Weezy on Beasley

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

tosi
Assistant Coach
And1: 504

Re: Weezy on Beasley 

Post#61 » by tosi » Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:10 pm

Stringcheese wrote:
HarlemHeat37 wrote:LOL even ESPN is trying to cash in on the Lil Wayne undeserved hype..

Why undeserved? He's got a fresh flow/style, he doesn't just rap about guns and bitches. His newest album sold 1 million copies in the first week and is 2x platinum. He's probably my favorite rap artist putting out stuff today.

Don't you love how he kisses men on the lips too? lol

The bird man hahahahaha

I guess you know where all that cash money comes from..
fart wrote:I agree. get over it people. MJ is ridicoulsly overrated that people have developed this perception that no one can challenge him for GOAT.
NickLidstrom
Junior
And1: 102

Post#62 » by NickLidstrom » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:26 pm

Lil' Wayne is one of those rappers that gets an unfair amount of praise from morons and unfair hate from intelligent people. I think both groups are basing their opinions largely on his singles (which admittedly suck). His first two albums were definitely solid, considering what he's trying to do. Carter III had a handful of interesting tracks and a bunch of crappy radio-made singles. The guy's making accessible songs with extremely strong beats and some fun wordplay. It's nothing more and nothing less.
MaRcu5
Junior
And1: 1

Post#63 » by MaRcu5 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:43 pm

Hypz wrote:Waa waa mainstream, hey where have I heard that argument before? I guess The Beatles, Run DMC, and AC/DC suck too, because they were/are mainstream. If you don't like mainstream, go listen to myspace "rappers" and "bands".

Lil' Wayne's album is the best of the year in it's genre, at the very least.

I don't like TODAY'S mainstream. With a few exceptions.

If you honestly think Lil Wayne has the best rap album of the year you're absolutely nuts. :lol:

Beasley probably likes his music though, that is the target audience. Potheads and idiots. It doesn't take skill to make a bunch of words rhyme when the lines don't make sense, no story is told, and the subject matters are that of an immature kid.

Beasley has talent, I cannot take that away from him. But when I see him doing the NBA cares stuff I think I might throw up. And I'm not even basing my judgment on him because of the Pot incident. He's always been a stuck up, cocky, ****. It's unfortunate that only the people that really look into it will know this.
Ill
RealGM
And1: 1,275

Post#64 » by Ill » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:36 pm

i can't stand those people that say lil' wayne is the best rapper alive....he's not even the best rapper atm

nas, talib kweli, lupe fiasco, etc.. >> lil' wayne
Pats19andO
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#65 » by Pats19andO » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:07 pm

Lil wayne blows. End of thread
celtsfan0254
Senior
And1: 1

Post#66 » by celtsfan0254 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:19 pm

oh wow, lil wayne endorses him. he must be good.
killacalijatt
General Manager
And1: 1,708

Post#67 » by killacalijatt » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:49 pm

Lil Wayne is straight garbage, just cuzz he said it doesnt mean anything what is he a talent observer? Cuzz he said it, its right? Wat does he know?

How is he best rapper alive? Maybe most hyped with crappy nonsence lyrics, man his songs dont even make sence, lick the lollipop get out of here with that thats a club banger not rap.
Nas
Jay Z
Ice Cube
Snoop Dogg
Eminem
Rakim
Mos Def
DMX
Bone Thugs N Harmony

And hes talking about all time, he doesnt even come close to all time. He Never Well
HarlemHeat37
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#68 » by HarlemHeat37 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:54 pm

Ice Cube is probably worse than Lil Wayne right now..Cube hasn't been good in 5 minutes..his lyrics these days are embarrassing..
ronnymac2
RealGM
And1: 4,879

Post#69 » by ronnymac2 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:31 am

You know, with the whole mainstream hip-hop thing (and also with club raps and whatnot)....people here are saying that's crappy hip-hop and that's not hip-hop......I completely agree with that second option. lol That's not hip-hop at all, and thus shouldn't be treated that way. It should be treated as something independant (related to hip-hop, but a clear divergence from it). Now, some of those rappers do SOMETIMES delve into real hip-hop and concious hip-hop and whatnot. Some even begin like that (example...50 cent....50 cent was really good and def good hip-hop when he wasn't really famous....now, everything is the same with him because no matter what, he's gonna make money anyway.....nothing wrong with that, I'm sure we'd all do the same if we could talk about how much money we have in order to make more money lol...but its not really hip-hop anymore per se. It's all commercialized, designed to appeal to the common fan in order to make money.).

