ImageImageImage

**** yea!!! we got a lottery talent coming!!! And the Heat-Board offical pick is...*POLL*

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

Our first option on draft night should be :

Mario Hezonja
19%
Stanley Johnson
24%
Justise Winslow
14%
Devin Booker
12%
Kelly Oubre
10%
Myles Turner
1%
Kristaps Porzingis
3%
Willie Cauley-Stein
3%
Frank Kaminsky (**** off)
15%
Trey Lyles
1%

Total votes: 117

goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,295

Re: **** yea!!! we got a lottery talent coming!!! And the Heat-Board offical pick is...*POLL* 

Post#141 » by goodboy » Fri May 22, 2015 6:01 am

Burnie Riley wrote:I saw this discussed on another forum:

Stanley Johnson Freshman year per 40:
19.4 pts, 9.1 reb, 2.3 ast, 2.1 stl, 0.6 blk, 3 TO, 47.8% from 2 and 37% from 3

Paul Pierce Freshman year per 40:
18.7 pts, 8.4 reb, 2.8 ast, 2 stl, 1.3 blk, 3.7 TO, 47.8% from 2 and 30% from 3

Athletic Paul Pierce 8-)
Bright
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 239,684

Re: **** yea!!! we got a lottery talent coming!!! And the Heat-Board offical pick is...*POLL* 

Post#142 » by IggieCC » Fri May 22, 2015 6:20 am

HeatWillRise wrote:Stan the Man leading the poles :rock:

Look who's in the 3rd despite Rex's name calling :rofl:
Spoiler:
3rd best winnng%(73.3%) + most wins(11w) = best true winning % OP
Sole Multiple Banner Holder of 2021-2022 SZN. FACTS
QUIZ
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 78,762

Post#143 » by QUIZ » Fri May 22, 2015 6:26 am

IggieCC wrote:

Spoiler:

I'm convinced that Rex is a HUGE Kentucky fan. Not only does he hate Kaminsky as a prospect he also hates him as a person. He's sees Kaminsky as the worlds biggest Douchebag.
Don’t let us get one. — Nikola Jovic

Dru Smith very lucky he got that 500k this year. He should invest and manage a subway after all this-MettaWorldPanda
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#144 » by IggieCC » Fri May 22, 2015 6:39 am

qjz123 wrote:
IggieCC wrote:

Spoiler:

I'm convinced that Rex is a HUGE Kentucky fan. Not only does he hate Kaminsky as a prospect he also hates him as a person. He's sees Kaminsky as the worlds biggest Douchebag.

Uh-huh. Good detective work Q poster :)

Spoiler:
QUIZ
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#145 » by QUIZ » Fri May 22, 2015 7:04 am

IggieCC wrote:
qjz123 wrote:
IggieCC wrote:Look who's in the 3rd despite Rex's name calling :rofl:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

:o
Spoiler:
:noway:

Dru Smith very lucky he got that 500k this year. He should invest and manage a subway after all this-MettaWorldPanda
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#146 » by IggieCC » Fri May 22, 2015 7:07 am

qjz123 wrote:
IggieCC wrote:

Spoiler:

I also think that Stanley Johnson is getting too many suspicious votes and should be disqualified from the poll. Namely that insane poster from Russia who's banned numerous times in the past. He clearly has an access to multiple IP addresses.
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,295

Post#147 » by goodboy » Fri May 22, 2015 7:16 am

IggieCC wrote:
qjz123 wrote:
Spoiler:

I also think that Stanley Johnson is getting too many suspicious votes and should be disqualified from the poll. Namely that insane poster from Russia who's banned numerous times in the past. He clearly has an access to multiple IP addresses.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Bright
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,453

Post#148 » by RexBoyWonder » Fri May 22, 2015 9:59 am

People are just scared of Euros.

I think a lot of voters Aren't aware that Mario Hezo played for a Barcelona team that is top 3 in all of Europe and would smoke the best NCAA teams.

Anyway Stanley is a good pick too, he's my #2.

BTW Results can still change, it's an open poll so anyone can change his vote at any time by clicking on another option and then clicking "submit vote" button.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,453

Post#149 » by RexBoyWonder » Fri May 22, 2015 10:09 am

IggieCC wrote:
qjz123 wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

It's true, little known fact is I was responsible to the biggest regular season win in Heat history.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-4xwcxo9gk[/youtube]

http://www.basketball-reference.com/box ... 30MIA.html

Outplayed prime MJ. :wordyo:
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
QUIZ
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#150 » by QUIZ » Fri May 22, 2015 11:10 am

RexBoyWonder wrote:[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-4xwcxo9gk[/youtube]

http://www.basketball-reference.com/box ... 30MIA.html

Outplayed prime MJ. :wordyo:

Who was responsible for this historic game?

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6xuGPAAs6Q[/youtube]

King_Supreme
Sixth Man
And1: 1,140

Post#151 » by King_Supreme » Fri May 22, 2015 11:15 am

dancing2thabeet wrote:
King_Supreme wrote:Am I the only one who would take Turner if Hezonja, Kristaps, and Johnson are not there?

You no like Booker? :noway:

No I wouldn't take him top 10, probably not even lotto.
I know I'll get flamed for saying this, but he can't create his own shot; not an elite athlete(he's decent athletically though), not the best finisher, and has limited upside. I understand the Klay comparisons, but Golden State is pretty good at developing talent and we're absolutely awful at developing players. Not too mention guys who can just shoot, haven't had much success of late, Ben McElmore; Doug McDermott, Nik Stauskas, and Jimmer are still struggling or have struggled in the NBA.

