ImageImageImage

Who do you want the Braves to hire as next Manager?

Moderator: HMFFL

Who do you want hired

Bud Black
40%
Ron Washington
No votes
Ron Gardenhire
No votes
Brian Snitker
60%
Eddie Perez
No votes
Terry Pendleton
No votes
Other
No votes

Total votes: 5

Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Re: Who do you want the Braves to hire as next Manager? 

Post#21 » by Nemesis21 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:11 pm

ESPN is saying Snitker has been named Manager for the 2017 season with an option for 2018. I really don't understand this, why such a short deal?? Really don't want to see them hire another manager 1-3 yrs down the road. Should have went with Bud Black. We need a long term answer, not a short term. I hope Coppy didn't make this hire on his own, John S and John Hart both favor Black and have long time connections to him.

Washington has been hired as 3b coach, Bo Porter named special assistant to Coppy. 1 year deals picked up for Pendleton, Seitzer and Perez.

I really don't understand the short deals. I''m going to be really pissed if we are hiring a manager again in two years and so will most of Braves fans.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,642

Re: Who do you want the Braves to hire as next Manager? 

Post#22 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:37 pm

Nemesis21 wrote:I really don't understand the short deals. I''m going to be really pissed if we are hiring a manager again in two years and so will most of Braves fans.

I'm with you in regards to the short deal.

But I do like the assistants we hired. Washington has a wealth of experience (but his behavior over the past decade had to prevent him from being named the main guy.)

At least we kept some semblance of stability, while allowing us to go in another direction should things fall apart in the interim.

Return to Atlanta Braves