I don't know if you should be critical of that "non hip-hop" though. I mean, like you say, it's not even really hip-hop anymore. Besides, when your dancing at a club or whatever, do you really want to hear concious hip-hop that produces an affect, or do you want to hear something with a hot beat that says...whatever. lol Basically, there's a time and a place for "true hip-hop" and "that stuff that aint really hip-hop anymore." Just differeniate them, and you'll be able to appreciate both (or at least you won't get as mad at crap hip-hop anymore).

I actually like lil wayne for his wordplay and lyricism. He's coool and funny and whatnot. if I want to hear something that really represents hip-hop, I'll listen to lupe or kanye or whomever. If i want to just hear some clever lyrics, lil wayne is the choice.

And i sure hope lil wayne is right about beasley, but i mean, his analysis of him doesn't really say much to me. lol I do see wayne's point of beasley being confident; as long as he's not too confident, that's absolutely fine with me. Just the right amount of arrogance is good for a bball player.
Pay no mind to the battles you've won
It'll take a lot more than rage and muscle
Open your heart and hands, my son
Or you'll never make it over the river
killacalijatt
General Manager
And1: 1,708

Post#70 » by killacalijatt » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:13 am

HarlemHeat37 wrote:Ice Cube is probably worse than Lil Wayne right now..Cube hasn't been good in 5 minutes..his lyrics these days are embarrassing..

Cube might not be same as before but have you even listen to his albums recently?
Raw Footage, because he doesnt talk about cars and all the negatives doesnt make it a bad album the message in the songs is way better. Listen to it its actually pretty good
Cars and hoes get more publicity because thats what everybody wants to hear nowadays compared to Cubes album which is way more tords just everyday life and past struggles
Plus past success still accumulates to something and still giving him the edge over Wayne 8-)
rsavaj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,767

Post#71 » by rsavaj » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:23 am

Lil Wayne is the most overrated man in the game right now. How does anybody actually LIKE that guy? wtf happened to actual wordplay?

I wish Rakim was still spittin.
Pats19andO
Banned User

Post#72 » by Pats19andO » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:24 am

If only Tech N9ne could endorse Beasley, he would automaticly become GOAT
AnSweR07
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#73 » by AnSweR07 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:26 am

lil wayne's old stuff was pretty good his new stuff is jus straight garbage.
BugsBunny
Rookie

Post#74 » by BugsBunny » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:16 am

ronnymac2 wrote:You know, with the whole mainstream hip-hop thing (and also with club raps and whatnot)....people here are saying that's crappy hip-hop and that's not hip-hop......I completely agree with that second option. lol That's not hip-hop at all, and thus shouldn't be treated that way. It should be treated as something independant (related to hip-hop, but a clear divergence from it). Now, some of those rappers do SOMETIMES delve into real hip-hop and concious hip-hop and whatnot. Some even begin like that (example...50 cent....50 cent was really good and def good hip-hop when he wasn't really famous....now, everything is the same with him because no matter what, he's gonna make money anyway.....nothing wrong with that, I'm sure we'd all do the same if we could talk about how much money we have in order to make more money lol...but its not really hip-hop anymore per se. It's all commercialized, designed to appeal to the common fan in order to make money.).

I don't know if you should be critical of that "non hip-hop" though. I mean, like you say, it's not even really hip-hop anymore. Besides, when your dancing at a club or whatever, do you really want to hear concious hip-hop that produces an affect, or do you want to hear something with a hot beat that says...whatever. lol Basically, there's a time and a place for "true hip-hop" and "that stuff that aint really hip-hop anymore." Just differeniate them, and you'll be able to appreciate both (or at least you won't get as mad at crap hip-hop anymore).

I actually like lil wayne for his wordplay and lyricism.
He's coool and funny and whatnot. if I want to hear something that really represents hip-hop, I'll listen to lupe or kanye or whomever. If i want to just hear some clever lyrics, lil wayne is the choice.

And i sure hope lil wayne is right about beasley, but i mean, his analysis of him doesn't really say much to me. lol I do see wayne's point of beasley being confident; as long as he's not too confident, that's absolutely fine with me. Just the right amount of arrogance is good for a bball player.

ARE YOU JOKING?

Man, i understand that's your opinion but come on.

"i am so high i could eat a star" ? o rly??

" S**t I Gotta Eat... Yeah, Even Though I Ate
It Ain't My Birthday But I Got My Name On the Cake" Wow, very clever, i mean look at this lyricism :roll:

"Tougher than Nigerian hair" ....Lies .....

