ImageImageImage

Dodgers it is!

Moderator: HMFFL

Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Dodgers it is! 

Post#1 » by Spud2nique » Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:21 am

I’m guessing Dodgers favored. Dodgers -190 for the series is my guess.

I like our chances this year more than any vs them in the last decade.

Go Braves!
Spud2nique
General Manager

Re: Dodgers it is! 

Post#2 » by Spud2nique » Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:43 am

Dodgers heavier favs than I thought -225.

Let’s beat the odds.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#3 » by Ruzious » Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:54 pm

We may have the first post-season Max vs Max game. Our Max should go game 1, imo.

Btw, what a bs call to end LA's win over SF to help Scherzer get the save. The SF batter clearly checked his swing on time but got called out by the blind 1st base ump. I'm not a SF fan, but that's a disgraceful way to lose - for baseball's sake.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#4 » by Spud2nique » Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:17 pm

Ruzious wrote:We may have the first post-season Max vs Max game. Our Max should go game 1, imo.

Btw, what a bs call to end LA's win over SF to help Scherzer get the save. The SF batter clearly checked his swing on time but got called out by the blind 1st base ump. I'm not a SF fan, but that's a disgraceful way to lose - for baseball's sake.

Agreed on the call, they really need to be able to review some of the plays, specially one that would end a game like that. If I was a Giants fan I would be upset for a while.

I like Max vs Max. Agreed Fried is coming in as the hottest of the three. Game 2, Morton vs Ferris, Game 3, Anderson and Urias.

I’m proud of Luke for coming in 8th innings and shutting down the opponent. I gotta admit I wanted the guy out a long time ago but he has put in some nice work and bounced back. Keep it going Jax.

The Dodgers are more beatable than last year. Kershaw and Muncy will be out that will help.

Go Braves!
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by Ruzious » Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:11 pm

Spud2nique wrote:
Ruzious wrote:We may have the first post-season Max vs Max game. Our Max should go game 1, imo.

Agreed on the call, they really need to be able to review some of the plays, specially one that would end a game like that. If I was a Giants fan I would be upset for a while.

I like Max vs Max. Agreed Fried is coming in as the hottest of the three. Game 2, Morton vs Ferris, Game 3, Anderson and Urias.

I’m proud of Luke for coming in 8th innings and shutting down the opponent. I gotta admit I wanted the guy out a long time ago but he has put in some nice work and bounced back. Keep it going Jax.

The Dodgers are more beatable than last year. Kershaw and Muncy will be out that will help.

Go Braves!

Hey, a couple of years ago, I said they should trade Fried because it seemed like he was never going to make the Braves starting rotation. So I think I got ya beat there.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Post#6 » by Nemesis21 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:16 pm

I'm nervous for this series. I'd feel better if we had Acuna and Soroka healthy. Soler may miss some games or all of the series after testing positive for Covid. Word is he is vaccinated.

Braves are planning to give Morton extra rest, he will be in line for Game 3 and 7. Fried and Anderson will pitch this weekend.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by Ruzious » Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:14 pm

Nemesis21 wrote:I'm nervous for this series. I'd feel better if we had Acuna and Soroka healthy. Soler may miss some games or all of the series after testing positive for Covid. Word is he is vaccinated.

Braves are planning to give Morton extra rest, he will be in line for Game 3 and 7. Fried and Anderson will pitch this weekend.

I'm overly pumped for this series - probably too over-confident. I just feel like... we've got the 3 really tough starting pitchers you need in a series like this, the best infield in baseball, an OF put together at the trade deadline of experienced guys that understand what kind of opportunity this is for their careers, and a hot rested bullpen that throws relatively hard. And a team full of people that want this not just for themselves - but for Freddie. Is that too corny? I don't think so.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#8 » by Spud2nique » Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:41 pm

Ruzious wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:

Go Braves!

Hey, a couple of years ago, I said they should trade Fried because it seemed like he was never going to make the Braves starting rotation. So I think I got ya beat there.

