ImageImageImage

Iguuodala trade talk 2.0:Sixer by the draft's conclusion?

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

Will Iguodala be a Sixer when the draft is over?

Yes, he won't be traded
45%
No, he'll be traded
55%

Total votes: 71

LongLiveHinkie
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Iguuodala trade talk 2.0:Sixer by the draft's conclusion? 

Post#1 » by LongLiveHinkie » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:46 am

When the Monta Ellis rumors first started to surface, people that covered the Sixers were saying to look for something to happen close to or during the draft. People like Dei Lynam have said the Sixers would ideally like to deal Iguodala by or during the draft.

So, I just want to poll the board. When the draft concludes, will Iguodala still be a Sixer?
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,561

Re: Think Iguodala's still a Sixer by the draft's conclusion 

Post#2 » by 76ciology » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:09 am

MisterRudolph @shrig021 @jgmagic3 ... I'm thinking Iggy will be a Clipper on Thursday.
about 6 hours ago in reply to shrig021
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Don
Rookie
And1: 9

Post#3 » by Don » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:34 am

They better not trade him to the Clippers for Kaman. If they trade him to the Warriors, it may help with ticket sales, because the casual fan may be wowed by ppg stats. No other reason for Thorn to go after Ellis that I can think of. The only guy I want from the Clippers is Griffin. I don't see anyone in the draft that's a sure bet as a better player than Iguodala.
Foshan
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 1,938

Post#4 » by Foshan » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:56 am

I just read an article on HW, and a 'source' close to the team said that they wanted to get the deal settled before the draft so that it would help direct them in the draft (wing/big), and then proceeded to say that if they got Kaman, then they'd be more comfortable drafting a wing... THEN said that they like the financial flexibility that Kaman brings in that he's an expiring deal... sooo your not going to take a big because you have Kaman, and then acknowledge Kaman is most likely gone after a year...

<boogle>

My hopes of our FO not getting Sodomized in an Iggy deal are quickly dropping.
sixerswillrule
RealGM
And1: 3,595

Post#5 » by sixerswillrule » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:03 pm

Not only that, but they supposedly rejected a deal in the past that would give them that flexibility AND an actual future piece(Przybilla and Batum). Makes sense.....
Tony Franciosa
Sixth Man
And1: 950

Post#6 » by Tony Franciosa » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:48 pm

I think he's gone - Thorn was noncommittal either way in the Cooney piece on philly.com this morning. But there's too much smoke.
SJSF
Banned User
And1: 310

Post#7 » by SJSF » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:53 pm

Kaman would be a good move for this team. Iggy needs to go. Centers are more important then wings. And then the Sixers can draft another big in the draft.
dukeknicksirish
Veteran
And1: 1,915

Post#8 » by dukeknicksirish » Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:54 pm

He is going to be a 76er... then they will be a force u wont/don't want to reckon with....

5.DeAndre Jordan
4.Blake Griffin
3.Andre Iguodala
2.Eric Gordon
1.Eric Bleadsoe
IUPUI Basketball Alum / Former College Coach
Kova
Veteran
And1: 712

Post#9 » by Kova » Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:56 pm

Trading Iguodala for either Ellis or Kaman, in any kind of deal, wouldn't make any notable difference.. And messing around with financial flexibility isn't gonna do it.. Sixers need a blockbuster deal, thats it..
ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,965

Post#10 » by ankle420breaker » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:13 pm

It wouldn't surprise me to see him go, but it also wouldn't surprise me to see him stay and see someone like Lou and/or Speights go instead, possibly along with our 16th pick.

A lot of gamble trades occur on draft night. Teams are willing to move valuable pieces based on their feelings toward certain prospects and I'd imagine certain trade scenarios are brought to the table at the eleventh hour that weren't available prior to draft night.

You have teams that could be willing to move their glue guy for a young player that could potentially bud into a star (example: Battier for Gay).

You have teams looking to rebuild who are willing to gamble their star player for some salary relief and a prospect they hope could help move them in another direction (example: J. Richardson for B. Wright).

You even have teams that try to evaluate the talent pool and decide if a current NBA player could help more than anyone available at that pick (example: Boston's 5th overall pick for Telfair).

