Oh, the headband trend is over?

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,853

Re: Oh, the headband trend is over? 

Post#81 » by floppymoose » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:51 pm

When I was a younger chap playing lots of pickup bball, I simply couldn't function properly sometimes without a headband. I guess I sweat a lot. My eyes would get overwhelmed with salt and I couldn't see.
Rupert Murdoch
Starter
And1: 1,906

Post#82 » by Rupert Murdoch » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:46 am

Lebron needs to ditch the headband and shave his head like Jordan.

Look how much younger he looks without hair.
DaleyBlind
Veteran
And1: 1,832

Post#83 » by DaleyBlind » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:51 am

MaxRider wrote:most players wear it because of fashion more than they actually need one
i remember back in the 90s clifford robinson is the only one wearing it
when iverson wear headband and arm sleeve
many people follow
jordan is the first one to wear longer shorts
now everyone is wearing one
stockton is the only one still wear short shorts

Why do basketball players wear long baggy shorts anyway, I couldn't think of anything worse than wearing long baggy shorts when playing sport.
r3demption
Sixth Man
And1: 651

Post#84 » by r3demption » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:45 am

Oh , the knee high socks trend is over?
James72
Sixth Man
And1: 474

Post#85 » by James72 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:27 am

Beffiosa wrote:
Cycklops wrote:
Beffiosa wrote:
Leave those type of gossip for the ladies, man.

Gossip is prying into other people's business, not discussing something odd that's put right in front of you.

Gossip is basically a discussion between two or more people about a 3rd party that is not present. Not all gossips are malicious, but men discussing another person's hair and hairline? Men acting like women and women behaving like men is what is messed up with today's generation.

Words can't describe how unbelievably ignorant this is.
crazytown
Veteran
And1: 757

Post#86 » by crazytown » Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:09 am

Am I in the minority or does Lebron look better without the headband? He was going overboard with the 10 inch headband. His hairline aint that bad. Not like he's Manu out there.
PKABOOICU
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,128

Post#87 » by PKABOOICU » Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:43 am

someone photoshop lebron with jj redicks hair
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,508

Post#88 » by JonFromVA » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:28 pm

The4thHorseman wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:
The4thHorseman wrote:I don't think it had anything to do with a cold streak. Maybe more to do with trying to blend in to get more calls. He's been getting hacked a lot lately without getting them. Without the headband, he doesn't stand out.

I don't get that. He's always pointed to his head band as his proof when he'd get smacked in the head. Sometimes it would be smacked right off his head without a foul. He was definitely turning the ball over and not shooting well when he discarded the headband and like I said, he has a history of taking it off when he's been playing poorly.

James has no history of voluntarily taking his headband off when he's playing poorly. Unless you can show me otherwise.

Like I said, I think he wants to look more pedestrian cause he hasn't been getting the calls lately.

The bottom line is though............... it doesn't matter who's right when debating the reason why a player ditched his headband.

:D

I can't deny your bottom line, but of course James has a history of voluntarily taking his headband off and it's very easy to prove. Just go watch all his games as a member of the Cavaliers like I've done.
MaxRider
RealGM
And1: 5,805

Post#89 » by MaxRider » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:31 pm

DaleyBlind wrote:
MaxRider wrote:most players wear it because of fashion more than they actually need one
i remember back in the 90s clifford robinson is the only one wearing it
when iverson wear headband and arm sleeve
many people follow
jordan is the first one to wear longer shorts
now everyone is wearing one
stockton is the only one still wear short shorts

Why do basketball players wear long baggy shorts anyway, I couldn't think of anything worse than wearing long baggy shorts when playing sport.

jordan started wearing the long one because he need it to cover his UNC shorts he's wearing underneath
then the shorts just keep getting longer and longer
RHBullsFan
Sixth Man
And1: 52

Post#90 » by RHBullsFan » Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:56 pm

I remember when the cornrows were en vogue, then that one off-season they all got together and said that ship has sailed. It was like the NBA put out a memo or something.
Old School Magic Fan since 1990
Hero
RealGM
And1: 53,373

Post#91 » by Hero » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:03 pm

I hope he starts wearing it again. He looks good in it. It makes him easier to recognize out there as well.
My Main Man
Bench Warmer
And1: 3,589

Post#92 » by My Main Man » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:38 pm

Someone needs to bring back the Kerry Kittles socks:

Beffiosa wrote:Gossip is basically a discussion between two or more people about a 3rd party that is not present. Not all gossips are malicious, but men discussing another person's hair and hairline? Men acting like women and women behaving like men is what is messed up with today's generation.

Your train of thought is what is messed up with today's generation. That last sentence seriously made me feel ill.
Smash3
RealGM
And1: 9,931

Post#93 » by Smash3 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:42 pm

RHBullsFan wrote:I remember when the cornrows were en vogue, then that one off-season they all got together and said that ship has sailed. It was like the NBA put out a memo or something.

Not true... Everyone who had a cornrow got challenged to a video game match and the loser had to cut their cornrow, it was only a question of time until they met an unbeatable opponent without a cornrow.
G: James Harden | Kris Dunn
G: Zach LaVine | Reggie Jackson
F: Josh Richardson | Nassir Little
F: Paul George | Otto Porter
C: Jakob Poeltl | Bismack Biyombo
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,491

Post#94 » by YogurtProducer » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:51 pm

WashWiz54 wrote:Basketball is so weird in the sense that a players choice of clothing/accessories (on and off the court) is critiqued by fans and media alike. I really don't get the obsessive nature towards their choices in what they choose to wear or not wear. Baseball fans don't give a crap if David Ortiz is wearing a wrist band, eye black, how he does his hair, which cleats he wears, or what brand he is wearing to the stadium on any given day. Why do basketball fans care so much about what KD (or whoever) is doing with their clothing/accessories?

I know guys that need every person in 2k to be wearing the correct gear because IT bothers them when they don't.. I always found that the weirdest
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023

Return to The General Board