Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

JWizmentality
RealGM
And1: 5,093

Re: Grunfeld a Great GM. Proves Doubters Wrong 

Post#1521 » by JWizmentality » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:47 pm

hands11 wrote:EG Message to his RealGM hatters. :lol:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FnO3igOkOk[/youtube]

I didn't know we had hatters. To the best of my knowledge we've never gone after Ernie's horrendous comb over.
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Post#1522 » by miller31time » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:20 am

JWizmentality wrote:
hands11 wrote:EG Message to his RealGM hatters. :lol:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FnO3igOkOk[/youtube]

I didn't know we had hatters. To the best of my knowledge we've never gone after Ernie's horrendous comb over.

U mad, hatter?

Nivek
Head Coach
And1: 959

Post#1523 » by Nivek » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:33 pm

montestewart wrote:
mohammed10 wrote:EG accepts the ice bucket challenge...

http://cdnapi.kaltura.com/index.php/ext ... 0_47p6kla0

This ALS phenomenon has jumped the shark…

If you're not naked in a bathtub, it doesn't count.

What's that brown stuff all over the ground?
"A lot of what we call talent is the desire to practice."
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#1524 » by hands11 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:32 pm

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPQfwmfRq2s[/youtube]

Board to EG.
EG's message to the board. :lol:

Well at least to some here. I will not disclose names. They know who they are.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Post#1525 » by montestewart » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:11 am

hands11 wrote:[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPQfwmfRq2s[/youtube]

Board to EG.
EG's message to the board. :lol:

Well at least to some here. I will not disclose names. They know who they are.

EG's message to board:

"Watch me dazzle you with 80s era FX!"
"My acting skills are on par with those of William Shatner"
"I'll sneak up behind you and plug you in your rear."
"I am a bad sequel in a series based on a cancelled show."
"I beat Ricardo Montalban, one of the greatest actors of all time!"
"My weird looking assistant actually does all of the thinking."

negative LOL squared to the 10th power once removed har har har yuk yuk yuk
hands11
Banned User

Post#1526 » by hands11 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:34 am

Yet some how William Shatner had a long productive career and still has work.
And in the end, he always won.

And yeah, that sneaking up behind you. That's was EG. Which was the one thing you got right and was the point of the post to begin with.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#1527 » by montestewart » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:45 am

Ohhhhh! That was the point. Phasers on stunningly effective. Thank you for explaining that Mr. Wizard. Men are so smart.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, McDonalds sells the most hamburgers, the Kardashians make a ton of money, Grunfeld is great.

EG needs a new press agent. You're hired, bunboy.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,527

Post#1528 » by closg00 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:45 pm

hands11 wrote:Yet some how William Shatner had a long productive career and still has work.

And yeah, that sneaking up behind you. That's was EG. Which was the one thing you got right and was the point of the post to begin with.

There-in lies the incredibly low bar that you (but not most here), are willing to accept. Shatner indeed has had a long career, but has he been anything other than a hack and mediocre "working" actor his entire career? You're giddy to have Shatner, we want a Brando or De Niro.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#1529 » by montestewart » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:00 pm

closg00 wrote:
hands11 wrote:Yet some how William Shatner had a long productive career and still has work.

There-in lies the incredibly low bar that you (but not most here), are willing to accept. Shatner indeed has had a long career, but has he been anything other than a hack and mediocre "working" actor his entire career? You're giddy to have Shatner, we want a Brando or De Niro.

You have to half patients. Sucks doesn't combover ninth. Ita'ss excremental.
pineappleheadindc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,479

Post#1530 » by pineappleheadindc » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:23 pm

montestewart wrote:
closg00 wrote:

ROFL -- Thanks for my laugh of the day
"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart."
--Confucius

"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try"
- Yoda
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 16,003

Post#1531 » by dckingsfan » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:50 pm

montestewart wrote:
closg00 wrote:

HOF!!
Nivek
Head Coach
And1: 959

Post#1532 » by Nivek » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:58 pm

dckingsfan wrote:
montestewart wrote:
closg00 wrote:

HOF!!

Done.
"A lot of what we call talent is the desire to practice."
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,888

Post#1533 » by TGW » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:41 pm

montestewart wrote:
closg00 wrote:

Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
hands11
Banned User

Post#1534 » by hands11 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:58 pm

closg00 wrote:

Now look at the team we have.
Look at PP choosing us. And Blair. And Hump.
Look at the cap space in 2016

And #KD2DC2016

Its going to be a great year. They have a legit shot at over 50 wins, division title, home court in the playoffs and getting to the ECF. Thats good progress over last year which was good progress over the year before.

And as for what "most here" believe. The team still isn't done getting better. They weren't/aren't on a dead end path. They may well cap out short of title contender, but that true of most teams most years. Instead, I would say if your team has a legit shot at ECF, your are doing pretty good. And if you are a franchise with the history of the Wizards and you can do that in 5 years after getting a new owner and having your best player suspended for guns in the lockerroom and you have to get ride of the worst contract in the league, you are doing very good.

