NBA 2017 Draft Prospects Thread

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

Winglish
Analyst
And1: 1,302

Re: RE: Re: NBA 2017 Draft Prospects Thread 

Post#1021 » by Winglish » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:17 am

KqWIN wrote:Good pod by Tony Jones, Kyle Goon, and Aaron Falk.

http://www.sltrib.com/sports/5424360-155/utah-jazz-podcast-what-is-happening

- On moving up into lottery: Only asset that gets you in the lottery is Hood, Exum and Favors will not. Favors could, but he's not healthy. If the Jazz move up, it would be later in the lottery and not likely in the top 10.

- On possible Hood extension: I've been told that Hood will be looking for $15-$18 M a year...So we're looking at 4 years, $76 M. He needs to be healthy. If he has a great year he could come back with a $100 M offer sheet. Because of that, both sides are treading on ice.

- Stash is a possibility at any of their picks. Hartenstein mentioned.

- Hearing that Tony Bradley had an impressive workout.

- The Jazz really, really, really like Donovan Mitchell.

- Jazz have to figure out PG position. They need to know have a PG by June 1st or know 100% that George Hill is coming back. They don't know that George Hill is coming back.

- Favors' camp assumes that he is on the trading block. Backup big is a need.

- Trailblazers really like Kuzma. Had a really good workout there. TJ thinks he has a promise in the second round before pick 30 (Hornets, Suns, Magic, Kings). His range is somewhere between 22-36.

- TJ thinks Frank is a definite fit with Utah. He has been talking with Frank's camp off an on for month, they want him to be in Utah. It's now a question of if the Jazz want him in Utah as well. Expects him to be ready for camp, not ready for summer league.

- Best case trade scenario that is realistic is....drumroll...Goran Dragic!

- Beverley is on the block, the Jazz could absorb him. TJ is very adamant that the Jazz need a PG before July 1.

- Iggy rumor is hogwash.

- TJ hearing that Hayward is genuinely torn and the odds are 50/50. PG situation has to be solidified.

SUPER nice summary, man. Thank you! Sincerely.

Sent from my SM-N900T using RealGM mobile app
sipclip
Head Coach
And1: 1,240

Re: NBA 2017 Draft Prospects Thread 

Post#1022 » by sipclip » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:46 am

Can't wait for tomorrow and hopefully the jazz don't ruin our day like they did last year with the George Hill trade. Giving up a lottery pick for a 1 year rental or the right to pay George Hill an obscene amount was definitely shortsighted. Hopefully it isn't more of the same. As far as the draft goes I don't think I have ever had such a difficult time zeroing in on a player that I want. This year it feels like a kid in a candy store with so many great options. Right now I am leading towards Jordan Bell at 24. I think he is going to end up being a special defensive player in this league while offensively I think he has a lot more potential than he has shown. His shooting stroke actually looks pretty good and he has terrific hands. My dream at 24 is Bam but I don't think there is anyway that he is there. At 30 it is Frank Jackson if he is around. He makes too much sense with the skillset that he brings to the table and I like the fact that he can play both guard positions and can really shoot the ball. If he went to a different school and was allowed to dominate the ball I think he would be a definite lottery pick.
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,242

Post#1023 » by Catchall » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:14 am

sipclip wrote:Here is a kid that we should be talking more about in the 2nd rd. He is a little undersized for a pf 6'8 1/4" but he weighed in at a solid 239lbs and tested out great athletically. From a skill standpoint he is really good at both ends of floor hitting 38% of his 3's on 4.9 attempts a game so it wasn't a small sample size. Defensively he avearged 2.6 blocks a game each of the last 2 seasons and is a decent rebounder. In today's current environment of stretch 4's and switching everything he could really flourish.

I like Cameron Oliver as much as I like Ojeleye, tbh.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
tleikheen
Analyst
And1: 944

Post#1024 » by tleikheen » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:29 am

Because I don't think the Jazz are going to make a big splash on FA and will also lose Hayward and Hill,they'll get back to draft and develop.I think they'll have to hold onto Burks and Favors as they haven't had time to show their 100% healthy and back on track.Jazz have them signed and won't dump them cheap.
Without Hayward and Hill,Jazz still have 7 players that are entering their 3rd year and plus together.(Gobert,Favors,Ingles,Hood,Exum,Lyles,Burks).These 7 will be too damn good to be a tank team !3 years playing in Snyder's system,going into their 4th year.

