ImageImageImage

2014 Celtics off season Thread

Moderators: bisme37, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10

BRUNiNHO91
RealGM
And1: 22,535

Re: 2014 Draft Night Trades+Off Season Trade Ideas/Moves Thr 

Post#701 » by BRUNiNHO91 » Thu May 22, 2014 1:33 am

Bar Fight wrote:
Boston34Bg wrote:http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-zh7QkHhTAjE/U3y9cYDyv3I/AAAAAAAAA9o/MjcdKgxjx8g/s1600/Screen+Shot+2014-05-21+at+10.53.15+AM.png

Ainge going hard... I think this significantly increases our chances of lading Love, but then again losing him to LAL... which would be devaststing.. I'm not really sure how I feel about this as picks are really valueable and if Love leaves we will be stuck in the lottery for a decade, that said Ainge is a gamer :D

Danny is **** desperate right now. Just keep the pick. What good is trading for Love, still missing the Playoffs, and losing him for nothing the following year?

First of all, Rondo, Bradley, Green, Love and Joel Friggin Anthony is playoff is the East easily. We would obviously get a much better player than Anthony at the 5 so the chances of us not making the playoffs are about the same as the chances of the Heat being in the lottery.

As for Danny, I don't think he's desperate, I think he is just THAT much confident in the product he's selling. I strongly believe that Boston is a top 3 franchise in the NBA in terms of professionalism in it's front office and coaching staff. We do things seriously and we do things right. I don't remember anybody putting on this jersey and not wanting to be here forever as soon as they stepped out in that arena. Boston is a great, great, great BASKETBALL city. We have THE BEST fans in the game. Sure, you're not going to play while Jay Z, Beyonce and Drake are on the sidelines along with half of the actors in the world, but the real fans will be there. Getting a player here is the problem. Once they are here they will stay. Danny knows people were watching what happened to Doc, PP, KG and even Ray. He knows people took notice of how we honored EVERY single player who participated in that 08 finals, from Eddie House to Leon Powe. We treat our players with the greatest respect here. Look at the trades we made. We traded Courtney Lee to the Grizzlies, we traded PP, KG and Terry together to a contender, we traded Crawford and Brooks to the Warriors. I can't remember us ever trading one of our players into a horrible situation. These are just the little things that people around the NBA do notice and appreciate. People underrate Boston too much as a destination for big time players. Our franchise is amazing from top to bottom, from the old days until the present time. All we need is to be given a chance. KG once declined to play for Boston..but look what happened when he finally gave us a chance. Ask him if he would have gone anywhere else. Dude would still be here today if it was up to him.

Green Runs Deep. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GRFYDWsI9U
A new dawn will rise in Boston. ‎#StayLoyal THANK YOU TRUTH!
GreenMachine
Head Coach
And1: 998

Post#702 » by GreenMachine » Thu May 22, 2014 1:36 am

Yeah... right... Danny is desperate because we got the pick he thought we were going to get. Ahhhhh! The sky is falling.
London2Boston
General Manager
And1: 12,294

Post#703 » by London2Boston » Thu May 22, 2014 1:39 am

BRUNiNHO91 wrote:
Bar Fight wrote:
Boston34Bg wrote:http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-zh7QkHhTAjE/U3y9cYDyv3I/AAAAAAAAA9o/MjcdKgxjx8g/s1600/Screen+Shot+2014-05-21+at+10.53.15+AM.png

Ainge going hard... I think this significantly increases our chances of lading Love, but then again losing him to LAL... which would be devaststing.. I'm not really sure how I feel about this as picks are really valueable and if Love leaves we will be stuck in the lottery for a decade, that said Ainge is a gamer :D

Danny is **** desperate right now. Just keep the pick. What good is trading for Love, still missing the Playoffs, and losing him for nothing the following year?

First of all, Rondo, Bradley, Green, Love and Joel Friggin Anthony is playoff is the East easily. We would obviously get a much better player than Anthony at the 5 so the chances of us not making the playoffs are about the same as the chances of the Heat being in the lottery.