"Tell the coppers hahahaha you can't catch 'em, you can't stop 'em
I go by them goon rules if you can't beat 'em then you pop 'em
You can't man 'em then you mop 'em,
You can't stand 'em then you drop 'em," Yeah, that's fire. :roll:

Sorry but i got to say it, Cam>Lil wayne. The reason why i say cam is because so many people really think cam is a bad rapper(LOLLOLLOLOOLO). People say Lil wayne has flow and lyrics(hell no). Check this out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdfMQfGtYKc - That's Lil wayne's let the beat build, from the carter 3.

This is cam's version
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdPet22dOS8
(i am not saying cam had amazing lyrics but he did what he could to this type of beat. People, you have to understand that sometimes cam writes to the beat.)

So, who's version you guys like more? Cam or Wayne? :D
I think if HighRyzer gets into an accident and loses half his brain he will still be the smartest poster on this board. HighRyzer83 is the man!
HarlemHeat37
Banned User

Post#75 » by HarlemHeat37 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:32 am

Wayne does have SOME good verses..the problem with him is that he's REALLY inconsistent..for every great Wayne verse you'll find, you'll find a terrible one..

Cam'Ron is much worse though..Cam is out of his mind, he's the Stephon Marbury of the rap game..
BugsBunny
Rookie

Post#76 » by BugsBunny » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:40 am

HarlemHeat37 wrote:Wayne does have SOME good verses..the problem with him is that he's REALLY inconsistent..for every great Wayne verse you'll find, you'll find a terrible one..

Cam'Ron is much worse though..Cam is out of his mind, he's the Stephon Marbury of the rap game..

:lol:

Man, i got to deal with people like you everyday! even on the net now? LOL

Listen, i know that's your opinion but the starbury of the rap game? LOL

I understand, cam IS so wack. That's why when biggie and big l(when alive) was walking around and talking about how ill cam was.
I think if HighRyzer gets into an accident and loses half his brain he will still be the smartest poster on this board. HighRyzer83 is the man!
ronnymac2
RealGM
And1: 4,879

Post#77 » by ronnymac2 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:53 am

hahaha good comparison Harlem

Bugsbunny....yea, alright, camron's version was probably better (that beat is nice btw). I haven't listened to too much camron lately, but HE is the one that is pretty inconsistent. His lyrics can be crazy, but then other times it sounds like he is actually crazy. (I obviously respect Biggie and BIg L's opinion...2 of the best ever.)

Idk. With wayne, i feel like he always controls and dictates the way the song will go with the beat. He controls the song, so sometimes, he kind of sounds stagnant in the song (that let the beat build is a fairly good example of that). I actually like that about him though; it's unique. The results aren't always the best, but its still sort of different. And yea, you can select bad rhymes and whatnot from any rapper. Wayne has some really nice ryhmes and verses, too, though.

I mean, liking or disliking something like this is fairly subjective. It's music. Somebody can like classical music, and another person might hate it. There is no right or wrong really. Wayne may be overrated, but lyrically, imo, he's one of the better ones (the quality of the meaning of his message notwithstanding).
Pay no mind to the battles you've won
It'll take a lot more than rage and muscle
Open your heart and hands, my son
Or you'll never make it over the river
HarlemHeat37
Banned User

Post#78 » by HarlemHeat37 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:54 am

Cam USED to be hot..trust me bro, I know..I had plenty of Cam tapes growing up, I've heard plenty of tapes of Cam freestyling and spitting in my neighborhood..we're from the same area..but he has fallen off heavily over the last few years, and he looks like he's a little lost nowadays..
BugsBunny
Rookie

Post#79 » by BugsBunny » Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:26 am

ronnymac2, i can respect that. Anyway you're right it's just music. LOL

HarlemHeat37, i know what you're saying, so many people told me Cam USED to be nice. Well, if you are from Harlem then you should at less understand some of the stuff Cam raps about? you have no idea how many people say that he's wack because they don't understand some of his Harlem swag.(slang) LOL

EX: When Cam says Moggie, some people doesn't understand what he's talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujYMm01MMLY That should help some people out.

:)
SwiLL2432
Analyst
And1: 181

Post#80 » by SwiLL2432 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:26 am

6 pages...and NOBODY has mentioned Chamillionaire. Pathetic

NaS>>>>Cham>>>WEezy>>>>garbage>>>>Cam
#MambaArmy

Return to The General Board