Jazz Draft:
#24) Ike Anigbogu (C)...... With his reach and power he'd be a great backup behind Gobert
#30) Semi Ojeleye (SF)..... Another physical force at SF,

If they can pick up Patrick Beverly to share PG duties with Exum,Jazz will be 2 deep everywhere in their lineup

(C) Gobert,Anigbogu
(PF) Favors,Lyles,Balomboy
(SF) Ingles,Ojeleye
(SG) Hood,Burks)
(PG) Exum,Beverley
KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#1025 » by KqWIN » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:57 pm

Ford latest mock:

42 - Mathias Lessort
55 - Nedim Buza

Also:

Read on Twitter
stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Post#1026 » by stitches » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:02 pm

I'm updating my big board on the day of the draft. This will be my final update.Take the rankings in the second round with a grain of salt since I have watched extremely limited film of them(aka youtubing)

--------------------------------------------tier 1
1. Markelle Fultz
--------------------------------------------tier 2
2. Dennis Smith JR
3. Josh Jackson
4. Jayson Tatum
5. Jonathan Isaac
6. Lonzo Ball
--------------------------------------------tier 3
7. De'Aaron Fox
8. Lauri Markkanen
9. Frank Ntilikina
10. Malik Monk
11. Zach Collins
12. Bam Adebayo +1
--------------------------------------------tier 4
13. Justin Patton
14. Donovan Mitchell
15. OG Anunoby -3
16. Ike Anigbou
17. Harry Giles
18. Frank Jackson
--------------------------------------------tier 5
19. DJ Wilson
20. Jarrett Allen
21. Semi Ojeleye
22. Derrick White
23. Luke Kennard +10
24. Anzejs Pasecniks
25. Justin Jackson (UNC)
26. Kyle Kuzma
27. TJ Leaf
28. Jordan Bell
29. Terrance Ferguson
30. Jawun Evans
--------------------------------------------tier second rounders
31. Isaiah Hartenstein
32. Caleb Swanigan
33. Sindarius Thornwell
34. Ivan Rabb
35. Josh Hart
36. Jonah Bolden
37. Frank Mason III
38. Sterling Brown
39. Wesley Iwundu
40. George De Paula
41. Aleksandar Vezenkov
42. Johnathan Motley
43. Edmond Sumner
44. Thomas Bryant
45. P.J. Dozier
46. Tyler Dorsey
47. Nik Slavica
48. Dillon Brooks
49. Devin Robinson
50. Cameron Oliver

OK, that's my top 50. Maybe i've missed somebody, but oh well...
stitches
RealGM

Post#1027 » by stitches » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:06 pm

KqWIN wrote:Ford latest mock:

42 - Mathias Lessort
55 - Nedim Buza

Also:

Read on Twitter

And the latest DX gives us Anzejs Pasecniks at 24, Tony Bradley at 30(2 centers in the first round... yeah... I don't buy it... they probably are not doing team specific analysis). Add Jonathan Motley, another center at 42 and Alberto Abalde at 55(I haven't heard of him).
stitches
RealGM

Post#1028 » by stitches » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:59 pm

Read on Twitter

I really want to see him in SL at least. I think he's gonna light it up. (go to the link above, there is a video of him shooting 3s... he drained like... 18 in a row. Literally IN A ROW)
stitches
RealGM

Post#1029 » by stitches » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:39 pm

There is supposed to be a press-conference starting soon presenting our rookies, but there doesn't seem to be a live feed for fans :(
pickIBL
Head Coach
And1: 951

Post#1030 » by pickIBL » Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:40 am

pickIBL wrote:
dr0welf wrote:I would have to see more than what I have of him to form a solid opinion. Your knowledge of foreign players out distance mine by a long shot. He looks extremely raw and way too much time to develop right now. Maybe pick and let him play and develop over seas a little longer?

He was off the boards and is finding his way back on and climbing. I kinda like where the G league is going. But a move to Europe would be okay too. Same with Gabriel Deck, sure he's limited athletically but as we move to position less basketball you gotta think 2 way G leaguer.

Im awesome
I like my prospects the same way I like my women... foreign- pickIBL
dr0welf
Analyst
And1: 775

Post#1031 » by dr0welf » Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:48 am

pickIBL wrote:
pickIBL wrote:
dr0welf wrote:I would have to see more than what I have of him to form a solid opinion. Your knowledge of foreign players out distance mine by a long shot. He looks extremely raw and way too much time to develop right now. Maybe pick and let him play and develop over seas a little longer?

He was off the boards and is finding his way back on and climbing. I kinda like where the G league is going. But a move to Europe would be okay too. Same with Gabriel Deck, sure he's limited athletically but as we move to position less basketball you gotta think 2 way G leaguer.

Im awesome

I think I might be missing something.... Haven't seen much of George De Paula after Houston realeased him. ??
pickIBL
Head Coach
And1: 951

Post#1032 » by pickIBL » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:54 am

Referring to Deck of course. But De Paula has made big strides back in South America over the last year or two. Like Deck he could make the jump to Europe
I like my prospects the same way I like my women... foreign- pickIBL

Return to Utah Jazz