ImageImageImageImageImage

What do you think of these Knicks Concept Jerseys?

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, HerSports85, Capn'O, dakomish23, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK

MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Re: What do you think of these Knicks Concept Jerseys? 

Post#21 » by MaseInYourFace » Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:35 am

They are okay.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
MaseInYourFace
RealGM

Post#22 » by MaseInYourFace » Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:37 am

The_Guy wrote:The Knicks should go in a completely different direction and maybe go with new colors. They've had the ugliest uniform in the NBA for a long time now, which is ironic, since NY is the fashion capital of the world.

I think the home whites have remained a classic uni. Compared to a lot of teams the Knicks haven't messed around with their unis too much which is a good thing IMO. I've always felt they could improve on the road unis though.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
The_Guy
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#23 » by The_Guy » Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:42 am

MaseInYourFace wrote:
The_Guy wrote:The Knicks should go in a completely different direction and maybe go with new colors. They've had the ugliest uniform in the NBA for a long time now, which is ironic, since NY is the fashion capital of the world.

I think the home whites have remained a classic uni. Compared to a lot of teams the Knicks haven't messed around with their unis too much which is a good thing IMO. I've always felt they could improve on the road unis though.

The logo and everything looks tacky. I can't believe teams like Denver and Miami, who play in tiny markets have gorgeous uniforms, and we don't. It's not like the Knicks are the Lakers or the Celtics where they've won 20 championships, and have all this tradition.

Sometimes change is a good thing. Start a new tradition. Knicks have only won 2 championships in their history, the last one 37 years ago. I've been a Knicks fan for over 20 years, and half of those 2o years has been during the worst time in franchise history.

I'd love for the Knicks to hire Diddy or Marc Ecko, or another hot designer to design their new uniforms, with new colors, to bring some excitement back to the team.
EL CABRITO
Starter
And1: 133

Post#24 » by EL CABRITO » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:01 am

I would love a black jersey, it's classy and stands out and with a splash of orange and blue it would be a top seller, our Jersey's are corny. Who do I blame for this travesty? Dolan?
If you have no critics you'll likely have no success.
albert
Veteran
And1: 45

Post#25 » by albert » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:01 am

We're the Knicks - it's not like we need to recover from pinstripe angry spaceship Rockets or basketball-playing dinosaur Raptors.

We have classic uniforms and it's to the franchise's benefit to keep the color scheme and lettering. I'm all for minor changes to adjust to the times, but there is a value in keeping the uniform relatively the same. A major change would alienate too many fans and wouldn't justify the "excitement" generated.

http://www.nba.com/history/uniforms_knicks.html
RealGM
And1: 39,668

Post#26 » by 2010 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:03 am

I like the creativity of the second set BUT you got to put "NEW YORK" across the chest in that new font instead of "KNICKS"

1: Holiday | Sexton | Holiday
2: White | Thybulle | Holiday
3: Thompson | Porter Jr. | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Vanderbilt | Wood
5: Gobert | Looney | Mamukelashvili
The_Guy
Banned User

Post#27 » by The_Guy » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:08 am

blind_ wrote:We're the Knicks - it's not like we need to recover from pinstripe angry spaceship Rockets or basketball-playing dinosaur Raptors.

We have classic uniforms and it's to the franchise's benefit to keep the color scheme and lettering. I'm all for minor changes to adjust to the times, but there is a value in keeping the uniform relatively the same. A major change would alienate too many fans and wouldn't justify the "excitement" generated.

http://www.nba.com/history/uniforms_knicks.html

I disagree. If it's a major improvement, fans will get over it. I'm all for starting a new tradition. Most of the people on this board weren't even alive when the Knicks won their championships.
atribecalledrch
Lead Assistant

Post#28 » by atribecalledrch » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:12 am

moocow007 wrote:I like the orange ones. Have said it before that the Knicks should have an orange "alternate" jersey.

Co-sign
atribecalledrch
Lead Assistant

Post#29 » by atribecalledrch » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:12 am

moocow007 wrote:I like the orange ones. Have said it before that the Knicks should have an orange "alternate" jersey.

Co-sign
knicks9784
Starter
And1: 149

Post#30 » by knicks9784 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:16 am

Loisl wrote:Those jerseys are way too playful. I can't take them seriously. Especially the second one. The font just doesn't work with basketball, if you ask me.

Every time you alter something - that has a long tradition – you have to be sure not to change too much. If you wan't to change the style, then keep colors. If you change the colors, keep the style. Otherwise you alienate your product. You can't relate it to the old ones.

For example. Not very intentive but at least, you manage to stay connected to the fans, while changing the culture a little bit.

100% agree with this sentiment
Anders wrote:The sweetest revenge is living well! Darius Rucker said it, so you know its real!
Futureisnow
Head Coach
And1: 1,282

Post#31 » by Futureisnow » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:56 am

I like the colors on the bottom set in OP's post but I don't think we should change the font. Change the color scheme but keep the New York font intact.
N8isScofield
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,504

Post#32 » by N8isScofield » Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:07 am

I'd actually really like us to have an updated version of the uniform Bill Bradley is wearing (minus the belt obviously) and also use that darker blue for our away jersey. Then we could have an orange jersey more similar to the second set of concept art as our "flashier" third jersey. That way there's tradition for purists and something new for those who want a change.
GnarlsOakley
Analyst
And1: 79

Post#33 » by GnarlsOakley » Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:22 am

Knicks shouldn't deviate too much from their classic look.

