Freddie Freeman Free Agency Watch Party

Moderator: HMFFL

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,012

Freddie Freeman Free Agency Watch Party 

Post#1 » by HMFFL » Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:57 pm

While it appears that our front office has moved on Freddie is being linked to San Diego, Los Angeles, and Boston.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Re: Freddie Freeman Free Agency Watch Party 

Post#2 » by HMFFL » Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:57 pm

Jon Heyman of MLB Network reports that the Red Sox "remain very much in the mix" for free agent first baseman Freddie Freeman.

The expectation is that the Yankees are no longer in the running after re-signing Anthony Rizzo and that the Blue Jays have dropped out following their acquisition of Matt Chapman. It's safe to assume that the Braves are also done with their pursuit given the trade for Matt Olson and a subsequent long-term contract extension. Which leaves the Sox, Dodgers, Rays, and Padres as the known suitors for Freeman.

RELATED: 

Boston Red Sox

SOURCE: Jon Heyman on Twitter

Mar 16, 2022, 10:39 AM ET

atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,603

Post#3 » by atlantabbq99 » Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:36 am

Good bye and good luck Freddie! He will be missed. He is up there with Aaron, Murphy, Pendleton, and Chipper on Atlanta's greats.

I don't know if Jorge Soler can transition to 1st base, but with Acuna returning, it would be the best move for the Braves.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#4 » by HMFFL » Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:53 am

Jeff Passan and Kiley McDaniel of ESPN report that the Dodgers and free agent first baseman Freddie Freeman have agreed to a six-year, $162 million contract.

It's a phenomenal landing spot for the former National League MVP. Freeman will take over as the Dodgers' everyday first baseman and primary middle-of-the-order offensive catalyst. The 32-year-old slugger, who launched 31 round-trippers and posted a robust .896 OPS in his final season with the Braves, should benefit exponentially from the Dodgers' loaded lineup and remain a four-category fantasy stalwart for years to come.

RELATED: 

Los Angeles Dodgers

SOURCE: Kiley McDaniel on Twitter

Mar 17, 2022, 12:01 AM ET

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#5 » by HMFFL » Sun Mar 20, 2022 7:31 pm

Chipper Jones calls out Freddie Freeman for abandoning Braves

“I do not agree with the way that this was handled on Freddie’s side,” Jones said. “If you want to play in Atlanta, you play in Atlanta. You maybe take a little less to be happy and play in a place that is comfortable for you.”

“The second that Freddie told me that he rejected the 5 for $135 [million] after the All-Star break, I told him, ‘You’re playing a very dangerous game,'” Jones continued. “You go out on the free agent market, you get courted by all the pretty girls that are on the block, chances are, you’re not gonna come back. If you take your time waiting on that six-year [deal] into January, [Atlanta] has a job to do.”

Audio in Link

https://fansided.com/2022/03/19/chipper-jones-calls-out-freddie-freeman-braves/?a_aid=40734

atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,603

Post#6 » by atlantabbq99 » Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:40 am

HMFFL wrote:Chipper Jones calls out Freddie Freeman for abandoning Braves

“I do not agree with the way that this was handled on Freddie’s side,” Jones said. “If you want to play in Atlanta, you play in Atlanta. You maybe take a little less to be happy and play in a place that is comfortable for you.”

“The second that Freddie told me that he rejected the 5 for $135 [million] after the All-Star break, I told him, ‘You’re playing a very dangerous game,'” Jones continued. “You go out on the free agent market, you get courted by all the pretty girls that are on the block, chances are, you’re not gonna come back. If you take your time waiting on that six-year [deal] into January, [Atlanta] has a job to do.”

Audio in Link

https://fansided.com/2022/03/19/chipper-jones-calls-out-freddie-freeman-braves/?a_aid=40734

If i was ever a pro athlete i would like to think i would pick legacy over an extra $10 million (like Ray Lewis), but with that said, i never want to get in between a man and his money, because I don't know Freddie and his values. Maybe he wants the extra cash to get another mansion, maybe he wants to do philanthropy, give money back to the community, build schools in a 3rd world country, take care of his extended family, make another trust fund for his kids, etc?

With Acuña coming back, i would have loved to see Freddie and the Braves run it back for a possible two peat. But anyway, Braves are playing slugger ball and ATL has enough big bats to replace Freddie's production for next season.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#7 » by Ruzious » Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:05 pm

Chipper's certainly entitled to his opinion, and frankly I think he's right, but I feel like it's awkward for him to be talking publicly about the specifics of what Freddie turned down. It's like your big brother telling all your friends that you screwed up.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#8 » by Ruzious » Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:00 pm

https://theathletic.com/news/freddie-freeman-says-he-was-blindsided-by-braves-decision-to-trade-for-matt-olson/9qwGbFyWRckI/

I'm a little surprised by Freddie's reaction, and now I see why Chipper made his comments. Freddie's been in this business for how long? And the season was only about a month away, and he still hadn't made progress in negotiations... not to mention there had been plenty of talk that the Braves were interested in Olson... Freddie comes off as a little too naive on that one - and Chipper even warned him. We still love ya Freddie, but c'mon man. What Chipper said was right.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,500

Post#9 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:01 am

Read on Twitter

Return to Atlanta Braves