ImageImageImageImage

Marco Scutuaro Appreciation Thread

Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,971

Marco Scutuaro Appreciation Thread 

Post#1 » by Celtics_Champs » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:21 pm

was traded to the rockies yesterday. I think it's meant to clear some money off the payroll and bring up iglesias.

Well, you were fun marco. Had some good games with us.
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 208

Re: Marco Scutuaro Appreciation Thread 

Post#2 » by TNBT » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:28 pm

Thanks for everything Marco. This trade was obviously done to clear cap space, and we better be using that cap space to sign a pitcher rather than putting it towards paying Ortiz's rediculous salary demands. Regarding the SS position though, most other Sox fans that I have spoken to on other forums seem to be of the opinion that the position will be split between Aviles and Punto. My personal preference would be for Iglesias to get the job, but it seems to be a pretty consensus opinion that he needs another year in AAA to work on his offensive game. Defensively he is already great, so I'm hoping that he finds some touch offensively sooner rather than later, as I really think/hope that he is our SS of the future.
Dirty Water
Lead Assistant
And1: 9

Re: Marco Scutuaro Appreciation Thread 

Post#3 » by Dirty Water » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:21 pm

Scutaro seemed like the only guy producing last year down the stretch (besides Ellsbury all-season). I'm sad to see him go, but realize at the same time he was probably gone at the end of 2012 anyway. He's a bit older than a lot of the guys we usually bring in at the revolving door at SS. Of all the guys, since Nomar I think he has been one of the most solid. Maybe that's because we expected much more out of guys like Renteria and Lugo, I guess I'd have to look at the numbers. Regardless, Scutaro came in, understood his role, kept his mouth shut and did his job. Thanks.

Return to Boston Red Sox