ImageImageImageImage

Drew Pomeranz acquired via Trade

jrob23
Starter
And1: 791

Drew Pomeranz acquired via Trade 

Post#1 » by jrob23 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:54 am

It was only a matter of time before Dave Dombrowski started selling off elite prospects. For those who don't know, Anderson Espinoza is the best right handed pitching prospect they've had since Roger Clemens. He throws in the upper 90s reaching 100 on occasion. He has three pitches and good command. Oh, and he's just 18 years old. Drew Pomeranze was traded for Yonder Alonzo. Yep, A.J. Preller (Padres G.M.) turned Yonder Alonzo into arguably a top 3 minor league arm. This would be like if the Dodgers traded Julio Urias or Pirates dealt Glasnow. What an awful trade. Drew Pomeranz is a decent left hander who has put up good numbers this season. He's been a journeyman 5th starter/long reliever and now is 27 y/o. Much of his success has been because he pitches in a division with 3 of the best ballparks for left handed pitchers. This trade is akin to when Jeff Bagwell was traded for Larry Anderson. Ughhhhh
North_of_Border
Pro Prospect
And1: 369

Re: Drew Pomeranz acquired via Trade 

Post#2 » by North_of_Border » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:42 pm

I was disappointed when Dave Dombrowski joined the Red Sox, mainly because the Blue Jays were in on him. He could have been Toronto's new boss but we missed out.

Now I'm happy as a Jays fan. This trade is an example why. Pomeranz is a very very good pitcher but the Sox over paid. Dombrowski has a history of this kinda dealing.

Only reason he can make the deals he has. Its only sustainable because their Red Sox are loaded in the farm. U can afford to deal the farm pieces, but that does not mean u have to over pay.

In Toronto. Without the luxury of the deep farm. Dambrowski would have killed the Jays future. I just hope he does not gut the Boston system and leave like he did in Detroit.

Eventually the young guys will be needed BIG new contracts and even Boston will not afford em All. That's why u need a farm. For long term sustainability

Return to Boston Red Sox