Same. I didn’t think Fried would be as good as he is for sure. He was in the same boat as Folty for me. Definitely missing Soroka here but it’s definitely reminiscent of the early 90’s for me with the big 3 (4) (5) with Maddux, Glavine and Smoltzy. Throw in Avery and Charlie Lei. I’d love another 90’s run here in the 2020’s. The greed in me wants multiple rings but I’ll take one.

Looking forward to more glorious nervousness starting tomorrow!
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#9 » by Spud2nique » Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:47 pm

Ruzious wrote:
Nemesis21 wrote:I'm nervous for this series. I'd feel better if we had Acuna and Soroka healthy. Soler may miss some games or all of the series after testing positive for Covid. Word is he is vaccinated.

I'm overly pumped for this series - probably too over-confident. I just feel like... we've got the 3 really tough starting pitchers you need in a series like this, the best infield in baseball, an OF put together at the trade deadline of experienced guys that understand what kind of opportunity this is for their careers, and a hot rested bullpen that throws relatively hard. And a team full of people that want this not just for themselves - but for Freddie. Is that too corny? I don't think so.

Not at all. Freddie has been there throughout and he should be back with us but it’s about time to get him one. Still seems baseball players don’t move as much as basketball or football as far as free agency but to have a guy like Freddie with us a decade plus, nothing corny about running through a wall for that guy. Makes sense.

Im also confident in this series because of what you mentioned. A bit worried about the Soler absence but think others will step in. Bit more concerned with our defense in left field and some center. Guillermo is solid but Duvall and Rosario are super shaky. Duvall running the bases is shaky as well. His instincts seem a tad off, hopefully he gets it going because obviously he was the RBI leader in the NL and can produce with big pop.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#10 » by Spud2nique » Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:52 pm

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,012

Post#11 » by HMFFL » Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:57 am

Series price is LA Dodgers favored by -215.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#12 » by HMFFL » Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:17 pm

We have won three of the last ten meetings vs the Dodgers.

Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#13 » by Spud2nique » Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:50 pm

They knocked us out in the division series in 2013, 2018 and the NLCS last year. That’s 3 times in 8 years. I don’t want 4/9 years.

Also, Knebel game 1? What? In this mind games by Robert’s or shirtless Max is fatigued a bit? Do we stick to Fried? If so, game 1 becomes a must win for us being at home and having our ace out there.

Go Braves!

They won 106 but we have Joctober..
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#14 » by HMFFL » Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:37 pm

Hernández: Dave Roberts is right — the Dodgers won't suffer a letdown against the weaker Braves

Dave Roberts was emphatic.
“There’s no letdown,” he said.

Now in his sixth season as Dodgers manager, Roberts could speak with certainty.
Roberts knows the Dodgers won’t take for granted they will beat the Atlanta Braves in the National League Championship Series. He abided by baseball’s longstanding tradition of not making any guarantees, but the mindset he described is precisely why his team will thump the Braves.
Leave open the final week of this month, as well as maybe the first few days of November.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/column-dave-roberts-dodgers-wont-110058850.html

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#15 » by HMFFL » Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:14 am

Braves win, Braves win!

Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Post#16 » by Nemesis21 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:16 am

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#17 » by Spud2nique » Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:44 am

Awesome win! :clap:
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#18 » by HMFFL » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:33 pm

Said Braves manager Brian Sntiker: “It shows how these guys are growing and maturing. The moment isn’t too big for them because they’ve played in it.”

https://www.ajc.com/sports/mark-bradley-blog/riley-hits-albies-runs-the-braves-grab-game-1-in-a-walk-off/RMR3FHTY6NEOXKSSLUZYACJNAU/?ecmp=braves&utm_medium=social&utm_source=braves_fb

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#19 » by HMFFL » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:50 pm

Game 2

TODAY

Los Angeles Dodgers
M SCHERZER -R

Atlanta Braves