ImageImageImage

Fan Apathy

diamondbacker
Sophomore
And1: 0

Fan Apathy 

Post#1 » by diamondbacker » Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:03 am

I posted this at the MLB forum - pass around the message to inspire a more enthused fanbase:

The disease of fan apathy and more so of lack of good, loud cheering at the ballpark has spread. I rarely ever hear anyone cheering. I'll yell out "LETS GO COJACK or WOLF! or Q!" and everyone turns and stares at me like I'm crazy.

Arizona Baseball Fans, let's get this straight:

There is a proper decorum when attending baseball games. Many fail to realize that this is not one of being hushed and respectful to your players - they know you respect them when you cheer for them. This is not one to be quiet to help a player concentrate - your cheers will pump up your players. This decorum is not one to not cheer because you don't really care about the outcome because ytou are a convert from another team and you feel that cheering for the D-backs would be a Benedict Arnold action - get off the fence. When you go to a Diamondbacks game, fans, you root for your team, and you root hard. Not doing so hurts your team: Your players feel like nobody cares abotu the team, you don't get your best money's worth, and worst of all, you let the Dodgers and Cubs fans take over the park. It is great that they are supporting their team, but they are taking over OUR home and making it theirs. But couldn't we learn a lesson from them? Why don't we, the Diamondbacks Nation, stand up and cheer, and by doing so, take control of our territory and get behind our players?

It's the least we can do to support our hometown team.

Return to Arizona Diamondbacks