If you're high on Booker and want him at 10, more power to you, but I just don't see it with him. If Devin turns out to be a great or even good pro, I'll gladly eat crow, but I'm not a believer in him right now.
dancing2thabeet
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,681

Post#152 » by dancing2thabeet » Fri May 22, 2015 11:25 am

I hear you, I'd preffer Stanley, Hezonja or even Oubre for the upside - but we desperately need elite shooting.
orphicwhip wrote:
goodboy wrote:Man I got the flu, still will watch my team play though.

McBob shares the same mentality.
Big Dee Chi-Born
Sixth Man
And1: 79

Post#153 » by Big Dee Chi-Born » Fri May 22, 2015 4:05 pm

If Stanley falls to #10 I find it too hard to pass on him even though I feel he's missing something. I can't put my finger on it. Is it the fact that he's not an elite athlete? Is the fact that he's not that great of finisher around the rim? I'm just not sure.

But I like the thought of getting the kid from Texas or Booker even though I haven't seen much of him.
Zasterror
RealGM
And1: 10,019

Re: 

Post#154 » by Zasterror » Fri May 22, 2015 4:20 pm

Big Dee Chi-Born wrote:If Stanley falls to #10 I find it too hard to pass on him even though I feel he's missing something. I can't put my finger on it. Is it the fact that he's not an elite athlete? Is the fact that he's not that great of finisher around the rim? I'm just not sure.

But I like the thought of getting the kid from Texas or Booker even though I haven't seen much of him.

I agree with you for the most part. Him being that huge for his position but not being a good finisher is highly questionable. Maybe it is his mentality. He has good ball-handling for his size and a bit quicker than his size suggest, you would think he would just slam it each and every time but not everybody can be LeBron James lol. But his defense thooooo...
cyclix
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,636

Post#155 » by cyclix » Fri May 22, 2015 5:24 pm

Stanley Johnson won't be available at 10 most likely. I can see Booker and Oubre still there, but even some teams above us are looking at both. I like Booker and Stanley Johnson. Not a fan of Hezonja or Oubre. I think Booker is a better prospect than Hezonja and more skilled. Hezonja is just taller to me. Thats it.
UD4MVP
Veteran
And1: 3,091

Post#156 » by UD4MVP » Fri May 22, 2015 5:25 pm

cyclix wrote:Stanley Johnson won't be available at 10 most likely. I can see Booker and Oubre still there, but even some teams above us are looking at both. I like Booker and Stanley Johnson. Not a fan of Hezonja or Oubre. I think Booker is a better prospect than Hezonja and more skilled. Hezonja is just taller to me. Thats it.

I'm a big booker fan but Hezonja has dunk contest athleticism lol.
UD4MVP
Veteran

Post#157 » by UD4MVP » Fri May 22, 2015 5:29 pm

I kinda didn't realize this until now but Booker's like about the same height of Winslow and Stanley..Those two are probably gonna get moved to the 2 once their handle gets to that level.
cyclix
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,636

Post#158 » by cyclix » Fri May 22, 2015 5:35 pm

UD4MVP wrote:
cyclix wrote:Stanley Johnson won't be available at 10 most likely. I can see Booker and Oubre still there, but even some teams above us are looking at both. I like Booker and Stanley Johnson. Not a fan of Hezonja or Oubre. I think Booker is a better prospect than Hezonja and more skilled. Hezonja is just taller to me. Thats it.

James Ennis is athletic too. I care about ball skills and IQ the most. Booker has a great off ball catch-and-shoot game as well as a good dribble-drive-and-pull-up game. He will help the Heat immediately. He is 3 years Hezonja junior, so that is significant as well. Booker is quick on his feet and displays some athleticism as well. He can play above the rim as well, and foesn't have the character issues Hezonja has. I like Booker over Hezonja easily. Hezonja moves too vertical.
UD4MVP
Veteran

Post#159 » by UD4MVP » Fri May 22, 2015 5:50 pm

cyclix wrote:
UD4MVP wrote:

James Ennis is athletic too. I care about ball skills and IQ the most. Booker has a great off ball catch-and-shoot game as well as a good dribble-drive-and-pull-up game. He will help the Heat immediately. He is 3 years Hezonja junior, so that is significant as well. Booker is quick on his feet and displays some athleticism as well. He can play above the rim as well, and foesn't have the character issues Hezonja has. I like Booker over Hezonja easily. Hezonja moves too vertical.

Hezonja's only a year older than him though, and might be just as good as a shooter. There's a gigantic difference between Mario and Ennis...
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LB4i_vKvj4o[/youtube]
This was pretty much his role for that team. Ball skills and IQ aren't a weakness for Hezonja. The only thing I hear about as a negative is "Oh that guys an international he's not gonna be good "(I'm not gonna go into detail over how stupid this is) and attitude. I wanna hear specifics about attitude before judging a guy cause that's a pretty broad definition. A player could be an ultra competitive **** or be a pothead like Beas.
UD4MVP
Veteran

Post#160 » by UD4MVP » Fri May 22, 2015 5:55 pm

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZAEWCfRrJY[/youtube]
This was where Oubre started to pick it up after being in the doghouse for the beginning of the season. I do like the other wings more but this guy is kinda tempting despite the rawness of his game. Situation can really affect player development, and having him play with a fast paced drive and kick PG in Goran and the length he brings to go with our long wingspan frontcourt is intriguing. He's gonna have to show Riley pre-draft that he isn't that guy from the beginning of KU's season.

Return to Miami Heat