As for Shatner. His career wasn't the point of the original post. What was happening in the clip was. But you know that.
milellie111
Pro Prospect
And1: 245

Post#1535 » by milellie111 » Wed Nov 5, 2014 4:44 am

3-1 and off to a great start at the beginning of the season. Team is playing great. Free agent signings are looking as promised and this is one of the deepest teams in the league. A good year is in store for Wizards fans.
TGW = Troll Gone Wild
pineappleheadindc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,479

Post#1536 » by pineappleheadindc » Wed Nov 5, 2014 3:50 pm

milellie111 wrote:3-1 and off to a great start at the beginning of the season. Team is playing great. Free agent signings are looking as promised and this is one of the deepest teams in the league. A good year is in store for Wizards fans.

Welcome back, Milellie!

Look, dude, let me give you some lessons on trolling that you can use from this point forward.

1. You can't just troll this thread (or the various 100s of others that talk about Grunfeld, the GM.) You have to expand your horizons. For instance, start trolling the random thoughts thread. Put things unreleated to basketball in there and tie it to your man.

2. Examples:

a. If there is ever some big good news story -- trapped miners are rescued, etc -- post a link to the news story with your commentary: "Chilean miners were rescued from certain death. Who to thank? Grunfeld. (and attach a nice pic of Ernie)."

b Post a youtube cute cat video. "Cats are cute! Who gets credit for that? Grunfeld."

c. [In the politics section] "Congress just passed this great bill. Who to thank? Grunfeld."

d. Hey they're opening a new hipster bar in Chinatown. Who to thank? Yeah, you know who."

The idea is to bring your unique and special Ernie message to all corners of the board. This strategy will make you *even more* popular with board members and ensure that we -- the small but committed band of Wizards loyalists on RealGM -- will ultimately join you in praising the basketball genius that is Ernie Grunfeld.

Go Wizards!!!

:nod:
"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart."

--Confucius

"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try"

- Yoda
milellie111
Pro Prospect
And1: 245

Post#1537 » by milellie111 » Wed Nov 5, 2014 4:12 pm

pineappleheadindc wrote:
milellie111 wrote:3-1 and off to a great start at the beginning of the season. Team is playing great. Free agent signings are looking as promised and this is one of the deepest teams in the league. A good year is in store for Wizards fans.

Welcome back, Milellie!

Look, dude, let me give you some lessons on trolling that you can use from this point forward.

1. You can't just troll this thread (or the various 100s of others that talk about Grunfeld, the GM.) You have to expand your horizons. For instance, start trolling the random thoughts thread. Put things unreleated to basketball in there and tie it to your man.

2. Examples:

a. If there is ever some big good news story -- trapped miners are rescued, etc -- post a link to the news story with your commentary: "Chilean miners were rescued from certain death. Who to thank? Grunfeld. (and attach a nice pic of Ernie)."

b Post a youtube cute cat video. "Cats are cute! Who gets credit for that? Grunfeld."

c. [In the politics section] "Congress just passed this great bill. Who to thank? Grunfeld."

d. Hey they're opening a new hipster bar in Chinatown. Who to thank? Yeah, you know who."

The idea is to bring your unique and special Ernie message to all corners of the board. This strategy will make you *even more* popular with board members and ensure that we -- the small but committed band of Wizards loyalists on RealGM -- will ultimately join you in praising the basketball genius that is Ernie Grunfeld.

Go Wizards!!!

:nod:

Thanks sir. However, no trolling here. It just baffles me how still some on this board are sour over ownership when they have been rewarded with the best possible scenario a fan can possibly imagine:

-Competitive playoff run last year

-Retaining important pieces in offseason

-Signing important pieces via free agency to friendly salary deals

-Revelopment of current rookies who are producing

-Retention of coaching staff

-3-1 record and one of the top teams in the conference

-Committment to improving and winning

-Superb handling of the teams finanical situation going forward

What more can you ask for? To me, trolling is continuing to acknowledge these facts, yet still demanding for Grunfeld to be fired. I'm just saying he is still proving doubters wrong.
TGW = Troll Gone Wild
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,926

Post#1538 » by tontoz » Wed Nov 5, 2014 5:10 pm

How many 1st round picks from the 2011 draft aren't in the NBA now? EG picked 2 of them. Are there any more?
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,353

Post#1539 » by Kanyewest » Wed Nov 5, 2014 5:27 pm

tontoz wrote:How many 1st round picks from the 2011 draft aren't in the NBA now? EG picked 2 of them. Are there any more?

But Shelvin Mack is!
DCZards
General Manager
And1: 3,971

Post#1540 » by DCZards » Wed Nov 5, 2014 6:32 pm

Kanyewest wrote:
tontoz wrote:How many 1st round picks from the 2011 draft aren't in the NBA now? EG picked 2 of them. Are there any more?

But Shelvin Mack is!
'

Right now, I'd go with Temple over Mack. Better defender, better athlete...maybe even a better shooter.

Return to Washington Wizards