ImageImageImageImage

Trade targets?

Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,971

Re: Trade targets? 

Post#21 » by Celtics_Champs » Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:53 pm

As soon as BG calls Jack Wilson garbage, an article about pitt-boston talking comes out.

Shenanigans!

The lowell sit idea is interesting, no I do not think anyone here, nor on the radio brought that idea up.
greenbeans
RealGM
And1: 14,099

Post#22 » by greenbeans » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:41 pm

Any love for Soriano?
The Cubs are draggin ass and I'm sure they wouldn't mind the payroll flexibility with the state their ownership's in. A Soriano deal could also free up the money for a Peavy-esque deal for that starter they've been looking for, not to mention whatever young starter we give them.
Soriano's power numbers are there, but his avg is garbage atm. We have a couple options too due to his versatility of where to play him. Maybe he plays third and we moave Mike Lowells corpse to the bench? An eventual of spot when Drew breaks down in July? Can he play short, bb ref shows him to have played only 10 games there, so maybe not.
[crap against the wall/]
Dirty Water
Lead Assistant
And1: 9

Post#23 » by Dirty Water » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:30 pm

greenbeans wrote:Any love for Soriano?
The Cubs are draggin ass and I'm sure they wouldn't mind the payroll flexibility with the state their ownership's in. A Soriano deal could also free up the money for a Peavy-esque deal for that starter they've been looking for, not to mention whatever young starter we give them.
Soriano's power numbers are there, but his avg is garbage atm. We have a couple options too due to his versatility of where to play him. Maybe he plays third and we moave Mike Lowells corpse to the bench? An eventual of spot when Drew breaks down in July? Can he play short, bb ref shows him to have played only 10 games there, so maybe not.
[crap against the wall/]

Play Soriano at third? Tell me you are not serious. Might as well play him at short....lol or second and move Pedroia to short.
greenbeans
RealGM

Post#24 » by greenbeans » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:24 pm

His defense can't be much worse than what Lowell's giving us, that guy is a corpse. For his own sake I'd like to see him traded somewhere he can dh full time(barring papi not disapperaing again).
I still think Soriano's a player we should be looking at. We can fit him in somewhere.
Dirty Water
Lead Assistant
And1: 9

Post#25 » by Dirty Water » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:47 pm

greenbeans wrote:His defense can't be much worse than what Lowell's giving us, that guy is a corpse. For his own sake I'd like to see him traded somewhere he can dh full time(barring papi not disapperaing again).
I still think Soriano's a player we should be looking at. We can fit him in somewhere.
I do agree with you that Lowell is the closest thing to a traffic cone over there are third base, but I think we are pretty stocked as it is. With Papi starting to hit again I can't see us dealing for anyone who isn't a shortstop. I mean look at our outfield, we have Bladelli AND Kotsay for goodness sake, Soriano only creates more of a logjam. I can't see trading for Soriano based on his offensive production alone meanwhile Lowell is giving us a solid year offensively so far in his own right.
greenbeans
RealGM

Post#26 » by greenbeans » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:18 pm

Damn you and your sensibility
greenbeans
RealGM

Post#27 » by greenbeans » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:25 am

Apparently the Brewers would be willing to deal Hardy, if it means a big-time pitcher is coming their way.

Maybe we can flip some of our pitching prospects to a 3rd team that would ship out a no.1 pitcher to Milwaukee, and we'd get Hardy back.
Bowden/Milwaukee prospect X to Cleveland
Cliff Lee to Milwaukee
JJ Hardy to Boston
Hardy isn't having his best year, and Milwaukee has a kid waiting in the wings, so it may not even take a high level prospect to get him.
All depends on how the fo views Lowrie though.
Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#28 » by Celtics_Champs » Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:44 pm

I've been wanting a shortstop, but there is just nothing that would be that much of an upgrade, out there. Hardy would be nice if he gets dealt.

