carlos Rodón
BN Brayan Bello
BN Mason Miller
BN Drew Rasmussen
BN Jeffrey Springs
BN Dustin May
BN Quinn Priester

tjalford wrote:.

What do you mean by 4 names
tjalford
Freshman

Post#125 » by tjalford » Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:43 am

Sorry, I guess it would help to read lol. Drew Rasmussen is starting the season on the 60 Day IL. Would that mean I only have to drop 3 players?

If so, my players I’m dropping are:

Mason Miller
Quinn Priester
Luis Campusano
insfo
General Manager

Post#126 » by insfo » Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:12 am

tjalford wrote:Sorry, I guess it would help to read lol. Drew Rasmussen is starting the season on the 60 Day IL. Would that mean I only have to drop 3 players?

Mason Miller
Quinn Priester
Luis Campusano

I would need 4. You have to be at 25 before the season starts. If you want to keep Drew, then you can move him to the IL to take on your draft pick, but you cannot carry more than 25 before the FA draft.
insfo
General Manager

Post#127 » by insfo » Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:23 am

insfo wrote:
tjalford wrote:Sorry, I guess it would help to read lol. Drew Rasmussen is starting the season on the 60 Day IL. Would that mean I only have to drop 3 players?

Mason Miller
Quinn Priester
Luis Campusano

I would need 4. You have to be at 25 before the season starts. If you want to keep Drew, then you can move him to the IL to take on your draft pick, but you cannot carry more than 25 before the FA draft.

I'll go with Jeffery Springs as your 4th drop. If you want him, I think I should be able to fix it during the draft. Please let me know ASAP.
insfo
General Manager

Post#128 » by insfo » Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:35 am

Ok, FA draft is ready to go. Anyone listed in the players tab on Yahoo (https://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1/12721/players) and not listed in a prospect roster on the first page is eligible to be drafted. Please let me know if any of your players on Yahoo are on the DL or NA eligible. If so, you do not need to make a drop with your FA draft pick. If you don't have anyone eligible or IL or NA, then you will have to make a drop along with your pick.

Benny on the clock. Good luck!
insfo
General Manager

Re: 2024 MLB Dynasty League - Prospect Draft, Pick #36 - Benny Blanco OTC 

Post#129 » by insfo » Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:52 am

Benny Blanco wrote:.

Your pick
tjalford
Freshman

Post#130 » by tjalford » Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:33 am

insfo wrote:
insfo wrote:

Mason Miller
Quinn Priester
Luis Campusano

I'll go with Jeffery Springs as your 4th drop. If you want him, I think I should be able to fix it during the draft. Please let me know ASAP.

Spring can be dropped. I guess I’m still kind of confused since I have two players starting the year on the 60 day IL. So I should have two additional open roster spots with them in the DL slot right? I want to move forward as if that’s the case. They would be eligible to move there whenever I’m the league starts. I can’t edit my roster to make those moves yet though.
Benny Blanco
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 58

Re: 2024 MLB Dynasty League - FA Draft, Pick #1 - Benny Blanco OTC 

Post#131 » by Benny Blanco » Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:11 am

Dropping Tyler Stephenson
Drafting Yoshinobu Yamamoto
insfo
General Manager

Post#132 » by insfo » Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:20 am

tjalford wrote:
insfo wrote:
insfo wrote:

Spring can be dropped. I guess I’m still kind of confused since I have two players starting the year on the 60 day IL. So I should have two additional open roster spots with them in the DL slot right? I want to move forward as if that’s the case. They would be eligible to move there whenever I’m the league starts. I can’t edit my roster to make those moves yet though.

Each team needs to be at 25 players before the FA draft starts. And that doesn't account for anyone being in the IL or not. Ideally everyone should have set their keepers on Yahoo, but usually I go in and add keepers for anyone that hasn't set it and ensure each team has 25 before I approve keepers which I just did. At that point, your roster should show all your keepers (with the k icon next to their names) and the players tab will show everyone available to be picked in the FA draft.

Where it helps having DL players among those 25 is that you don't have to drop anyone to make a FA draft pick. Once the 10 picks of the FA draft are done, I'll start the league and at this point all the remaining players go on waivers and you are free to fill up the open roster spots you have because of the DL eligible players.

Another option for you is to maybe trade for an additional FA draft pick since you have 2 IL eligible players. So you can add both picks without having to drop anyone.

Hope that makes sense.
insfo
General Manager

Post#133 » by insfo » Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:22 am

insfo wrote:RULES

Yahoo Roster Cutdown Rules
1) Before the prospect draft starts, everyone will need to cut down their previous year's roster to 25 players.
2) If you want to keep an N/A that you picked up the previous year, he will need to be a part of the 25. There are no extra spots at this time.
3) During the prospect or FA draft, if you want to make room in your Yahoo roster by moving someone to the IL or N/A slots, please make sure the player you want to move is tagged as IL or N/A eligible on Yahoo. Then post your transaction in this thread and I'll update the first page with the transaction and process it after the drafts and before putting the remaining players on waivers..

So ideally the cut down to 25 should have happened before the prospect draft, but since it doesn't affect anything other than FA draft picks usually, I didn't enforce it until now.
insfo
General Manager

Post#134 » by insfo » Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:27 am

OldNo7 wrote:.

Your pick
OldNo7
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 60

Re: 2024 MLB Dynasty League - FA Draft, Pick #2 - OldNo7 OTC 

Post#135 » by OldNo7 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:42 pm

Bailey Ober. Drop Lowe.
Twitter: @NickObergan
insfo
General Manager

Post#136 » by insfo » Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:25 pm

Angel strike1 wrote:.

Your pick
tjalford
Freshman

Post#137 » by tjalford » Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:32 pm

insfo wrote:
tjalford wrote:
insfo wrote:

Each team needs to be at 25 players before the FA draft starts. And that doesn't account for anyone being in the IL or not. Ideally everyone should have set their keepers on Yahoo, but usually I go in and add keepers for anyone that hasn't set it and ensure each team has 25 before I approve keepers which I just did. At that point, your roster should show all your keepers (with the k icon next to their names) and the players tab will show everyone available to be picked in the FA draft.

Where it helps having DL players among those 25 is that you don't have to drop anyone to make a FA draft pick. Once the 10 picks of the FA draft are done, I'll start the league and at this point all the remaining players go on waivers and you are free to fill up the open roster spots you have because of the DL eligible players.

Another option for you is to maybe trade for an additional FA draft pick since you have 2 IL eligible players. So you can add both picks without having to drop anyone.

Hope that makes sense.

Ahhh I totally understand now. Thanks for explaining man!
insfo
General Manager

Re: 2024 MLB Dynasty League - FA Draft, Pick #3 - Angel Strike OTC 

Post#138 » by insfo » Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:20 pm

Angel Strike will take Parker Meadows. He'll move JD Martinez to his NA spot, so no drops needed.
insfo
General Manager

Post#139 » by insfo » Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:25 pm

Ralnor wrote:.

Your pick
gyro
Senior
And1: 65

Re: 2024 MLB Dynasty League - FA Draft, Pick #4 - Ralnor OTC 

Post#140 » by gyro » Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:43 pm