As for Danny, I don't think he's desperate, I think he is just THAT much confident in the product he's selling. I strongly believe that Boston is a top 3 franchise in the NBA in terms of professionalism in it's front office and coaching staff. We do things seriously and we do things right. I don't remember anybody putting on this jersey and not wanting to be here forever as soon as they stepped out in that arena. Boston is a great, great, great BASKETBALL city. We have THE BEST fans in the game. Sure, you're not going to play while Jay Z, Beyonce and Drake are on the sidelines along with half of the actors in the world, but the real fans will be there. Getting a player here is the problem. Once they are here they will stay. Danny knows people were watching what happened to Doc, PP, KG and even Ray. He knows people took notice of how we honored EVERY single player who participated in that 08 finals, from Eddie House to Leon Powe. We treat our players with the greatest respect here. Look at the trades we made. We traded Courtney Lee to the Grizzlies, we traded PP, KG and Terry together to a contender, we traded Crawford and Brooks to the Warriors. I can't remember us ever trading one of our players into a horrible situation. These are just the little things that people around the NBA do notice and appreciate. People underrate Boston too much as a destination for big time players. Our franchise is amazing from top to bottom, from the old days until the present time. All we need is to be given a chance. KG once declined to play for Boston..but look what happened when he finally gave us a chance. Ask him if he would have gone anywhere else. Dude would still be here today if it was up to him.

Green Runs Deep. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GRFYDWsI9U

If I could and1 this everyday I would.

:nod: Salute
Fabulous Melo
Ballboy
And1: 13

Post#704 » by Fabulous Melo » Thu May 22, 2014 1:41 am

We don't need to trade Wallace to get Melo, even if we trade for Love. The CAP will be $63 m this year, and we have $46 m with our current deals. So, considering that we trade Love for Green + Bass + Sullinger + picks(or other type of deal that would match the salaries) we would remain with something around $17 m of CAP space. However, Joel Anthony will be in the final year of his contract, receiving $4 m. So if we trade Joel Anthony(which will not be this tough), our CAP space would go up to $21 m. This money is more than enough to sign Melo.
If we trade for Love, I think there's a chance with Melo. He would know that signing with the Celtics would mean that he would be playing for one good organization, proven GM and, with him, probably a top 3 team in the East.
And, with Rondo, Melo and Love already in green, we could start to use the TPEs to get some good role players, like Mike Miller, Okafor and, maybe, even Pierce.

Now, what are the odds of that happening? Well, not very high. But, Cleveland got 3 1st picks out of 4... Remember: Anything is possible.
BRUNiNHO91
RealGM

Post#705 » by BRUNiNHO91 » Thu May 22, 2014 1:42 am

reload141 wrote:
Higgs Boston wrote:
reload141 wrote:
Nothing.

Look at it this way.

Sullinger + Bass + Wallace + Bogans (5th pick and a Nets pick) for Love + Budinger + Martin

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=p3m3au5

Basically it saves the Wolves 11mil and cuts the deals shorter by a year.

We are actually doing them a favour with trading Wallace for those two guys.

P.S. What do people think if Embiid slips through to 76er's at 3 what would we need to trade up to get him?

Sorry but martin + budinger is horrible, even more than wallace. Do this and having to give a pick it's crazy.

Budinger 5 million 2 years
Martin 7 million 3 years
And
Wallace 10 million 2 years.
I prefer to stay to wallace before trading with martin + budinger. In summer 2015 Wallace is a marketable player + round, martin and budinger probably not.

Actually i'm just answering what he originally asked, what more would we have to pay for them to take Wallace... and i think it's nothing. The original deal is Sully + 2 picks bass + bogans for Love...they may want us to take on long term salary... and i don't mind Martin and Budinger as much as some, we don't exactly have a scoring punch at the moment so Martin as the 6th man and Budinger to back up Green isn't that bad.

Kevin Martin averages 20 pts per game and he makes Brandon Bass money. I'd easily take him.

Rondo/Bayless
Bradley/Martin
Green/Pierce
Love/Bass
Asik/Olynyk

That team would be soo serious. In the East you can give anybody a run with that..specially if Rondo comes out as good as Danny has been saying he will. Imagine your small ball lineup of Rondo, Martin, Green, Pierce, Love. Who wants to see that team?
BRUNiNHO91
RealGM

Post#706 » by BRUNiNHO91 » Thu May 22, 2014 1:43 am

London2Boston wrote:Image

If I could and1 this everyday I would.

:nod: Salute

Thanks bud. :D
15th overall
RealGM
And1: 5,853

Post#707 » by 15th overall » Thu May 22, 2014 1:55 am

BRUNiNHO91 wrote:Green Runs Deep. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GRFYDWsI9U

Wow, after rewatching this... it really highlights just how big of a douche Ray Allen is.

During one of the more amazing, organicly grown outcries of support from a fanbase that I've ever seen.. Ray's probably thinking about how awesome gal-paling around with King James and the cool kids is gonna be.

