ImageImageImageImage

Off-Season Thread

sunshinekids99
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 228

Re: Off-Season Thread 

Post#81 » by sunshinekids99 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:32 am

I got really lucky or I'm Theo....I'll let you guys decide lol.

As for Jenks, seems like a bit much on the money to me. But Jenks did have his strikeout numbers increase which is obviously a good thing. Still I'd rather spend 6 million on two guys like Rauch/Wheeler then have just Jenks.

Still would like one more righty and need a lefty.

Lastly, to complete the Adrian Gonzalez trade the Sox sent Eric Patterson to the Padres. He was pretty solid for the team, but don't see how he fits.
sunshinekids99
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#82 » by sunshinekids99 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:49 pm

Sox bring in 6 guys with minor league contracts today.

Andrew Miller signed a minor league deal. Glad to have him back cause I think there is something there. His career numbers suck, but he is still 25 and had a huge amount of talent.

Rich Hill who was with the Sox last season. Did pitch 4 scoreless innings to end the season with the big club last year. Not a bad depth move.

Randy Williams he is older at 35 years old. Had pretty solid numbers in AAA last season with the White Sox. More depth.

Lenny DiNardo was mentioned earlier. Never really did a whole lot in his career, but was solid last year in AAA.

Clevelan Santeliz- 24 year old out of the White Sox orginizaztion. Hasn't done a whole lot in the minors, but still young.

Ryan Harvey is actually an outfielder turned pitcher. This will be his first year as a pitcher. He's 26 years old and can't hit. That's about all I got from his write up.
Dirty Water
Lead Assistant
And1: 9

Post#83 » by Dirty Water » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:20 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Rich Hill have mild success in the big leagues but just couldn't put it together? Maybe Boston could bring about some changes.

EDIT though the guy was like 26 turns out he's 30. Still tho.

What happened with Buccholz (Taylor that is)? I thought he was gonna be a good fit. Still a FA.
sunshinekids99
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#84 » by sunshinekids99 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:07 pm

Hill actually had a real good year with the Cubs. Back when I used to a write a small amount for this site I had Hill as one of my fantasy sleepers. Well he never woke up. Hill ended up having troubles with control, if he's past that there maybe something there. He's a local guy, so it's nice to see him get a bit of a shot.
Dirty Water
Lead Assistant

Post#85 » by Dirty Water » Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:01 pm

Sox sign Dan Wheeler, who has been very reliable for the Rays last few years. Also a local guy. Great signing.
Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,971

Post#86 » by Celtics_Champs » Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:05 pm

sunshinekids99 wrote:I got really lucky or I'm Theo....I'll let you guys decide lol.

As for Jenks, seems like a bit much on the money to me. But Jenks did have his strikeout numbers increase which is obviously a good thing. Still I'd rather spend 6 million on two guys like Rauch/Wheeler then have just Jenks.

Well, how bout both Wheeler and Jenks?

Theo is killin it this off-season.

Does he have one more big move in him? AKA trading papelbon? After the addition of Jenks and Wheeler, you have to at least question it.
sunshinekids99
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#87 » by sunshinekids99 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:26 pm

I just don't get Jenks for that price. He's having the same issues that Papelbon has had. Unless they see something that they can fix, I don't get it. You want a closer pay the price for Soriano and then move Papelbon.

I do like the Wheeler signing. He had a below average year last year, but he has a track record. For the price you really can't go wrong.

Still need a lefty. Howell would be awesome, but I'd be happy with a few other guys too.
Dirty Water
Lead Assistant

Post#88 » by Dirty Water » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:37 pm

Rockin a new sig. Who likes it? Who needs photoshop when you have MSPaint and google image search
Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,971

Post#89 » by Celtics_Champs » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:24 pm

I like it. Who is that though? Kinda looks like pedroia. :lol:
Dirty Water
Lead Assistant

Post#90 » by Dirty Water » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:31 pm

It is Pedroia.
Dirty Water
Lead Assistant

Post#91 » by Dirty Water » Mon Jan 3, 2011 4:11 pm

Okajima is back. I like our bullpen. Start the damn seasons already.
Dirty Water
Lead Assistant

Post#92 » by Dirty Water » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:33 pm

After the Pat's loss, we really need to start the damn season already.

I got my tickets today! I'm going to Patriots Day game (Blue Jays) and taking my dad to Father's Day game (Brewers). Am going to get one more game right now my buddy is an O's fan so might try to snatch up one of those game's in May up shouldn't be too hard.

That'll be it for now. Hopefully I can get to more games in the 2nd half of the season. Or save my monies up for a playoff game (knock on wood).
greenbeans
RealGM
And1: 14,099

Post#93 » by greenbeans » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:40 pm

Patriots Day game is the best. Meander over to Boylston St and watch the runners turn onto the homestretch afterwards. Great day.
Dirty Water
Lead Assistant

Post#94 » by Dirty Water » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:11 pm

greenbeans wrote:Patriots Day game is the best. Meander over to Boylston St and watch the runners turn onto the homestretch afterwards. Great day.

I used to go to this game every year until I moved away to college. Marathon got pushed back a couple hours a few years ago, so the finish happens about midway through the Sox game now. You still catch some of the stragglers like 3:30-4 hour marathoners. Who in my opinion, need more support anyway.
Dirty Water
Lead Assistant

Post#95 » by Dirty Water » Tue Feb 8, 2011 2:09 pm

Happy Truck Day! LOL
SundayForever
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#96 » by SundayForever » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:43 am

I just don't want to have to settle anymore if you want Crawford go and get him. No more Texeira like **** ups with this team.
Dirty Water
Lead Assistant

Post#97 » by Dirty Water » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:35 pm

uhhhhh....

Return to Boston Red Sox