ImageImageImage

I think I got Lawson figured out

Moderator: THE J0KER

swinginhorseman
Ballboy
And1: 1

I think I got Lawson figured out 

Post#1 » by swinginhorseman » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:53 pm

That guy is super quick get by his defenders without a problem and is great for that. I think Lawson's problem is that he is so scared of getting his shot blocked and being a highlight for espn. He thinks pass even before driving the lane. I see him pass up so many shots.

I wish he would just keep attacking rim and eventually the assists will be there.

Dont get me wrong I still think he is a great fit for the nuggets.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Re: I think I got Lawson figured out 

Post#2 » by The Rebel » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:11 pm

I don't think that is Lawson's problem at all, I believe he is just not a very aggressive guy. If you look through his history with the Nuggets that has been his 2 previous head coaches complaint and if you even go back to his college days he would do the same type of stuff. That is one reason he will never be a true leader on the team, and that is always going to be his big problem in taking the next tep to be the all star type that he has the physical talent to be.
swinginhorseman
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#3 » by swinginhorseman » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:17 pm

The Rebel wrote:I don't think that is Lawson's problem at all, I believe he is just not a very aggressive guy. If you look through his history with the Nuggets that has been his 2 previous head coaches complaint and if you even go back to his college days he would do the same type of stuff. That is one reason he will never be a true leader on the team, and that is always going to be his big problem in taking the next tep to be the all star type that he has the physical talent to be.

Your right that the coaches have complained about that in his game. I see Lawson pass up easy shots to pass it outside. Im not quite sure what his mind set is or maybe he just doesnt see the floor in that way.

It might even be a free throw issue. I know that going to the free throw line can be intimidating when the whole squad couldnt buy a free throw.

I hope he is just playing scared because if he doesnt have that vision by now eeek!
JerrySloan
Junior
And1: 54

Post#4 » by JerrySloan » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:59 pm

I don't think that is Lawson's problem at all, I believe he is just not a very aggressive guy. If you look through his history with the Nuggets that has been his 2 previous head coaches complaint and if you even go back to his college days he would do the same type of stuff. That is one reason he will never be a true leader on the team, and that is always going to be his big problem in taking the next tep to be the all star type that he has the physical talent to be.

I think that his psychological makeup is just too hard to define unless you know the guy really well.

The fact is that, playing for Karl, Lawson did have identifiable series of games where he was more aggressive and took it to the hole successfully with regularity. Unfortunately, those periods could run anywhere for 5-10 or, at best, 15-25 games and then he would revert to a much more passive style.

Once Shaw took over, the aggressive periods became less and less frequent. In reality, with the right coach, Lawson could easily be a top 10-15 PG, averaging a productive 16 PPG and 9-10 APG but, of course always a defensive liability and, as you say, not a team leader.

That said, a guy like Chandler, even if he could remain completely healthy, also has the personality to defer far too often, offensively and Gallo has some of that as well.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,256

Post#5 » by skywalker33 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:54 pm

Definitely seems like Lawson goes as his intensity with his coach goes. t will be interesting to see who the next HC is IMO.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!

Return to Denver Nuggets