Uniform changes by trying to incorporate a "new look" are for teams grasping for an identity, and they end up looking tacky anyway.
ex. Pistons, Rockets, Warriors, SuperSonics, Sixers, Jazz, Bullets-->Wizards

all of the teams I just mentioned changed their jerseys by incorporating a new scheme in the 90s, and ALL of them have since reverted back to their original colors/style (Wizards are changing back to red, white & blue next season). btw, not gonna lie, I loved the Sonics jerseys in the 90s but it's up there to illustrate a point

when was the last time u saw anyone wearing a Golden State Warriors jersey?

Knicks, Bulls, Celtics, Spurs, Lakers, Blazers have the best uniforms in the league, which is why they see no reason to change.

However, I wouldn't mind the Knicks altering their current jersey, esp getting rid of those stupid stripes on the side that end in a point on the shorts (look at the above pic of Steph if u don't know what I mean), i think that looks awful.
we should also go back to a rounded collar, it just looks better. and put the "NY" logo back on the shorts.
e180th
Senior
And1: 29

Post#34 » by e180th » Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:02 am

honestly i like the first set better... it may be bland but has a mix of old and new... the second set remind me of the hawks current look... i've always told myself that they should go back to the look of the 80's/early 90's... then have an orange alternate.
born 2 expire
Sophomore

Post#35 » by born 2 expire » Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:41 am

Put NY on the shorts, get rid of the V-neck.

And orange alternates would be tacky as hell.
Thorn
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,162

Post#36 » by Thorn » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:38 pm

Lakerfan17 wrote:Picked these up while browsing Chris Creamer's logos pages, I think using orange on the sides makes the jerseys stand out much better, and I particularly like the Orange jersey...

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php ... try1299030

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php ... try1186878

The first set is bland and does nothing for me, the second series is excellent and I would roll them out today if I was calling the shots. With one small change, I would keep our old font.
MaseInYourFace
RealGM

Post#37 » by MaseInYourFace » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:58 pm

The logo and everything looks tacky. I can't believe teams like Denver and Miami, who play in tiny markets have gorgeous uniforms, and we don't. It's not like the Knicks are the Lakers or the Celtics where they've won 20 championships, and have all this tradition.

Sometimes change is a good thing. Start a new tradition. Knicks have only won 2 championships in their history, the last one 37 years ago. I've been a Knicks fan for over 20 years, and half of those 2o years has been during the worst time in franchise history.

I'd love for the Knicks to hire Diddy or Marc Ecko, or another hot designer to design their new uniforms, with new colors, to bring some excitement back to the team.[/quote]

Tsk tsk, TheGuy, history is not just about winning championships. The Knicks are one of the oldest teams. I respect your tastes. But I think you shouldn't mess too much with classics. The Knicks white home jersey IMO is one of the few classic jerseys in the league it shouldn't be messed with too much. Boston IMO had perfect jerseys and they messed with them more than I would have liked. I think they (the Knickerbockers) should definitely do something way different with the road jerseys though.

Also I want to point out people have different tastes. I happen to think most of the jerseys now are ugly and too bright and WNBAish for my liking.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Marty McFly
RealGM
And1: 9,345

Post#38 » by Marty McFly » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:12 pm

:dontknow:
truth serum
Banned User
And1: 35

Post#39 » by truth serum » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:19 pm

If they change anything, it should be for a more retro look, not some completely off the wall design. No offense, but I don't like any of those concepts...especially the orange one that people seem to be loving. Really? Orange Knicks jerseys? That sh*t just doesn't look right. New York is a famous, historical city and the Knicks are a famous and historical team. Gotta keep things original. I know the Knicks don't have the type of history that the Yanks do, but changing the jerseys that much would almost be like taking the pinstripes off the Yankees unis.
truth serum
Banned User
And1: 35

Post#40 » by truth serum » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:23 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:
TheGuy wrote:The logo and everything looks tacky. I can't believe teams like Denver and Miami, who play in tiny markets have gorgeous uniforms, and we don't. It's not like the Knicks are the Lakers or the Celtics where they've won 20 championships, and have all this tradition.

I'd love for the Knicks to hire Diddy or Marc Ecko, or another hot designer to design their new uniforms, with new colors, to bring some excitement back to the team.

Tsk tsk, TheGuy, history is not just about winning championships. The Knicks are one of the oldest teams. I respect your tastes. But I think you shouldn't mess too much with classics. The Knicks white home jersey IMO is one of the few classic jerseys in the league it shouldn't be messed with too much. Boston IMO had perfect jerseys and they messed with them more than I would have liked. I think they (the Knickerbockers) should definitely do something way different with the road jerseys though.

Also I want to point out people have different tastes. I happen to think most of the jerseys now are ugly and too bright and WNBAish for my liking.

Same here dude. I'm a big fan of the retro look. I hate the V-neck and the wide shoulders a lot of these teams have now. Also hate that shiny new material some of them use like the Nuggets and Bucks. That sh*t is hideous. I like that the Knicks still have one of the more classic looking jerseys. Would be pissed to see them ruin it with some shiny, orange BS. Gotta keep "NEW YORK" across the chest as well.

Return to New York Knicks