Obviously, some of these deals turn out to be fairly one-sided, but the likelihood to hit a home run is probably at its most favorable on draft night.... only problem is the same can be said for the likelihood to strike out. Should be interesting. God I love draft week!
corwin
Lead Assistant
And1: 13

Post#11 » by corwin » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:14 pm

If Iggy is traded for Kaman (mostly about money), it just goes to show what an epic failure his signing was. Many of us were b*ll s**t when he was given that 80M escalating salary by the Stiff & now 3 years later he has to be given away for an expiring because he can't live up to that contract. In the real world, people get fired for such major screw-ups. Not the Sixers though.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,107

Post#12 » by Kobblehead » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:20 pm

I do think Iguodala will be gone by Thursday morning at the latest. I'm just hoping we don't take back Aminu along with Kamen.
bmyers3317
Rookie
And1: 8

Post#13 » by bmyers3317 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:24 pm

Kobblehead wrote:I do think Iguodala will be gone by Thursday morning at the latest. I'm just hoping we don't take back Aminu along with Kamen.

Why? What's your thoughts on Aminu?
P2K
Analyst
And1: 54

Post#14 » by P2K » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:28 pm

Always said Iguodala won't go anywhere. I'll stick to that.
EMBRACE THE PROCESS
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#15 » by Kobblehead » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:31 pm

I just really dislike Aminu as a player. He's an intriguing player in that he's long, athletic, and has defensive potential. But his negatives far outweigh the things he does for your basketball team. He's a black hole that thinks he has handles, he might be the worst shooter on our team if we acquired him, and he's destined to be an undersized PF when his development is all said and done. This is all my opinion of course. I personally believe he's a journeyman in the making and not worth the minutes needed to evaluate him before we come to this realization.
Skates
Head Coach
And1: 3,776

Post#16 » by Skates » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:38 pm

I think he is gone before next season starts. There may be technical, CBA related reasons why he is still here after the draft, but I think he has played his last game as a Sixer.
bmyers3317
Rookie
And1: 8

Post#17 » by bmyers3317 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:41 pm

Kobblehead wrote:I just really dislike Aminu as a player. He's an intriguing player in that he's long, athletic, and has defensive potential. But his negatives far outweigh the things he does for your basketball team. He's a black hole that thinks he has handles, he might be the worst shooter on our team if we acquired him, and he's destined to be an undersized PF when his development is all said and done. This is all my opinion of course. I personally believe he's a journeyman in the making and not worth the minutes needed to evaluate him before we come to this realization.

Ok, fair enough. My thought is the more assets the better. Maybe someone in the 9-16 range likes Aminu, then you trade the 16th and your new asset (Aminu) for a pick slightly higher to pick the guy you target. I say the more assets the better but I agree with you if you want another player In place of Aminu or your just talking about if the Sixers have long term plans for him.
KrazySixersD
General Manager
And1: 1,008

Post#18 » by KrazySixersD » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:43 pm

i agree with kobblehead... i dont think anything of aminu either..

i like either the kaman or ellis deal, because its a better FIT for us... we NEED a center, and guys, kaman is a very good center.. hes still relatively young. If he performs well, and he might want to stay with us since we took a chance on him. We know brand and kaman works together.

the one thing we would need to do is acquire a defensive SF who can hit the 3... there are plenty of those kind of journeymen out there.. maybe a deal for a guy like pietrus(tho i think he is a boneheaded chucker) but he can hit the 3 and play defense.

this would allow turner to start at the 2, which is better than him starting at the 3 with meeks in my opinion.

something like:
holiday
turner
pietrus?
brand
kaman

thats a good team, better than last year, especially considering holiday and turner will be improved as well

you still have a deep bench with lou, meeks, thad, and 16 draft pick... if we could land biyombo somehow.. that would be unbelievable
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#19 » by Kobblehead » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:43 pm

If we use Aminu as a piece in another separate package, then that would be fine.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,561

Post#20 » by 76ciology » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:44 pm

corwin wrote:If Iggy is traded for Kaman (mostly about money), it just goes to show what an epic failure his signing was. Many of us were b*ll s**t when he was given that 80M escalating salary by the Stiff & now 3 years later he has to be given away for an expiring because he can't live up to that contract. In the real world, people get fired for such major screw-ups. Not the Sixers though.

I can't blame the management for getting too excited for signing Iguodala and EB42 to huge contract. Remember back then how good our team was, on paper? The Andre Miller-Iguodala-Thad-EB42-Dalembert line-up pretty much looked like a top 4 team in the east back then. 

What was disappointing was the player development of Iguodala, EB42 and Thad Young. Iguodala never developed his outside shooting nor scoring ability. Thad, who was synonymous with the word potential, never developed his dribbling ability and looks like he is more comfortable being a PF. And EB42 never got back to his 20/10/2 form. 

We gave that vision it's chances for three years and I just think that the time has come to cut  this vision short. That's why I'm not a fan of the Monta Ellis trade, for it would just prolong our agony. Trading fo Kaman, gives our team, DC and EB42 it's last hurrah next season. And after that, the future looks bright with a lotto pick, cap space, ET, and Jrue.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers