pretty pretty pretty pretty bad

Moderator: Rafael122

jmrosenth
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 108

pretty pretty pretty pretty bad 

Post#1 » by jmrosenth » Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:13 pm

The O's seem to be taking their usual second half swoon to epic proportions. They've lost 17 of 20 and in that span have given up 30 runs (a record), been no-hit, lost 5 of 6 to the Devil Rays, given up 15 and 17 runs to the Devil Rays, and given up 18 to the Angels.

Yea, I know that injuries have wrecked the starting pitching staff, but this is simply ridiculous.

The only real bright spot has been my boy Nick Markakis, who is turning into a stud.
[quote:6312c12ed1="imperium1999"]
i had had two martinis at this point so i asked her if he every shouted DAGGER in the bedroom with her.

she looked at me kinda strangely and said she had no idea what DAGGER meant.
[/quote]
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Post#2 » by miller31time » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:11 pm

As usual around this time, I'm done with the Orioles until next season when, despite every piece of evidence that points that I should in no way support the team, I'll watch a few games and eventually hang my head in disappointment and disgust.

Ho hum.
WizStorm
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8

Post#3 » by WizStorm » Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:24 pm

Funny that it always works out this way. Well, funny in a depressing sort of way.

I wonder if the O's just realize late in the seaosn that they have no chance given the fiscal realities of the division they play in. Early in the season they are delusional that they actually have a shot only to get a big dose of reality once the assembly line of high-priced players takes it's toll.
Hawaii
Pro Prospect
And1: 21

Post#4 » by Hawaii » Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:00 am

Yep, we're right in the middle of the late-season swandive...I don't know why I still look at the scores. Looks like we're gonna lose against the Yanks tonight.
VinnyTheMick
RealGM
And1: 5

Post#5 » by VinnyTheMick » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:55 pm

Hawaii wrote:Yep, we're right in the middle of the late-season swandive...I don't know why I still look at the scores. Looks like we're gonna lose against the Yanks tonight.

we have Messina pitching tonight, you just might put up 30 on us :nonono:
http://www.nyccan.org/
Ask questions. Demand answers.
A foolish faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth.- Albert Einstein
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Post#6 » by miller31time » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:16 pm

VinnyTheMick wrote:we have Messina pitching tonight, you just might put up 30 on us :nonono:

We're the only team in the MLB that can actually say, you would still probably win.
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,779

Post#7 » by Rafael122 » Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:05 am

I don't understand what's wrong with this team. Their lineup is pretty decent if they get everyone healthy (Tejada, Roberts, Mora, Markakis, Hernandez, Huff, and Patterson).

The pitching has been awful. Besides, Bedard, they have no proven guy out there. None. And the free agent crop this year is pretty weak so they have to improve via trades.

The farm system is OK. They've got pitching depth but nothing major in the way of hitting. I honestly don't know how they can improve their team.

Free agents that the Orioles should go after:
1st Base - Adam Dunn
OF - Torri Hunter, Andruw Jones,

Pitching:
Freddy Garcia
Bartolo Colon
Jason Jennings
Curt Schilling
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.

Return to Baltimore Orioles