Image Image Image Image

How much longer till Hendry gets canned?

treyZz
Banned User
And1: 0

How much longer till Hendry gets canned? 

Post#1 » by treyZz » Thu May 17, 2007 6:32 am

It's so long overdue. Hendry is almost as big of a loser as Jacque Jones. How much longer do we have to suffer with an incompetent GM?

Hendry is a bottom feeder.

I really hope we don't have to wait for new ownership for him to get canned. Great offseason Jim! :roll:
GYBE
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 358

Post#2 » by GYBE » Thu May 17, 2007 11:58 am

This offseason wasn't even that terrible, but it was mediocre. And when you add that to the past two offseasons (mediocre, awful) it comes out as three years of horrible decision making.

His biggest mistake to me was with Beltran in 2005. Instead of really going after him, Hendry was a few million short on his initial bid and instead decided to spend the money on a bunch of mediocre players (Howry, Eyre, Neifi, etc) instead of one great one. Same thing happened with Tejada, the Cubs let a few million stand in the way of a superstar and instead dispersed the payroll over several weak players.

This last offseason is where Hendry finally signed a big star. Unfortunately I don't think Soriano is nearly as valuable as Beltran.

8)
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,847

Post#3 » by Ayt » Thu May 17, 2007 2:16 pm

They possibly could have signed Vladimir several years ago as well. The deal he ended up with is a huge bargain.
treyZz
Banned User

Post#4 » by treyZz » Thu May 17, 2007 10:19 pm

It was a mediocre offseason at best.

Fat boy didn't address the bullpen issues. Ignored OBP. & Didn't get rid of Jones for some god unknown reason.

Hendry needs to get canned.
Tbone23
Pro Prospect

Post#5 » by Tbone23 » Fri May 18, 2007 3:57 am

Once this team is sold, I'm sure Hendry is as good as gone.

He did okay on signing Marquis and Lilly, but I have no idea why we had to get DeRosa when Theriot was tearing it up last year.

Soriano's deal is way too long and we'll be suffering from that one for awhile.
Bosh has trademarked the name Homo Ostrich in order to prevent announcers and fans from using it to describe his game.
Flames24Rulz
Head Coach
And1: 343

Post#6 » by Flames24Rulz » Fri May 18, 2007 6:00 am

He's definitely gone once the team is sold. He's not going to be fired mid-season, no matter how bad the team is.

His SP signings were good, BUT he is almost entirely to blame for the inflated market for pitching. Two offseasons ago, he shocked everyone with gigantic deals for Howry and Eyre. Then he gives Ted Lilly $10 million and Jason Marquis $7 million. The reason why we're so bad with a high payroll is because the guy doesn't know how to spend his money correctly.
treyZz
Banned User

Post#7 » by treyZz » Thu May 24, 2007 4:16 am

bump

Return to Chicago Cubs