ImageImageImageImage

THANK YOU NOMAR!

Mike-Dub
Ballboy
And1: 0

THANK YOU NOMAR! 

Post#1 » by Mike-Dub » Tue Jul 7, 2009 2:20 am

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/gallery/2009/07_01_09_nomar_returns/

Nomar Garciaparra through the years
Nomar Garciaparra was one of the best and most popular players in Red Sox team history before he was traded on July 31, 2004 . He returned to Boston on Monday for the first time in a visitor's uniform -- as a member of the Oakland Athletics. "I love 'em. I love the way they treated me," Garciaparra said of Red Sox fans before Monday's game. Here's a look back at Garciaparra's tenure with the Sox and what he's been up to in the years since.
greenbeans
RealGM
And1: 14,099

Re: THANK YOU NOMAR! 

Post#2 » by greenbeans » Tue Jul 7, 2009 2:36 pm

Some all-time great revisionist history with this Nomar story.
This guy sulked his way out of town and was a complete baby about the situation his last year here. I can enjoy the love for what he did pre-04, but let's not act like the bad times never happened.
Dirty Water
Lead Assistant
And1: 9

Post#3 » by Dirty Water » Wed Jul 8, 2009 3:04 am

greenbeans wrote:Some all-time great revisionist history with this Nomar story.
This guy (blah blah blah blah blah blah)

Give it up. Nomar was my idol growing up and I will glady support him. Things may not have worked out great for him after he was traded out of town but no need to sh_t on him while he's down. Deep down, he's a great guy and he was able to enjoy his time here for the most part. He had beef with management, not the fans. That's why you should support him. It's a business and sometimes stuff happens. Yeah he turned down a lot of money, but sometimes people get bad advice. You don't know everything about him, so don't act like he's the enemy. He's a human being.
greenbeans
RealGM
And1: 14,099

Post#4 » by greenbeans » Wed Jul 8, 2009 3:45 am

Ghost of the Garden aka Lou Merloni wrote:Give it up. Nomar was... slurp slurp slurp....

To be fair to me I've been s******g on Nomar since well before he left. So no matter what we're not agreeing on this one, lol. And both arguments are old and tired so I'll just drop it.

Return to Boston Red Sox