Is anyone expecting something big? I don't want to get my hopes up, but I think so. Hints are dropping all over the place. Theo saying he wants to win it all this year. NESN (owned by sox ownership) promoting their trade deadline show by saying, what will be the big deal this year? And then there was one of the owners who said something along the lines that if Doc goes to the Yanks, the sox would have to match.

Another question is, if all the prospects are about the same. Which package would you rather want

Roy Halladay

or

Cliff Lee
Victor Martinez
JCizzle
Rookie
And1: 1

Post#29 » by JCizzle » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:30 am

About the same? I take Lee and VMart - a + bat and + pitcher is better than a ++ pitcher IMO. With that said I think we should hold on to what we have. I'd rather have our upcoming core for the next 5-6 years than either package.

Bard has already proven he is an incredible MLB pitcher, Buch has great stuff if he can put it together mentally and Casey Kelly is on his way too. (all the players I think would be included)
timd1218
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 0

Post#30 » by timd1218 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:05 pm

Jack Wilson is not playing for the Pirates tonight. I read a Boston Radio Station is saying Wilson will be on the Red Sox.
I know what you're thinking. We're in the middle of a city, what's a hawk doing there?
Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#31 » by Celtics_Champs » Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:35 am

What?!? Link?

I had a feeling Laroche wasn't the only pirate coming to the sox. If Wilson comes, then I expect another big deal to follow, one which might involve lowrie being added to the halladay package.

Oh man, theo is working the lines this deadline.
timd1218
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#32 » by timd1218 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:47 am

Celtics_Champs wrote:What?!? Link?

I had a feeling Laroche wasn't the only pirate coming to the sox. If Wilson comes, then I expect another big deal to follow, one which might involve lowrie being added to the halladay package.

Oh man, theo is working the lines this deadline.

I don't remember the link. Russell said pre-game Wilson was being held out because he'll be playing tomorrow.

I'm sure if Wilson gets traded, it will go to Boston. LaRoche and Bay are probably talking him up. He is a helluva defensive SS, so he'll help big time there.
I know what you're thinking. We're in the middle of a city, what's a hawk doing there?
Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#33 » by Celtics_Champs » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:06 am

I like wilson. Just for this year though.
Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#34 » by Celtics_Champs » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:50 pm

timd1218
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#35 » by timd1218 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:58 pm

Celtics_Champs wrote:Nevermind on wilson

http://baseball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ ... son_snell/

Just seen that. Too bad. I would have liked to see Wilson go to Boston. I like Boston.
Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#36 » by Celtics_Champs » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:07 pm

you guys got clement?!? Wow, that's a hell of a deal for you. I remember this past season he was in the big three of young catchers the sox were interested in.
timd1218
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#37 » by timd1218 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:21 pm

Celtics_Champs wrote:you guys got clement?!? Wow, that's a hell of a deal for you. I remember this past season he was in the big three of young catchers the sox were interested in.

From what I have read about the prospects, I like this deal a lot. The only thing about Clement I don't like his he is having knee problems and is moving to 1st base. I guess that is fine because the Pirates have Tony Sanchez, their 1st overall pick this past draft, and he is hitting the ball a lot better then projected.
JCizzle
Rookie
And1: 1

Post#38 » by JCizzle » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:03 pm

The only negative I've read about Clement is that he has choked in his time in the majors thus-far. I do like the deal though, young catchers with his kind of upside are hard to find. He sounds kinda like the Clay Buchholz of catchers, lol.
nitetrain8603
RealGM
And1: 1,697

Post#39 » by nitetrain8603 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:03 am

You guys have BadAss, Brian Anderson, on the squad. One of the best defensive OFers I've ever seen in my life. Makes the hardest plays seem routine. Honestly, I think my White Sox screwed up his development, particularly Ozzie Guillen who has no patience for youngsters at all. Whenever he got hot at the plate, he would be benched or an injury would happen. Also, our hitting coach sucks really really really bad. Regardless, I think the Red Sox got a diamond in the rough with him.

Return to Boston Red Sox