You get THAT close to the Finals, with guys you've been playing alongside for THAT long and the fans show you THAT much love-- and you decide to run off with your chief rivals that JUST beat you because settling a score with an executive is more important to you. LMAO @ anyone that thinks his decision has been vindicated to any degree. What a child.
"[Brad Stevens] was just cool. He's always, always super cool." -- Stanley Johnson
TheOGJabroni
Head Coach
And1: 1,992

Post#708 » by TheOGJabroni » Thu May 22, 2014 2:54 am

Celtics receive: Kevin Love
Wolves receive: Kelly Olynyk, Jared Sullinger, Brandon Bass, Phil Pressey, Vitor Faverani, Nos. 6 and 17 picks in 2014, Celtics’ first-round pick in 2016

Here, the Wolves are basically getting the picks and then a bunch of cap filler and former first-rounders. There’s no reason to pretend Olynyk and Sullinger would be pieces for the Wolves at all. Being a Wolves fan since they've come into the NBA, I am pretty good at recognizing overvalued first-round picks who won’t be as good as you hope they are. This is about the picks, and with Nos. 6, 13 and 17 in this draft, they could load up or move up.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_ ... id=espnsoc

That's the most I've seen as a potential offer for Love, wow :o
Higgs Boston
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,625

Post#709 » by Higgs Boston » Thu May 22, 2014 3:15 am

Pick6 + expiring's or pick6 + olynyk + expiring's, no more.

No team is going to give more than that, it is not necessary give more.
Bar Fight
RealGM
And1: 16,136

Post#710 » by Bar Fight » Thu May 22, 2014 3:18 am

GreenMachine wrote:Yeah... right... Danny is desperate because we got the pick he thought we were going to get. Ahhhhh! The sky is falling.

Trading for Kevin Love without an agreement is **** desperate. You're banking on a guy who's made it clear that he wants to go to LA being convinced to stay in Boston. The only way he'll be convinced is if we can basically put together a contending team in one offseason (which obviously isn't happening). Whether we make the Playoffs or not, he's not gonna resign with a team that isn't gonna ever win ****. And I'm sorry, but there is no way a team that was actually competing, yet still couldn't win more than 25 games last season, is going to be transformed into a contender by adding an All Star who's never been to the Playoffs. Not to mention we'd have to give up valuable pieces of that 25 win team as well.
darrendaye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,981

Post#711 » by darrendaye » Thu May 22, 2014 10:35 am

CsBsSoxPhins wrote:
Wolves receive: Kelly Olynyk, Jared Sullinger, Brandon Bass, Phil Pressey, Vitor Faverani, Nos. 6 and 17 picks in 2014, Celtics’ first-round pick in 2016

Here, the Wolves are basically getting the picks and then a bunch of cap filler and former first-rounders. There’s no reason to pretend Olynyk and Sullinger would be pieces for the Wolves at all. Being a Wolves fan since they've come into the NBA, I am pretty good at recognizing overvalued first-round picks who won’t be as good as you hope they are. This is about the picks, and with Nos. 6, 13 and 17 in this draft, they could load up or move up.

Wait. This person gets paid for his opinions? Bar keeps getting set lower and lower. Did he even bother to look (or have the intelligence to process) that the Celtics have much better "filler" if he is so underwhelmed with Sully and KO?

I appreciate the time it takes to research and devise trade packages for all 29 teams, but if you're going to voluntarily undertake the task, do it right. Next time, slow down spaz.
Thanks Brad for answering my ad,
"Boston Celtics Barbershop, cutters wanted."
But after KP, your C play? You broke my heart Fredo.

ajones9219 wrote:Is handsome Squidward playing?
165bows
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,658

Post#712 » by 165bows » Thu May 22, 2014 11:58 am

darrendaye wrote:
CsBsSoxPhins wrote:

Wait. This person gets paid for his opinions? Bar keeps getting set lower and lower. Did he even bother to look (or have the intelligence to process) that the Celtics have much better "filler" if he is so underwhelmed with Sully and KO?

I appreciate the time it takes to research and devise trade packages for all 29 teams, but if you're going to voluntarily undertake the task, do it right. Next time, slow down spaz.

ESPN's basketball 'analysis' pieces are beyond bad lately. Here is one from the day before that isn't any better. Though the piece you quoted above should really be announced as a failed attempt at humor, it might as well be a 'what does every team want under their Christmas tree' piece, that's about the level it was written at.

Secret admirer

Teams that have an asset collection but might not necessarily be on Love's short list. They will seek to convince him they're the place to be long term.

Boston Celtics

Trade bait: Jared Sullinger, Brandon Bass, Joel Anthony, Keith Bogans, picks

Pitch: The Celtics have a wealth of future picks from Brooklyn as well as an unprotected 2015 first-rounder from the Clippers and a protected 2015 first-rounder from Philly. Plus, the C's can offer some mildly interesting young talents like Sullinger, expiring deals in Bass and Anthony and Bogans' nonguaranteed $5.3 million deal. Love would play with Rajon Rondo in the East. But the offer to Minnesota and the prospects for Love pale in comparison to potential deals from other suitors.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story/_/ ... n-love-nba

Just trying to run with the most exciting narrative, I guess. Which is an existing star going to an existing 'hot' team. Oh well, maybe Hollinger's pissing off his best players will land him back at ESPN, and they can go back to being mediocre instead of awful.
BleedGreen1989
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,780

Post#713 » by BleedGreen1989 » Thu May 22, 2014 12:53 pm

Pale in comparison? Lol

To who exactly?

PHI and CLE aren't trading their top-3 picks IMO and that's the only offer we couldn't trump.
BRUNiNHO91
RealGM

Post#714 » by BRUNiNHO91 » Thu May 22, 2014 3:15 pm

BleedGreen1989 wrote:Pale in comparison? Lol

To who exactly?

PHI and CLE aren't trading their top-3 picks IMO and that's the only offer we couldn't trump.

David Lee, Thompson and Barnes + picks is probably better than anything we could offer. But they would never give up both Klay and Barnes on the same deal so that's out of the window. Even if they did their team would be gutted leaving them with Curry, Love, Iggy and a totally injury loving Bogut. That team goes absolutely NOWHERE in the Western conference. It would be like Sacramento with Thomas, Cousins and Gay. The picks would also be mediocre at around the 13-16 range probably. Celtics offer is by far the best offer OVERALL. They get youngins, draft picks, a lottery pick, cap relief and Love goes to a weak conference to play with a great PG on a team that would not be completely gutted. We would still have the assets to pull off another trade of two, sign a guy like Pierce and put together a strong top 7-8 players. What other team can trade for Love and then still trade for another good piece? Damn these ESPN fools are getting dumber everyday! :crazy:
15th overall
RealGM
And1: 5,853

Post#715 » by 15th overall » Thu May 22, 2014 6:16 pm

Summer League schedule is out, didn't wanna start a thread about it;

Saturday, July 5: Boston vs. OKC, 11 a.m.
Monday, July 7: Boston vs. Indiana, 3 p.m.
Wednesday, July 9: Boston vs. Detroit, 7 p.m.
Thursday, July 10: Boston vs. Orlando, 5 p.m.
Friday, July 11: Championship Day, TBD

All will air on NBA TV
"[Brad Stevens] was just cool. He's always, always super cool." -- Stanley Johnson
pfm
Sixth Man
And1: 1,652

Post#716 » by pfm » Thu May 22, 2014 6:55 pm

It really does baffle me how the media minus Wojo (oh look the one actual good reporter) are downplaying the Celtics as a potential Love destination. The GB laughs off the Celtics offer.

Normally I'd think I was being a Celtics homer, but we really do have a **** ton of assets and the Minny board seems to agree, which justifies my frustration.
GreenMachine
Head Coach
And1: 998

Post#717 » by GreenMachine » Thu May 22, 2014 7:00 pm

piercef0rmvp wrote:It really does baffle me how the media minus Wojo (oh look the one actual good reporter) are downplaying the Celtics as a potential Love destination. The GB laughs off the Celtics offer.

Normally I'd think I was being a Celtics homer, but we really do have a **** ton of assets and the Minny board seems to agree, which justifies my frustration.

Don't get frustrated by the opinions of 8 year olds.
Datruth345
Assistant Coach
And1: 441

Post#718 » by Datruth345 » Thu May 22, 2014 7:00 pm

elfrid payton @ 17!
"...That, Mr. James, is etched in stone.” - Bill Russell
London2Boston
General Manager
And1: 12,294

Post#719 » by London2Boston » Thu May 22, 2014 7:03 pm

piercef0rmvp wrote:It really does baffle me how the media minus Wojo (oh look the one actual good reporter) are downplaying the Celtics as a potential Love destination. The GB laughs off the Celtics offer.

Boston isn't sunny and "Free Agent Heaven" so of course Love would never tell the Wolves or Ainge he is interested.... It's lazy.
Higgs Boston
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,625

Post#720 » by Higgs Boston » Fri May 23, 2014 3:07 am

Marc gasol also could be available, memphis is in crisis

Return to Boston Celtics