Bellator General Discussion and Info

Moderator: CPT

spykelee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 13,620
And1: 1,477
Joined: Sep 14, 2005
Location: Toronto
   

Re: Bellator General Discussion and Info 

Post#1661 » by spykelee » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:09 am

Not even competitive. Rory was badly outclassed. Great job by GM. He looked tremendous
User avatar
Susan
RealGM
Posts: 16,206
And1: 3,175
Joined: Jan 25, 2005
Location: jackfinn & Scott May appreciation society
     

Re: Bellator General Discussion and Info 

Post#1662 » by Susan » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:11 am

Gegard Bader lets gooooo
User avatar
REDDzone
RealGM
Posts: 28,542
And1: 3,433
Joined: Oct 06, 2006
Location: The Hooker Control Service is Back in Business.
 

Re: Bellator General Discussion and Info 

Post#1663 » by REDDzone » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:11 am

The good news for Rory is that he's an absolute nightmare stylistically for Fitch.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
User avatar
Bernman
RealGM
Posts: 22,870
And1: 3,935
Joined: Aug 05, 2004
Location: Into the Great White Nothing
     

Re: Bellator General Discussion and Info 

Post#1664 » by Bernman » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:13 am

That was predictable. Bad idea by Rory. He had no clear avenue to victory. I'd have been more interested to see Lima v. Mousasi in the future, if the Phenom can get by Rory the 2nd time by just making better tactical choices. Lima has the kicking advantage, power to put even Mousasi out with punches, and he has a better defensive guard than Rory. That's a hypothetically intriguing fight for the near future. This was not intriguing, when you thought about it a bit. Just two big names and really good fighters going at it for a hot minute.

In the meantime, I think they just do the Lovato fight. Bader wouldn't be ready either, unless he loses to Meathead and it's not too damaging. Lovato has a couple potential paths to victory. He poses some danger with his kicking game. And he's as high level as it gets on the ground in mma. But Mousasi's up there as well, and I figure he probably would win between that competitiveness, controlling where the fight takes place, and his straights.

Of course there's Machida part two. Gegard could get that loss off his record. Gotta get thru Carvalho first at the next DAZN though. That card is shaping up well also.
Empty Blatter
User avatar
Susan
RealGM
Posts: 16,206
And1: 3,175
Joined: Jan 25, 2005
Location: jackfinn & Scott May appreciation society
     

Re: Bellator General Discussion and Info 

Post#1665 » by Susan » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:15 am

PICO GEGARD LETS GOOOOOOOOOO
User avatar
REDDzone
RealGM
Posts: 28,542
And1: 3,433
Joined: Oct 06, 2006
Location: The Hooker Control Service is Back in Business.
 

Re: Bellator General Discussion and Info 

Post#1666 » by REDDzone » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:18 am

Pretty sure Rory tapped too. Brutal. Can't imagine how terrifying it would be to be in a guys crushing mount like that while he rains down heavy shots on you.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
User avatar
Prez
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 21,086
And1: 29,153
Joined: Jan 26, 2015
 

Re: Bellator General Discussion and Info 

Post#1667 » by Prez » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:20 am

Moose is incredible and I'm salty we won't see Whittaker/Moose.
User avatar
Nemesis21
RealGM
Posts: 38,272
And1: 6,261
Joined: Feb 11, 2006
Location: Free Nemesis21
         

Re: Bellator General Discussion and Info 

Post#1668 » by Nemesis21 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:39 am

Read on Twitter



:)
User avatar
cowboyronnie
RealGM
Posts: 29,099
And1: 884
Joined: Feb 20, 2004

Re: Bellator General Discussion and Info 

Post#1669 » by cowboyronnie » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:08 pm

Pico is a crazy athlete but I don't think that type of boxing - pressure, closing the distance, power combos - is good for MMA. He is going to get KTFOd himself fairly often. And he almost did. Higo hit him with a clean 3-2 about one minute in, turned his chin with both punches. You simply can't count on your guard in 4 oz gloves, you have to be moving in & out of the pocket, relying on your feet, changing levels, and using your jab.

Also, God damnit, once again Big Jon trying to make it about himself. That was a totally legit time of stoppage. But Big Jon had to feign all sorts of outrage. Didn't really have anything to say after the replay, though.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
User avatar
cowboyronnie
RealGM
Posts: 29,099
And1: 884
Joined: Feb 20, 2004

Re: Bellator General Discussion and Info 

Post#1670 » by cowboyronnie » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:42 pm

REDDzone wrote:Pretty sure Rory tapped too. Brutal. Can't imagine how terrifying it would be to be in a guys crushing mount like that while he rains down heavy shots on you.


He definitely did. That's twice he's submitted to strikes.

This guy talks like he's in it for some intense spiritual element. That's how he talks and brands himself - like he wants to live in the abyss and see death. And why he kills animals with spears and blades in the B.C. interior. But dude doesn't really want all that.

Also, WTF was his team's plan? Some hail Mary breakdancer take down? His coach in the corner mentioned trying to counter over the top of Gegard's jab. Puhlease. He is a front foot fighter against a guy with 20 pounds and the best jab in the sport. Don't let him take the fight. That was ridiculous.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
User avatar
cowboyronnie
RealGM
Posts: 29,099
And1: 884
Joined: Feb 20, 2004

Re: Bellator General Discussion and Info 

Post#1671 » by cowboyronnie » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:44 pm

Made some cash doing 2x parlays: Rampage + Pico, Rampage + Gegard.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
User avatar
REDDzone
RealGM
Posts: 28,542
And1: 3,433
Joined: Oct 06, 2006
Location: The Hooker Control Service is Back in Business.
 

Re: Bellator General Discussion and Info 

Post#1672 » by REDDzone » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:46 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:
REDDzone wrote:Pretty sure Rory tapped too. Brutal. Can't imagine how terrifying it would be to be in a guys crushing mount like that while he rains down heavy shots on you.


He definitely did. That's twice he's submitted to strikes.

This guy talks like he's in it for some intense spiritual element. That's how he talks and brands himself - like he wants to live in the abyss and see death. And why he kills animals with spears and blades in the B.C. interior. But dude doesn't really want all that.

Also, WTF was his team's plan? Some hail Mary breakdancer take down? His coach in the corner mentioned trying to counter over the top of Gegard's jab. Puhlease. He is a front foot fighter against a guy with 20 pounds and the best jab in the sport. Don't let him take the fight. That was ridiculous.
Uh oh, trouble in para-firas?


(K that was bad)
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
User avatar
REDDzone
RealGM
Posts: 28,542
And1: 3,433
Joined: Oct 06, 2006
Location: The Hooker Control Service is Back in Business.
 

Re: Bellator General Discussion and Info 

Post#1673 » by REDDzone » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:48 pm

I knew Rory was in trouble, but after hearing the interview beforehand where he was like yeah gegard is bigger and stronger and longer and just as good technically, but I'm confident I will dominate this fight! I was like uh oh Rory is f*cked, he probably believes he has a stronger spirit or something.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
User avatar
Susan
RealGM
Posts: 16,206
And1: 3,175
Joined: Jan 25, 2005
Location: jackfinn & Scott May appreciation society
     

Re: Bellator General Discussion and Info 

Post#1674 » by Susan » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:49 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:Pico is a crazy athlete but I don't think that type of boxing - pressure, closing the distance, power combos - is good for MMA. He is going to get KTFOd himself fairly often. And he almost did. Higo hit him with a clean 3-2 about one minute in, turned his chin with both punches. You simply can't count on your guard in 4 oz gloves, you have to be moving in & out of the pocket, relying on your feet, changing levels, and using your jab.

Also, God damnit, once again Big Jon trying to make it about himself. That was a totally legit time of stoppage. But Big Jon had to feign all sorts of outrage. Didn't really have anything to say after the replay, though.


Pico will never lose.
User avatar
Susan
RealGM
Posts: 16,206
And1: 3,175
Joined: Jan 25, 2005
Location: jackfinn & Scott May appreciation society
     

Re: Bellator General Discussion and Info 

Post#1675 » by Susan » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:53 pm

But f'real, Pico is a Boxer-Wrestler. He doesn't do a good job (yet) of tying all that together and that's a problem.

Compare him to an uber fighter like Zabit who is way more aware of how to bring the entire game together and I dunno if I can ever see him get to that highest level.
NZB2323
Head Coach
Posts: 7,281
And1: 3,140
Joined: Aug 02, 2008

Re: Bellator General Discussion and Info 

Post#1676 » by NZB2323 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:04 pm

What channel is Bellator on?
User avatar
cowboyronnie
RealGM
Posts: 29,099
And1: 884
Joined: Feb 20, 2004

Re: Bellator General Discussion and Info 

Post#1677 » by cowboyronnie » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:31 am

Fedor is looking faaaaaaaaaaaaat

But has he ever been beaten by a guy who couldn't KO him clean? It would be weird to see Fedor straight decisioned by grind, like Chael beat Wanderlei.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
qm22
Head Coach
Posts: 7,406
And1: 1,614
Joined: Dec 29, 2009

Re: Bellator General Discussion and Info 

Post#1678 » by qm22 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:34 am

cowboyronnie wrote:Fedor is looking faaaaaaaaaaaaat

But has he ever been beaten by a guy who couldn't KO him clean? It would be weird to see Fedor straight decisioned by grind, like Chael beat Wanderlei.


I get the impression from the open workout that he hits way harder than Chael now. I think Chael has trouble approaching and Fedor can give him a lot of damage before any wrestling ensues, and the wrestling may not be in Chael's favor at all until Fedor tires out. Fedor having a tiny gas tank is the only factor I can picture enabling Chael to win.
User avatar
REDDzone
RealGM
Posts: 28,542
And1: 3,433
Joined: Oct 06, 2006
Location: The Hooker Control Service is Back in Business.
 

Re: Bellator General Discussion and Info 

Post#1679 » by REDDzone » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:58 pm

This is a fascinating fight in the sense that I have NO clue at all how it goes.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
User avatar
cowboyronnie
RealGM
Posts: 29,099
And1: 884
Joined: Feb 20, 2004

Re: Bellator General Discussion and Info 

Post#1680 » by cowboyronnie » Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:11 pm

Come on, Roy. Gets hit downed. A half second later. His hips suddenly flail off the ground and he collapses.

GD Kharitonov's power is something else. He and Boetsch have some beautiful damn uppercuts.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts